Baby Watch '09 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-12-2009, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Ok, I'm starting to freak out. I've been contracting all day, lots and lots of them this morning, and many of them somewhat painful. It feels like I'm on a bad-for-me period (which still isn't much), and I'm showing other rather interesting pre-labor signs. Including nesting.

Seriously, I"m on like 5 hours of sleep and for the first time in a month I DON'T want a nap. I have energy. I want to clean. Of course, if I do much I start contracting and I really really don't want her to come yet. Next week, sure. This week, no.

So definitely freaking out here. Mom went at 37 weeks with me, and I really really don't want to go earlier than that.
I had some intense nesting late last week and I'm nowhere near being ready to deliver. Hang in there. If your babe comes at 36 weeks, she's likely ready The prodromal stuff can last for weeks though. . . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2009, 06:38 PM

I've been crampy the last few days, but I still have 4-8 weeks left.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Old 05-12-2009, 08:21 PM

UGH! My tailbone and other bones down there have started hurting. I am sitting on a pillow at the puter right now. It does help a little i guess. But I noticed a slight pain a few days ago and mentioned to the MW yesterday. She said to make sue i am sitting right so the baby does not turn sunnyside up. I think it may have happened anyway, or he dropped overnight. Cuz my butt hurts!

Ok, done complaining. I know baby is not coming anytime soon though. I am just 34w2d.

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
Old 05-12-2009, 08:31 PM

i was checked today for the first time. i am 50% thinned out, and 1cm dilated. i am 35 and 4 today, and i am glad to have made a bit of progress. i am hoping that this baby comes on his own, but im afraid that at the rate he seems to be growing, i will have to be induced before labor begins.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

i have definitely dropped and it feels like he is trying to dive out of me. still having some contractions here and there, get checked tomorrow so i'm hopeful that i've progressed some. i don't want all this annoyance to be for nothing.

i'm another one that had a weird burst of nesting energy last week. now i'm just sooooooo tiiiiiiiiired. 90+ temperatures don't help.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 PM

I thought the babe had dropped some, since I've been feeling more twinges in the cervix area and today during my frisbee game running was definitely 'different' - like there was definitely something more in the way in my pelvis - I could still run okay, but I could tell the ab muscles that are super low were not contracting the same way (something in the way!)

But, I had an appt this afternoon, and while the babe is head down, its not 'engaged' so not dropped.

I also somehow lost 4 lbs from last thursday (how does that happen?) so now only up 15 at 36wks. A little odd. I don't think I've done anything different, I might have been a little dehydrated (since I biked to/from work *and* played disc, different from last thursday, and it was sunny) but that's usually a pound or two, not four!

I forgot to ask what I'm measuring (if its still 34 again, or more on target)

no dilation. And I don't think she'll check me again, actually, pelvic exams are nicely not routine. They only do this one since they're in there anyway for the group B strep test. Maybe >40wks they do some checking I guess, not sure.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

Old 05-13-2009, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I've been feeling funky and have gotten a few contractions. Haven't dropped yet, although this being my 2nd full term birth, I don't know if I will before labor.

My parents are in Canada right now, and I just found out from my sister (who is also up there with them, all visiting my brother) that my dad was hospitalized with a leg infection. This is his 3rd one, and he is doing much better now. I'm glad he went in. So they were supposed to be back tomorrow, but now they will be leaving Friday at the earliest, and they're driving back here to AL, so a 2-3 day trip (with him having been in the hospital, they might stretch things out a bit). So now I'm a bit stressed, worried about my dad. I told my sister this was sure to send me into early labor.

My last two kids were born in relationship to days that DH traveled or was supposed to travel. My water broke with #1 just 6 hours after DH got home from Seattle (a wee bit far from AL!), and with #2, I went into labor the morning DH was supposed to head up to Boston for a day. So since my mom is supposed to watch my kids, is this baby going to come while my parents are out of town? Hopefully not. And luckily, I DO have plenty of folks I could call as backup to watch the kids.

My midwife goes on call for me on Tuesday, when I'll be 36 weeks. I finally remembered to order my birth kit TODAY, so hopefully it will be here soon. It's one of those custom kits from In His Hands, and I don't know how long those take to put together and send out, but hopefully they'll send it out soon. And I guess I need to start shopping for my other birth supplies, like table cloths and such! I can't believe the time is coming so soon! Eek!

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
Old 05-13-2009, 10:55 PM

I feel very low and squished and I'm in a bad mood. I'm almost 36 weeks. I give her another week and then I'm ready for her to be out LOL. (putting her at 37w)

I have been so crabby lately...ugg...so much to do...

My luck I'll be overdue LOL. My other 2 are 38w and 36w babies though.

I've never been one of those moms who wished her little one earlier but I am just not having any fun here anymore LOL.

