feeling thirsty, but feeling sick after drinking - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-26-2009, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At the moment it's seeming like my stomach can't cope with the volume of liquid required to keep me hydrated and I'm fighting a continuous battle between nausea and thirst. I suppose one good thing is that even though this nausea really does feel like it's coming from an overfull stomach, that at least it's not turned into heartburn. I also feel like because I feel so full of liquid that I'm not eating enough and consequently feeling exhausted. I don't remember feeling like this before, but it's 4 years since my last pregnancy, so I could have forgotten!

Anne, Christian mummy to Nathanael 05/28/03, Ada 06/10/05, Grace 05/24/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 03:38 AM

I find I do best if I have a glass or water bottle with me constantly and drink a few sips at a time, rather than drinking a whole bunch at once. I'm also constantly thirsty, but I think my stomach is getting squished already.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

Old 02-26-2009, 03:43 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
room temp water has made it easier for me, as i too have been constantly thirsty. my stomach would feel so full after drinking, but i read that your body absorbs and hydrates better with room temp water, so you dont feel as full for as long. pretty cool info, cant remember where that was, but if i find it again i can post the link if youd like.

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
Old 02-26-2009, 09:56 AM

I haven't had this problem other than right upon waking. And yes, room temp water seems to help at that time. In fact, what helps most and seems to set me up good for the rest of the day is a glass of room temp water with a bit of fresh lemon and raw honey mixed in. After that and breakfast I can drink like a camel if I'm thirsty!

Happy mama to DD (8-11-05) and DS (6-5-09) and married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:24 PM

Try some chicken broth, it will take care of both nutrition and thirst.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:59 PM

I wonder if you are short on bile so when you dilute it even further with a bunch of water your tummy isn't able to process properly? Maybe try not drinking water right after eating? And when you do drink it really pace yourself.

I dunno, shot in the dark!

Erin sharing life with a burly husband and two rad boys 7/06 & 5/09 : : Zone 9-ish
Old 02-26-2009, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone, I've been trying today to fill my water bottle up right after I finish it, rather than waiting until I want the next drink. I feel a lot better this afternoon than I did yesterday afternoon. I think I also need to be carefull about food choices in the evening, I don't think I helped myself last night by eating chocolate not long before bed!

Anne, Christian mummy to Nathanael 05/28/03, Ada 06/10/05, Grace 05/24/09

User Tag List