What will you miss about being pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-08-2009, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What will you miss about being pregnant?

For me...I will miss the little kicks and punches the most...knowing she's safe and warm and happy inside of me...how nice people are to me all of the time because of my big belly. And of course, using pregnancy as an excuse for: eating bad things, eating good things, not being up to DTD with hubby, not cleaning the cat litter box, crying at the drop of a hat, being forgetful, and being clumsy/dumb all the time.

Single mama to S ~ 6/09

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2009, 11:43 AM

I'll mostly miss the kicking, but also the wonder at my body. Every few days I'm just in awe at whatever weird thing my body's doing.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Old 04-08-2009, 11:49 AM

I don't think I'm ready to think about this one yet.

I have enjoyed having my tummy held by my husband and I just don't want to give that up yet.

Geez... I'm going to cry.

Stupid hormones will NOT be missed.

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 PM

Nothing, NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. Can I scream it any louder?? NOTHING lol

I am so ready to not be pg and for this to be my last one. This is pg 7 and baby 10. I think that helps me with my feelings. Also, I am in so much pain constantly that even a little baby kick hurts and makes me want to cry. I am not enjoying this pg.

This is actually nice though because I am to the point I am SO happy about the idea of a tubal that I hope I never regret it.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:46 PM

Mostly I'll miss the movement I think. Tisome extent I'll miss experiencing the amazing things our bodies are doing, although I have to admit that is starting to get old.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

Old 04-08-2009, 02:21 PM

How to explain...

I think what I'm going to miss is that, right now, mothering/parenting/the baby is nothing but potential. Everything is perfect, because it's still in the future, and yet it's *so* close, like planning a garden during the winter months. My labor and birth are wonderful, breastfeeding is working fine, my baby is calm and happy, my DH and I are closer than ever, working as a team, never disagreeing about parenting stuff... at least that's how it is in the world of my daydreams. There are no weeds or slugs in this metaphorical garden. I know that as soon as my baby is born, I will be catapulted from my imaginary daydreamy world into the real one. I can't wait, and at the same time it's scary. I want to be Perfect Mom... Who doesn't exist!

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

Old 04-08-2009, 02:25 PM

I'll miss my husband doing everything! DH has been doing EVERYTHING lately. Dinners, laundry, vacuuming, keeping up with the kitchen, loading/emptying the dishwasher ... it's been wonderful. My SPD has been really bad this time around. By the end of the work day I'm DONE and all I can do is lie on the couch and sort of play with my DD.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

Old 04-08-2009, 05:17 PM

I will truly miss having my husband be in charge of all litterbox duties. Boooo.
I remember missing feeling so full of something awesome after having my son. My body felt empty and strange for a bit.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:44 PM

I really don't think I'll miss a dang thing about it. This is my 2nd and last pregnancy and I am allllll done being pregnant ever again! Vasectomy here we come!

Erin sharing life with a burly husband and two rad boys 7/06 & 5/09 : : Zone 9-ish
Old 04-08-2009, 05:58 PM

I will also LOVE everything about not being pregnant anymore. I'm just not that good at it. I'm very uncomfortable, ALL of the time. Seriously on countdown mode every day. I'm also not planning on any more pregnancies, and am discussing the Big V with hubbie right now too. Although I think it's pretty cool feeling my baby moving around on the inside, I thinks it's even cooler having him on the outside.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:41 PM

my pregnant body; i love it a lot. i also like my body not pregnant, but i just feel so, "earth mama" when i'm pregnant.

feeling the baby move inside me. i don't know if i'll get the "phantom movements" like i did with dd after she was born, but that was sort of creepy when i did. it went on for about 5 months after i gave birth last time!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrogger View Post
Nothing, NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. Can I scream it any louder?? NOTHING lol

I
Ditto! I have never enjoyed being pregnant. There's nothing I enjoy about it. And I'm crazy enough that I'm considering doing it again.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl

User Tag List