Change in body chemistry? (aka why doesn't my deodorant work anymore?) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-22-2009, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That about sums it up.

I hit 22 weeks and all of a sudden I have pit stains all the time. I'm not especially hot or stressed. I haven't changed antiperspirant/deodorant (but I'm thinking about it now...).

I'm carrying a boy so maybe my body chemistry is off? Is there some big hormonal thing the baby does around now? FWIW, #2 is a boy but I was at this stage with him in hot weather so if it happened then, I don't remember being surprised by it.

What gives? What antiperspirant/deodorant is working for you?
#2 of 7 Old 02-22-2009, 11:17 PM

I had the same thing when I DD was younger and nursing around the clock. Fun times for the summer, LOL! I think it's the horomone changes.
#3 of 7 Old 02-23-2009, 09:07 AM

My sister had to change deodorants after her 3rd (a girl) and still hasn't found one that works. Those silly hormones! I make my own funk butter; lucky for me it's still working because nothing else has ever worked for me before (short of nasty prescriptions)!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#4 of 7 Old 02-23-2009, 10:15 AM

My deodorant still works, luckily. I have noticed though, that the only time I really NEED deodorant is when I am preggo. I can go without when I am not pregnant. So I guess my chemistry really changes too.

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
#5 of 7 Old 02-23-2009, 04:04 PM

don't want to brag here... but I have noticed a decrease in sweating and body odor-- woo hoo!
#6 of 7 Old 02-23-2009, 08:26 PM

I'm definitely sweatier! I figured it was just because I'm hotter/ it takes more energy to move around than before/ I'm up more than 20 pounds already. But maybe it is hormonal, I don't know!

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#7 of 7 Old 02-25-2009, 10:13 PM

I have also been really sweaty. Even if I'm not hot. Anytime I'm wearing sleeves, I have sweaty arm pits, and it's gross, and it's uncomfortable...the sweat makes my skin break out under my arms in little red bumps sometimes. The thought of sleeves sends a shiver down my spine...but since it's freezing out, I force myself to wear them. I just also wear a tank top underneath so that if it's too unbearable I can strip.

Single mama to S ~ 6/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page