Baby Watch '09 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-28-2009, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had my 36 week appt today. Everything looks good, blood pressure is 100/60- I'm measuring a bit small- 34 weeks. I've gained 3 pounds in 3 weeks though so I'm now up 16 pounds this pregnancy. The midwife estimated the baby to be around 6 pounds now, and thinks he/she will likely be around the same weight as my son (8.9) at birth. We'll see! Oh, babe is still vertex, great position, and not too low despite all my recent rectal pressure. I got tested for GBS but told her I plan to refuse the abx if I test positive.

So pretty uneventful visit, but I feel good so that's cool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2009, 08:15 PM

Had my 39 1/2 week appointment today. Everything is fine. Measuring small, but I always do. In fact, I am smaller than last week, so I guess the baby has dropped, though I don't understand how she could get lower. I declined a vaginal exam, because the MW said it would not indicate anything, as she is certain I am probably at least a couple cm dilated, but that doesn't tell us anything.

I am pretty much just waiting for something exciting to happen. Could be tomorrow, could be in 2 weeks.

I am toying with the idea of asking for a membrane "sweep" if I make it to my next appointment (40 1/2 week). Anyone have opinions on this?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:53 AM

38w 6d today. Baby is engaged and head down, 1-2 cm dilated and starting to soften/thin. But MW and I both hope baby waits at least 3 more days if not bit more until I get rid of this eye infection!

Happy mama to DD (8-11-05) and DS (6-5-09) and married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:10 PM

I had my membranes "stripped" at 37w5d last time. I was 3-4cm and had 3 weeks of really bad prodromal labor. It caused me to go into labor within 2 days. So if you need to have it done, get it done. I do not regret it one bit.

If I go to 40 weeks this time, I will ask for it again.

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
Old 05-29-2009, 08:58 PM

I was going to have my membranes sweeped yesterday at my 39 week appt, but I was not dilated enough. It was really disappointing because I've been having so many contractions and for sure thought I'd be a little dilated. I was barely a fingertip. My due date is Monday and I don't think I'm going to have my baby before then. I'm so ready.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl

User Tag List