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

Old 05-15-2009, 01:23 PM

36w4d today and had my checkup and BPP u/s. Baby's movements, etc were great.

Dr. tested for GBS and also "checked" me. I'm 1 cm and 50% effaced, so nothing very exciting, bummeroo.

I got the 3 hr glucose test done yesterday and hope to hear results by the end of today. My home monitoring looks pretty good, though, so I really hope I pass the test.

My amniotic fluid level is still on the high side, but not sure there will be any explanation for that. Dr. just said there will be an ocean when my water breaks I should invest in some industrial strength maxi pads, maybe! Or some Depends.

I had my first "baby dream" last night. In my dream, I gave birth naturally to a beautifully chubbilicious, black-haired, green-eyed baby boy. This isn't quite realistic--our kids are blond, blue-eyed. This baby was sooooo cute and cuddly and I was pretty disappointed to wake up and realize it was just a dream! LOL

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

Old 05-15-2009, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

i was 2 cm, 70% effaced with some spotting at my last appointment. i spotted pretty heavily the rest of that day, no doubt because of the exam.

last night i lost a lot of my plug, today i'm pretty spotty still and i think i had a couple of "real" contractions last night. hard to tell.

of course, my doc is out of town this weekend so i'm hoping he'll stay put until monday, and then he can come out at any time. i'm ready.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:30 AM

I was feeling left out until the last day or so. I'm 37w1d and last night had heartburn so bad it was making me cough and then vomit. The vomiting seems to have started something. I was nauseous all day today. Plus whenever I am upright or walking I start having much more noticeable contractions across the lower belly and back. And pain radiating down my legs. My BH contrax prior to this have not been especially painful. Just enough for me to go, "Oh, there's another BH." These made me stop and put my hand on the wall or stop talking and begin pacing. I'm hoping it's a sign. Nausea is still present, too. I've been able to eat but not much. Oh, and i'm HOT.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

Old 05-16-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonuptosondown View Post
My amniotic fluid level is still on the high side, but not sure there will be any explanation for that. Dr. just said there will be an ocean when my water breaks I should invest in some industrial strength maxi pads, maybe! Or some Depends.
LOL
Go with the Depends. I kid you not. Maxis - even super absorbant ones - just don't cut it.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

Old 05-16-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
I was feeling left out until the last day or so. I'm 37w1d and last night had heartburn so bad it was making me cough and then vomit. The vomiting seems to have started something. I was nauseous all day today. Plus whenever I am upright or walking I start having much more noticeable contractions across the lower belly and back. And pain radiating down my legs. My BH contrax prior to this have not been especially painful. Just enough for me to go, "Oh, there's another BH." These made me stop and put my hand on the wall or stop talking and begin pacing. I'm hoping it's a sign. Nausea is still present, too. I've been able to eat but not much. Oh, and i'm HOT.
That sounds exciting!: Keep us posted!

And thanks for the tip--I may send dh out to the drugstore for me

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

Old 05-16-2009, 11:41 AM

Still nothing going on over here. I'm just about 38 weeks. No contractions, no bleeding, no mucus. I don't know if I'm dilated or not b/c I chose not to be checked. I do think that the baby has turned somewhat from the posterior, because I don't have so much of that "back-of-skull-pressing-on-sacrum" feeling as before.

I still have so much to do around the house to get ready, and I'm scheduled for one more week at work, so it's not like I want the baby to come this weekend or anything. But still, I'm starting to feel differently (?) about it. Up until a few days ago, it felt like the baby and I were a team. It almost felt like we were communicating, playing little games, when s/he would kick outwards, and I'd rub that spot, YK? Lately it feels more like we're at odds with each other, like the baby is cramped for space, and I have no more space to give. A lot of his/her movements border on painful for me, now. It's kind of like, this body ain't big enough for the two of us! I guess I'm just starting to make the necessary mental shift from enjoying the pregnancy, to wanting the baby out, that happens before labor and birth. It probably took a little longer for me because of all the baggage... after so many miscarriages, it's weird to think that this time, it's OK if there's bleeding, cramping, or things coming out. That it still means the end, but not in a catastrophic way. I don't know, my head is weird.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

Old 05-16-2009, 02:45 PM

We are 37w4d and our surro has been having contractions 20 mins apart since Thurs night. She is going to be having a c-section, so the hosp told us to come in at 10 mins apart. I hope it happens this weekend! :
Old 05-16-2009, 02:50 PM

I'm not even 35 weeks yet, so I'm envious of those of you so close to holding babies

That said, not much going on here except more pressure down below If I'm standing still for too long, I'm uncomfortable. Feels like my bottom half is going to just fall out. It does not HURT, but it's just loads of pressure. Still having lots of BH contractions as well- but that's very typical for me.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:11 PM

I will be 37 weeks on Monday (May 18). I had the GBS test earlier this week and the midwife did a cervical check as long as my pants were off anyway. Cervix is high and tight. Which is fine. I won't be having any more cervical checks until 40 weeks, though. They're not really all that helpful!

