June 09 Homebirthing Tribe for May! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 140 Old 06-08-2009, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honestly, I haven't been visualizing my labor too much - it went too fast last time for me to have any idea what to expect/hope for this time. I'd better start daydreaming . . .

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
#122 of 140 Old 06-12-2009, 04:16 AM

Bumping - is anyone still left?

Q: What does it mean to "make the bed?" Do you just put your plastic sheet under your fitted sheet?

#123 of 140 Old 06-12-2009, 08:14 AM

I'm still here: 40w 5d now.

Make your bed with a fitted and flat sheet, then put your plastic sheet on top of that, then put another set of sheets on top of the plastic sheet. This way your bed will be protected from fluids during the birth, then you (well, your MWs and/or dh) can just strip off the top sheets and the plastic sheet and you have a nice freshly made bed to climb into post birth.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#124 of 140 Old 06-12-2009, 09:06 AM

Still here. Hanging around.......waiting. I am just really excited. My babe is SO low. I feel like, once labor starts, he will have no choice but to fall out.

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
#125 of 140 Old 06-12-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippimama View Post
Still here. Hanging around.......waiting. I am just really excited. My babe is SO low. I feel like, once labor starts, he will have no choice but to fall out.
My little one's head is really low too. I never felt my other kids drop- this one, it would have been hard to miss

I am 39wks 5d (really, when did that happen?!) and waiting as patiently as possible. I am still pretty comfortable physically, so that makes things better. Now that I have decided not to read into every practice contraction (and there are plenty), I am feeling better mentally. I realized that obsessing over whether that was the contraction that would start things wasn't going to make things happen so I might as well not torture myself. Just trying to rest as much as possible and keep things tidy.

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

#126 of 140 Old 06-12-2009, 10:53 AM

Still here. 40w4d today and trying to not go stir crazy.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#127 of 140 Old 06-13-2009, 05:54 AM

Got this from another thread. Am I supposed to get the MW a gift? What kind of stuff should I get? I have no idea.

#128 of 140 Old 06-13-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akichan View Post
Got this from another thread. Am I supposed to get the MW a gift? What kind of stuff should I get? I have no idea.
I am. I don't know if it's the general practice or not, but I wanted to do something nice for mine. I'm embroidering a canvas tote with the group logos for each of them and I think I'm going to make a platter of homemade cookies and candy to give them, too. Nothing big or spectacular, just a little thing.
#129 of 140 Old 06-13-2009, 03:05 PM

A friend of mine put together a book of pictures from the birth, the birth story and a thank you letter. I think she also included a $25 restaurant GC. I have no idea what to get for my mw.

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#130 of 140 Old 06-13-2009, 03:44 PM

I am making one of these and going to do something else. My MW gardens, so something related to that. She's pretty practical, so not anything knick-knacky or woo-woo.

I'm 41 weeks, 6 days today.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#131 of 140 Old 06-13-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Still here. 40w4d today and trying to not go stir crazy.
I'm 41w and 6d--and tired of nesting. But fortunately not miserable.

#132 of 140 Old 06-13-2009, 08:01 PM

I had a peaceful homebirth, laboring on my own (with my kids) for about 5-6 hours of contractions starting at 8ish on Tuesday morning (the 9th). The whole time, the contractions were down at the bottom of my belly and felt like cramps, starting off very light and eventually being quite intense.

Dh arrived home about 1 hour before our son was born, and was able to help me in the last part of labor - the end of transition and the birth.

We birthed the baby ourselves, 5 minutes before the midwives arrived. After about 30 minutes of very strong contractions, the end was calm.
I was in the tub and could reach down and feel his little head coming out, then his ear was out, and finally he emerged completely (probably took 4 contractions) and I brought him up into the world. It was wonderful.

We are all doing great.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Andee

(btw. I did not do anything about the GBS+, I had been eating more garlic and probiotics and at about week 38 did 4 days of the garlic clove vaginally. We are keeping an eye on him, and keeping him warm). He isn't officially named, but it looks like he's going to be Bruce River ...
#133 of 140 Old 06-13-2009, 08:18 PM

Congrats One Love! : What a beautiful birth!

My sister in law had her baby today (on my due date ) at 41 weeks, 3 days, so I'm now an Aunt! : We probably won't see her until Christmas as they live in Nova Scotia, but I'm eagerly awaiting pictures.

I'm hoping our baby takes this as a hint and makes his or her arrival soon. Wednesday or Thursday, after I get my next GBS results back would be great.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#134 of 140 Old 06-13-2009, 09:11 PM

Onelove - what a fantastic story! Congrats!! I love River as a name...

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#135 of 140 Old 06-13-2009, 09:37 PM

Still here, 41+3 days. Or 2 days. I can't remember. I have everything ready and am just trying stay occupied so I don't go CRRAzzy!
#136 of 140 Old 06-22-2009, 09:42 PM

(This is my first homebirth...) So are the rest of you - or rather, the rest of you who are STILL PREGNANT :P - trying to keep your house tidy like I am?? I keep thinking "Oh I have to clean the bathroom AGAIN... I dont' want it to be yucky when I go into labor".. and such. : I have a feeling that when the first contractions hit I will be frantically picking up DS's toys... though I'm sure I won't care when I'm actually in the throws of labor, but still... right now it seems important.

Amanda , mama to my two boys: N (10/06) and : A (7/09)
#137 of 140 Old 06-22-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaleigh37 View Post
(This is my first homebirth...) So are the rest of you - or rather, the rest of you who are STILL PREGNANT :P - trying to keep your house tidy like I am?? I keep thinking "Oh I have to clean the bathroom AGAIN... I dont' want it to be yucky when I go into labor".. and such. : I have a feeling that when the first contractions hit I will be frantically picking up DS's toys... though I'm sure I won't care when I'm actually in the throws of labor, but still... right now it seems important.
Yes! I keep thinking, "Ugh, I do NOT want that mess there if I go in to labor and I am soooo not cleaning up the house while in the throes." I clean the bathroom every time I take a shower. Dh was teasing me last night because I took a shower and then he got in and as soon as he turned the water off I was scrubbing the inside of the tub, before he was even out. He said, "I've heard of nesting, but this is pushing it." It was nearly 2am at the time, so he's probably right...

I gave up trying to keep the floor shiny though. I was sweeping several times per day, and mopping, too. It was getting too painful, so now I sweep once per day, mop every other day and Dh promised to help with a quick sweep and mop once labor actually starts.

Now if I could just get the kids to stop dragging all of their toys in to my bedroom...
#138 of 140 Old 06-23-2009, 12:20 AM

YUP! I was just telling my mom about this yesterday. She cleaned my house, vacuumed, even did both bathrooms about 2 weeks ago, but now I feel like they all have to be done again . . . .

40w 3d and MW says the baby is in perfect position. I'm 90% effaced and 4 cm so she's not going to do anything to help push labor along unless I ask.

#139 of 140 Old 06-23-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akichan View Post
40w 3d and MW says the baby is in perfect position. I'm 90% effaced and 4 cm so she's not going to do anything to help push labor along unless I ask.
We share a due date But I am not even a tiny bit dilated or effaced yet. Baby is hanging out high and tight.
#140 of 140 Old 06-24-2009, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaleigh37 View Post
I had an hour of regular ctx before I was even sure, so you may have time and putzing around keeps you busy during early labour. Just don't wear yourself out. Altho' washing the tub at 2 am is funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessielove View Post
We share a due date But I am not even a tiny bit dilated or effaced yet. Baby is hanging out high and tight.
Mine was high and dropped and all over before she came. I had one VE and that was when I was complete.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page