You know you're 7 months pregnant when.... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 03-26-2009, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ha ha, this is oh so funny, and OH so true :

Shawna- wife to DH, mother to DD (6-2009)
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****heartbeat.gif
#32 of 50 Old 03-26-2009, 03:39 PM

When your DH has about six inches of space left in the bed.

When you can't find a bra that works right, so you give up and start wearing sports bra's all the time.

When you outgrow your first round of maternity clothes and have to buy the next size up...speaking of which, I know it's off topic, but I have to say that the pants I bought last November for $29.99 are now $45.99 at Motherhood Maternity, AND their return policy is now 10 days exchange only/no refunds! I'm boycotting them. I'll wear spandex from Target before I pay almost $50 for a pair of jeans!

Single mama to S ~ 6/09

#33 of 50 Old 03-26-2009, 03:58 PM

...you wet your pants every time you cough, sneeze, squat, laugh, or simply wait too long.

And then sometimes you feel like you have to pee desperately and when you sit on the toilet you get drip, drip, drip...

...or maybe this is just me?
#34 of 50 Old 03-26-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistles_in_Snow View Post
...you wet your pants every time you cough, sneeze, squat, laugh, or simply wait too long.

And then sometimes you feel like you have to pee desperately and when you sit on the toilet you get drip, drip, drip...

Argh, no it's not just you...I was just griping to myself in the bathroom because I thought I just HAD to go again, but it was drips

I'm glad only the dogs & the birds hear me sometimes lol.

Sahm to 2 girls (17 & 15)& Cody (7/09).
#35 of 50 Old 03-26-2009, 04:35 PM

...When even your maternity shirts refuse to stay pulled down to cover your belly.

...When you keep waking up with your bum hanging out from under the covers, because there's not enough of them to cover all of you.

...When you go pee, and by the time you've stood up, flushed, and washed your hands, you have to pee again.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#36 of 50 Old 03-26-2009, 05:02 PM

When you have your fortress of pillows at night that need to be tucked in precisely at the right angle (one behind the back, one under the belly, one between the legs, and two behind your head), and it takes about 15 minutes to get them "just right".

The novelty of the the big belly is kind of wearing off, and you start dreaming about buttons and belts again because you can't walk anywhere without constantly pulling up your maternity pants.

You are cautious about the way you walk because one false move can release a fart, always at the wrong place and the wrong time .

You go pee, and 10 minutes later are going pee again! Oy vey!

You get tired of saying the same thing 10 times a day & are thinking of having a shirt designed that says: I'm due in June - It's a boy - Yes we've picked out a name - No it's not my first.
#37 of 50 Old 03-26-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistles_in_Snow View Post

I was having some incontinence issues and even bought pads, but then I started being super religious about my kegels and it's a lot better. I thought those things were so hokey until they actually helped me! Now it only happens if I really have to pee and sneeze, cough, etc. Then again, I still have 11 weeks to go, so I'm sure I'll get to that point again soon!!

Single mama to S ~ 6/09

#38 of 50 Old 03-28-2009, 11:10 AM

I can just say ditto to EVERYTHING in this thread already! And thanks, y'all gave me a good laugh!

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#39 of 50 Old 03-29-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
WITH DH? I'm having a hard time fitting in the shower just all by myself!

Let's see... every morning it's a little bit harder to lace up my hiking boots to walk the dog. Similarly, got a pedicure on the grounds that it's too darn hard to reach my own toenails these days!

Each day, I get more comments about my pregnant belly.

I GRUNT these days!

Suddenly, I'm as tired as I was throughout the first trimester... and I barely remember those months because I SLEPT THROUGH THEM!
Climbing into dh's truck I noticed I grunted, when I commented he told me 'Honey you grunt ALL THE TIME now!' I think if I hadn't read this thread & laughed about it already I would have been upset, instead I just giggled.