I've been having some uncomfortable BH here and there, but nothing regular. And I think the baby's dropping since I have been feeling a lot more pelvic and rectal pressure.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm 35 weeks tomorrow. Had my 34 week appointment on Wednesday and OB did a quick check because of my history of early babies. Cervix is still high and firm, though she could slip a fingertip in. She mentioned that my pubic bone is a lot lower than she'd have expected for someone who's actually had vaginal deliveries before. If she didn't know my history, she'd have thought my pelvis couldn't accommodate them. (This was due to my breaking my pubic bone with I was pregnant with DD10, and it never set right.) So it moves all over the place now.

Next week's appointment will be with a different doc since mine's on vacation for a week. OB said to try and be not so critical of other OB since she's completely medical minded and will probably try to schedule induction for the next day! HAHAHA! So. Not. Happening.

I can't wait to start hearing about all the new babies coming!!!
Old 05-16-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critty View Post
We are 37w4d and our surro has been having contractions 20 mins apart since Thurs night. She is going to be having a c-section, so the hosp told us to come in at 10 mins apart. I hope it happens this weekend! :
Ooh! Maybe start a new thread and keep posting updates as you can so I can stalk you and get a labor fix everytime I pass the computer!! I'm busily steam cleaning carpets now that I've had a pick-me-up nap and I hit "refresh" whenever I pass through the kitchen LOL!!

Old 05-16-2009, 09:15 PM

I will be 37 weeks on Wednesday and I am still carrying my twins!!: I am quite ready at this point though. My lower regions feel like they are going to fall off. I am contracting on a regular basis. Nausea and total loss of appetite.. Tons of mucus. Did I mention that my twins are going to be here in 13 days!!!! If I do not go into labor before then.. We are so excited..

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
Old 05-16-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRSMR View Post
I will be 37 weeks on Wednesday and I am still carrying my twins!!: I am quite ready at this point though. My lower regions feel like they are going to fall off. I am contracting on a regular basis. Nausea and total loss of appetite.. Tons of mucus. Did I mention that my twins are going to be here in 13 days!!!! If I do not go into labor before then.. We are so excited..
That is awesome you have made it this far! :

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:24 AM

Woot on getting so far with the twins!

I spent much of today having lots and lots of contractions, most of which were regular and all were painful. They stopped around 6 tonight. This whole fake labor thing is kind of annoying, but I'm making definite progress. Every day is a bit more intense, a bit more regular, so I'm hoping it'll be soon. If she shows up on Wednesday it'll follow the pattern of both mine and DH's side. Mine is coming at 37 weeks, his is the day before his birthday (1st grandkid came 3 days before the mom's b-day, 2nd came 2 days before, so she "should" be 1 day before).

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Old 05-17-2009, 01:45 AM

I wasn't going to post here, since I was really hoping to go my whole pregnancy (and labor!) without a VE, but I'm 36.5 weeks, and I woke up this morning to ctx, vomiting, and loose stools. The ctx were VERY regular, even side-lying, at 7 minutes apart. I knew I was dehydrated, which wasn't helping, but the vomiting was preventing me from getting liquids in any meaningful quantities. I want this baby to stay in another week, AT LEAST!! (I'm hoping for 10+ lbs.... )

Anyways, the midwife (who was equally hoping to not have to check me, I do love these midwives!) swears I am closed up tight. However, 10 hours later the ctx are still regular. Vomiting has stopped, I'm hydrated, and we have guests from out of state getting here tomorrow morning!

I'm just feeling overwhelmed, and I really need another week to get the house and plans in order so I am not a stress machine with a newborn baby.

Thanks for letting me vent, I'm going to go sit down and wish away the dishes and decluttering that would have gotten done if I hadn't been sick. Husband stayed home and took care of DD, and SAID he would do the dishes, but now he's SO tired from taking care of the toddler ALL DAY.
Yea. That's my life he's whining about.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRSMR View Post
37 weeks and still going with twins... Fantastic! : LOL I didn't realize loss of appetite was a sign of impending labor, I'll have to look out for that. My appetite has been, um, UNREAL this whole pregnancy pretty much, so I'd definitely notice something like being not-hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultivatingMyRoots View Post
I wasn't going to post here, since I was really hoping to go my whole pregnancy (and labor!) without a VE, but I'm 36.5 weeks, and I woke up this morning to ctx, vomiting, and loose stools. The ctx were VERY regular, even side-lying, at 7 minutes apart. I knew I was dehydrated, which wasn't helping, but the vomiting was preventing me from getting liquids in any meaningful quantities. I want this baby to stay in another week, AT LEAST!! (I'm hoping for 10+ lbs.... )

Anyways, the midwife (who was equally hoping to not have to check me, I do love these midwives!) swears I am closed up tight. However, 10 hours later the ctx are still regular. Vomiting has stopped, I'm hydrated, and we have guests from out of state getting here tomorrow morning!

