****Spotlight on Storm Bride***** - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-20-2009, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When are you due??
Are you choosing to find out the sex or have a surprise??
Is this your first child??
Where are you from??
Do you have any hobbies??
If you could pick one place to travel where would you go??
Tell us something unique about yourself.

dreads.gif  ribbonyellow.gif Proud Army Wife to DH ribbonyellow.gif  mama to one busy boy blahblah.gif and his dog2.gif  
#2 of 4 Old 05-20-2009, 03:56 PM

When are you due??
EDD is June 28th, but I'm having a scheduled c-section on June 26th...unless I go into labour early. :

Quote:
Are you choosing to find out the sex or have a surprise??
A surprise. I've never wanted to know. DD would like a sister, and I hope she gets one, but I don't care, either way.

Quote:
Is this your first child??
This is my fifth. I have three living children (one daughter and two sons) and an angel baby boy (stillborn - November 7/07). This is also my last.

Quote:
Where are you from??
North Vancouver, BC. I was born and raised here, as was my mom, and my maternal grandfather.

Quote:
Do you have any hobbies??
Reading - mostly science fiction and fantasy.
Music - I listen mostly to classic heavy metal, with a few other things thrown in, and I sing in a Broadway choir.
Misc...I like to hike, camp, go for walks in the rain, and I occasionally write some poetry.

Quote:
If you could pick one place to travel where would you go??
hmm...I've never been all that interested in travel, honestly. I'd probably go to England, because I have a lot of online friends there (and might try to trace my late grandmother's family, just for fun). Maybe Germany, because dh likes it there. Or, maybe Scandinavia - Sweden, because an old school friend lives there, and Norway, because my dad's background is Norweigan (he was adopted - might be fun to see if I could trace my relatives).

Quote:
Tell us something unique about yourself.
I actually think I'm a pretty boring person. I met dh online (accidentally - not through personals), but that's far from unique these days!

A personal history footnote - I was voted "Most Likely to Become a Hell's Angel" by my high school grad class.
Two physical quirks - My feet are half as wide as they are long, and I can wiggle my ears.

I can't really think of anything else right now...

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#3 of 4 Old 05-21-2009, 05:16 PM

Do you have everything you want for baby?

Do you have any names picked out?

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#4 of 4 Old 05-21-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Do you have everything you want for baby?
I want an Ergo and some more toddler-sized cloth diapers. (After we lost Aaron, we completely forgot about a pail of them that had been soaking when I went into labour. We ended up having to throw out the whole pail. ) Those can both wait a few months, though. The only thing I want now is a sling, but I'm not sure what kind...

Quote:
Do you have any names picked out?
If it's a girl, it will probably be Jenna Marie, unless something else pops into our heads before then.

If it's a boy, it will probably be nameless until puberty. DH and I have a really hard time agreeing on boy's names, and we've already had to name two!

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page