#40 of 50 Old 03-29-2009, 05:51 PM

I thought of a new one. I am an emotional mess. Only at 7 months pg would I bawl like a baby at my sons band finals. And then I bawled even worse when they only got 4th place. I am a mess.
#41 of 50 Old 03-29-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrogger View Post
I thought of a new one. I am an emotional mess. Only at 7 months pg would I bawl like a baby at my sons band finals. And then I bawled even worse when they only got 4th place. I am a mess.
This is so me. I was in tears 3 times yesterday. Once in the morning 'cause I was feeling rejected (again) if you know what I mean.

Once later in the day 'cause DH and I were arguing over a closet reno that keeps expanding in scope and then again about the door frame around the same closet. I can't believe I'm crying over door frames.

I've been pretty even keel emotionally up until the last couple weeks but I think it's all kicking in at once.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#42 of 50 Old 03-29-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
This is so me. I was in tears 3 times yesterday. Once in the morning 'cause I was feeling rejected (again) if you know what I mean.

Once later in the day 'cause DH and I were arguing over a closet reno that keeps expanding in scope and then again about the door frame around the same closet. I can't believe I'm crying over door frames.

I've been pretty even keel emotionally up until the last couple weeks but I think it's all kicking in at once.
I was angry yesterday because my crib still isn't in and I want to set it up, which is weird because I know I wont use it, but I want it up anyway because it will be pretty with his bedding. DH thinks I am going insane. HA.
#43 of 50 Old 03-30-2009, 12:52 AM

I have to have constant reminders I'm only 7 months pregnant. It feels as if I'm at least 8!

Erin sharing life with a burly husband and two rad boys 7/06 & 5/09 : : Zone 9-ish
#44 of 50 Old 04-04-2009, 12:33 PM

... you realize you have more accidents than your 2 year-old.

... every time you sneeze your DH asks if you peed, and the answer is usually yes.

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#45 of 50 Old 04-04-2009, 08:18 PM

I like the one about turning sideways not helping you squeeze in between anything! That's totally me!

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#46 of 50 Old 04-06-2009, 07:18 AM

You take yet another short nap between piddling & the dogs look at you like 'Hey is that all you do is sleep?'

#47 of 50 Old 04-11-2009, 02:08 PM
kkd

When your ankles disappear! Just noticed this week I have fat feet and no more ankles!!
#48 of 50 Old 04-11-2009, 02:34 PM

I'm with you all on a lot of these

How about when you are so uncomfortably full, the thought of food makes you feel gross. Then 5 minutes later you are starving and NEED to eat RIGHT NOW!

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#49 of 50 Old 04-11-2009, 09:04 PM

I just tried to paint mine and dd's toenails...um, so NOT happening. :

Beth, Mama to my two nurslings, DD 2.22.07 and DS 6.20.09 Worn, Intact, CD, Unvaxed, Born at Home!
#50 of 50 Old 04-15-2009, 02:57 PM

Oh, I can relate to SOOO many of these!

The heartburn....which was almost non-existant in the early months and is there all the time now.
The farting.....which is also stepping up its game.
The peeing.....both in the pants ALL the time and the frequency. I'm up to 2x a night now with waking up to go.
The belly.....bumping into things when you were SO sure you'd backed up enough to clear the thing.
The car....I've pushed my car seat back far enough so that I can still reach the pedals with my toes, and I've only got about an inch to go before my belly is resting on the steering wheel!

And finally......if someone can find a source for the t-shirt mentioned earlier, I'm in! "Yes, I'm having a baby. I'm due in June, it's a girl, her name will be Grace, and I'm measuring big, but everything is going along just fine." Maybe it's a Seattle-area thing...... I get asked the questions to all these answers just about every time I leave the house, from just about everyone we encounter. Fun times.....

Shannon & Paul...married since 2000. Parents to Alexander Paul Martin - 30 October, 2003 Grace Elizabeth Maile - 12 June, 2009

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page