I'm just feeling overwhelmed, and I really need another week to get the house and plans in order so I am not a stress machine with a newborn baby.

Thanks for letting me vent, I'm going to go sit down and wish away the dishes and decluttering that would have gotten done if I hadn't been sick. Husband stayed home and took care of DD, and SAID he would do the dishes, but now he's SO tired from taking care of the toddler ALL DAY.
Yea. That's my life he's whining about.
Hey, this thread isn't just for mamas getting VE's! I haven't had one, either, at least not that I remember. (The docs did so much stuff in the early weeks, I may have had one and forgot. I was certainly getting vaginal ultrasounds then.) I know exactly what you mean about the house not being ready... mine is a total mess, STUFF everywhere, NOTHING is ready, not a single room. Even my car is a disaster. I have to work through this next week, then I'm on vacation (hoping to go straight from vacation time to maternity leave). I'm really hoping to hold this baby in through then, so that I get at least a couple of days to myself to get everything ready beforehand!

Edit: Forgot to say that I really think the baby has either turned, or dropped, or both. Suddenly feeling less "out" and more "down", and I feel more comfortable, except when sitting down, when I can feel all of this pressure and hardness, like I'm squishing the baby's head. (Not really a good feeling!) Peeing is almost back to normal, like the baby got up off my bladder somewhat. So I think that he or she may have gotten into a better position than before, for whatever that's worth.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

Old 05-17-2009, 08:38 PM

Mara- I am not sure that a loss of appetite is a sign of labor but it has been for me. It could be that the babies are still so high and feel so big. I am sooo ready.

Thanks all, I am pretty excited about the length of baking time. I am hoping for no stay in the nicu. Chances are pretty good for them.

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
Old 05-27-2009, 12:43 PM

36 Weeks:

Up 36 Pounds :x!
Baby's HB: 148
Cervix 50% Effaced
(did not check dilation...midwife only did a very gentle exam)
Baby's Head is TOTALLY engaged
I have a "ROOMY" pelvis, according to my midwife--best news I've heard all day!

"You're definitely going to be able to be a home-birther" --quoted from my midwife
Old 05-27-2009, 06:49 PM

37 weeks 5 days today. At my checkup today I was:

2 cm dilated
100% effacement
0 Station

I believe I have been losing my plug over the past week. Lots of yellowish mucus and a streak of blood yesterday. Today after the exam, a small clump of white solid mucus with blood on the end came out in the toilet (sorry so graphic). I have a lot of cramping but tend to feel great one minute and horrible if I sit around. So I better get off this computer! Looks like it shouldn't be long now! Happy because it looks great for a VBAC-the head is DOWN!!!! :

Age 37. SAHM to 2 girls, 8/06 Breech C-Section and 5/09 VBAC. Angel at 5 weeks 7/11. Expecting 8/11/12!

Old 05-28-2009, 04:47 PM

I am wondering about something.

I have always felt baby kicking on my right and you can clearly feel his body on my left and his head is WAY down. Cervix thinning out and starting to dilate and all. I think I am about 2cm and 75% effaced and baby is WAY down there.

So, today I could not feel baby moving. So I started poking and prodding. He has turned. His back is now in the front I think and i guess his legs and arms must be facing back, cuz i can not feel them anywhere. All I can feel is the body now. Isn't that how they "get lined up" to get ready to come out? I have also lost my mucus plug and have been having nightly contractions ALL NIGHT LONG for the past 3 days.

I hate all of this, when-will-it-be crap. My doula is my SIL who is 7 hours away! So I have to get them rolling as soon as I think "this is it". I really want her to be here.

Anyone have any input here. THanks.

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
Old 05-28-2009, 05:17 PM

Mine turned to face backwards about a week ago and the movement I can feel now is totally different, so for me it hasn't meant anything, but combined with your other symptoms it sounds promising!
I started having some light cramping late yesterday afternoon, and it's continued off and on all day today. : that something is actually happening. My Husband has the rest of this week and probably next week off before he starts a new job, so it would be fantastic if the baby came while he was still home. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, though as I know first babies are usually late.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

Old 05-28-2009, 05:56 PM

mine turned to face backwards during my 'false labor' on Sat night, but is now back to feet on one side, back on the other. I'm happy to know though that when the time comes for real he/she seems to know which way to turn

I do think the babe is a bit more back forwards than before though, since I can feel legs like before but not as much and not as often.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

User Tag List