Insane Day - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-20-2009, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So we move tomorrow (I'll be 37w 5d) and luckily DH's company is paying for our move and for the movers to pack. So today there are 4 movers/packers invading my house and packing everything except all the stuff I set aside that we might need next couple days (food, clothes, toiletries, etc). Even though they are taking care of it, it's totally stressful feeling! Luckily DD is at preschool until 12 so that helps some. Then tomorrow the movers come back at 9am to move us out of here!

I also have a doc appt tonight. Unfortunately, my MW is out this week (I have a combo CNM/OB team) and the doctor I'm seeing is my least favorite. And known for giving pretty hard internals. I refuse to take my pants off - I need this baby to stay in at least another week and I'm already rather low, feel the head in my pelvis at times and plenty of head butting at times in my cervix.

Thursday night I plan to take a long warm bath in epsom salt water (scented with lavender) and have half a glass of wine to relax - the townhouse we are renting while we look to buy has an AWESOME deep tub.

Happy mama to DD (8-11-05) and DS (6-5-09) and married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2009, 11:26 AM

I can't imagine moving right now!!! You are wonderwoman in my book

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Old 05-20-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamane18 View Post
And known for giving pretty hard internals.
I think this might be the worst part of your whole post! Ew, ew, ew. Keep your pants on for sure!

Good luck with the move! I can't imagine nesting AND moving all at once - what a combo!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:37 PM

Good luck and take it easy! Not to scare you, but my sister just did the same thing at 36 weeks, they were moving across the country though (CA to MN) and her water broke in the middle of Nevada! She made it to my house in Utah and gave birth at a local hospital here with midwives, but I had some unexpected house guests for 3 weeks, lol! It was wild but fun!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

Old 05-20-2009, 01:18 PM

Kamane,
Good luck with the move and keeping your bun in the oven!

notyetamommy,
That is a wild and awesome story. What an adventure!

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

Old 05-20-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamane18 View Post
the doctor I'm seeing is my least favorite. And known for giving pretty hard internals.
I agree with the pp--this is awful!! What a thing to be known for I'm kinda creeped out now...

Good luck with the move--it will be over soon!

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

Old 05-20-2009, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyetamommy View Post
Good luck and take it easy! Not to scare you, but my sister just did the same thing at 36 weeks, they were moving across the country though (CA to MN) and her water broke in the middle of Nevada! She made it to my house in Utah and gave birth at a local hospital here with midwives, but I had some unexpected house guests for 3 weeks, lol! It was wild but fun!
WOW!

So stressed but trying to hang in there - while I was gone for an hour before picking up DD at preschool one of the packers/movers for some reason decided to "help" and instead of just leaving the four dishes I had in the sink or hand washing them she put them in my dishwasher (including one pot that is not dish wash safe) and put in PALMOLIVE instead of detergent for the machine. So I get home and hear my dishwasher running and then see bubbles starting to pour out of the machine. And when I opened it, bubbles came pouring out everywhere. Hoping it all cleans up/works ok since the buyer is coming through the walk through probably next week.

Exhausted.

And DEFINITELY keeping my pants on tonight LOL

Happy mama to DD (8-11-05) and DS (6-5-09) and married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Ended up canceling my appointment for tonight. Was way too stressful. Is that bad? I figure my pee checks and BP have been good all along, as has the HB and wasn't going to let them do an internal anyway...

Can't wait to get DD to bed, clean a little, take a bath and pass out...

User Tag List