I Can't stop - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-21-2009, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning mommas! I'm usually a lerker and decided it's time to finally introduce myself!! My little girl is due June 26th!
So, heres my problem! I CANT stop sleeping on my back!!! I fall asleep on my side but ALWAYS wake on my back! I've talked to my MW and she said not to worry about it but its freaking my out!! Does enyone else sleep on their back this far along? Am I harming the baby?? Any input please, it's freaking me out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 05-21-2009, 12:34 PM

I've been waking up on my back again lately. Just trust in your body. IMO you wouldnt naturally do it in your sleep if it was harming your baby.

Kim, wife to my best friend and high school sweetheart. :
Mom to DD1 (2/06) : and DD2 (6/09) :
#3 of 9 Old 05-21-2009, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My mw says when enough is enough you will wake up. And obviously switch positions. Do you have a big pillow to put behind your back? That helps, imo.

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

#4 of 9 Old 05-21-2009, 01:00 PM

Did it last time and still doing it now. I fall asleep on my side - wake up on my back. Your body knows what's up and will wake you if need be.

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#5 of 9 Old 05-21-2009, 05:04 PM

Last time I was comfortable on my back the whole way through. This time I haven't been able to since about 6 months. I think it really depends on the woman and on the way the baby is carrying. But like the others said, there's no danger. Your body will tell you when it isn't a workable position anymore.

PS: Welcome!

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#6 of 9 Old 05-21-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber View Post
Last time I was comfortable on my back the whole way through. This time I haven't been able to since about 6 months. I think it really depends on the woman and on the way the baby is carrying. But like the others said, there's no danger. Your body will tell you when it isn't a workable position anymore.
This was me. My first pregnancy, I could do it all the way through and it didn't bother me in the slightest. With all my subsequent pregnancies, I couldn't do it the last few months. I feel like I can't breathe. I would just switch positions and don't worry about it too much

Welcome to the forums! Stick around

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

#7 of 9 Old 05-21-2009, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
If blood flow gets cut off, it'll affect you before the baby, so you'll wake up and move. But putting a pillow under your back so you're at a bit of an angle might give you the same sensation as back sleeping without the worry of cutting off the vena cava.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#8 of 9 Old 05-21-2009, 08:28 PM

Coming from someone who cannot sleep on their back. Firstly, I am jealous! Oh how I wish I could sleep on my baaaaaack! Secondly - if I do end up rolling onto my back in the night I wake up feeling very badly: the room is spinning, I'm dizzy, maybe nauseous, and kinda disoriented and I'm already in the process of trying to roll over (which is getting harder and harder these days).

Clinical Herbalist. Trained but never certified, licensed, or registered as a midwife.
07/10/09
#9 of 9 Old 05-21-2009, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the helpful responses! I feel fine when I wake up, no dizziness or anything so then I started to wonder if maybe I just wasn't affected by it?! I've tried everything to keep myself from rolling onto my back, even sleeping on the couch so I didnt have enough room to roll. STILL end up on my back!:
I feel much better about it now!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page