hiccups and position? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 05-22-2009, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where are you feeling your babies hiccups and what position are they in?

Kim, wife to my best friend and high school sweetheart. :
Mom to DD1 (2/06) : and DD2 (6/09) :
#2 of 23 Old 05-22-2009, 02:15 AM

Right now I feel my baby hiccup down low, lower than my belly button. She's head down (engaged) but I'm not sure how she's facing, I think she's facing my rear because along my left side is her back I think, she arches it.

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

#3 of 23 Old 05-22-2009, 02:20 AM

Also down very low, below my belly button. I feel more movement on the right side which is odd since my midwife said that he is facing to my left and his back is towards my right.

He has them 2-3x a day.

Mother of two boys and a stork-boy.gif on the way!

#4 of 23 Old 05-22-2009, 07:49 AM

Yep, way down low.

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#5 of 23 Old 05-22-2009, 08:17 AM

I feel his hiccups low in my belly and as of today's midwife visit, he's on his side, head down. His spine is along my left abdomen.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#6 of 23 Old 05-22-2009, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

I used to have hiccups down by my pelvic bone on the left. She was vertex then.
But just yesterday I had them way up to the right of my belly button.
Why at 35 weeks does she have to turn transverse/breech?

#7 of 23 Old 05-22-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieHugger View Post
I used to have hiccups down by my pelvic bone on the left. She was vertex then.
But just yesterday I had them way up to the right of my belly button.
Why at 35 weeks does she have to turn transverse/breech?
Mine's doing the same thing. I keep telling him it would be so sweet of him to get in position & stay there for mommy's peace of mind, I'm just not sure he's listening.

Sahm to 2 girls (17 & 15)& Cody (7/09).
#8 of 23 Old 05-22-2009, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Very few hiccups. Head down and dropping a bit. Spine on my right and feet out to the left. Perfect for labor, . ehem, Baby...

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

#9 of 23 Old 05-22-2009, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Right now, kind of top and bottom, right in the middle. Baby flipped from ROA to OA Wednesday, so his whole back is right there in the middle.

When he was ROA, I actually felt them up high, even though he's head down. Sometimes I'd feel them down low. But usually I felt (and saw) his butt bumping up top. That scared me the first time I felt it, but then I googled and found that hiccup location really doesn't tell you anything because their whole body shakes, so you can feel them pretty much anywhere and still have a vertex baby.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#10 of 23 Old 05-22-2009, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boscopup View Post
hiccup location really doesn't tell you anything because their whole body shakes, so you can feel them pretty much anywhere and still have a vertex baby.
I wish/hope that was true. Her hiccups have always been very localized. Its only about 1-2 inches of space that I feel the hiccupping yk? I don't feel it everywhere. I'm thinking that the hiccup movement is around her throat/upper chest area though. So it kinda freaked me out that it was so high.
A little background, on Wed I went to the chiro and she had moved from vertex to transverse. I was hoping that after the adjustment she would go back vertex, and she did, but then went back to transverse, then last night almost breech as far as I can tell.
Speaking of which, she has the hiccups now. And I believe she is in a semi transverse/breech position. Luckily the hiccups are a bit lower then last night. I need some head down baby vibes.

#11 of 23 Old 05-22-2009, 04:23 PM

Lay on your back and feel for body parts. Also pay attention to where you feel regular movements - kicks and punches. The kicks will be harder than the punches.

I would NOT go by hiccups at all. Use other signs to determine position.

The fact that your baby has been vertex says to me that it's likely to get vertex again. Obviously the baby still has plenty of room to flip if it's flipping as much as it is, ya know?

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#12 of 23 Old 05-22-2009, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much Vera! I think you are right. I was just checking out the belly mapping on spinningbabies, and she just may be ROA! Atleast I'm hoping thats her position. But you are right, she is still moving around a ton, so today's position doesnt even matter really. I'm just being paranoid and controlling. Two characteristics I'm trying to work on.

#13 of 23 Old 05-23-2009, 09:47 AM

ROA is good!

When this one was ROA, I could feel the head down low, the butt in the upper right quadrant (just slightly off center), and a foot in the upper left quadrant, and could kind of feel the foot being attached to the butt via a leg. It was that butt that made all the big hiccup movements. Very weird!

On Wednesday, he flipped to OA. I felt his butt whoosh from the right side to the left while I was in the shower. Very weird feeling! I laid on my back afterwards, and sure enough, he's right there in the middle, facing my back now. So I don't feel much in the way of kicks and punches anymore. Just big head/back/butt bumps. I'll occasionally get a little hand or something on the sides. And now I get the hiccups kind of top and bottom - like I can feel the whole baby bumping, since his whole back is to the front.

#14 of 23 Old 05-23-2009, 01:20 PM

I haven' read the other rplies, but I feel the hiccups very low on the left side of my pubic bone. The baby is head down facing my right side, So I guess that I feel the huccups where the upper back and shoulders are?
The position was confirmed by ultrasound a couple of weeks ago.
#15 of 23 Old 05-23-2009, 01:29 PM

Actually was just commenting to DH yesterday how I never feel this one hiccup. Felt DD hiccuping in there ALL the time!

Happy mama to DD (8-11-05) and DS (6-5-09) and married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01.
#16 of 23 Old 05-24-2009, 02:16 PM

Hehe this lo is just not staying in one spot, I was just noticing I can see the hiccups to the right of my belly button

#17 of 23 Old 05-25-2009, 02:17 PM

Soda 7's hiccups are always on the left side sort of in the middle. Her head's down, though. Feeling her get hiccups is one of my favorite parts of pregnancy

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#18 of 23 Old 05-26-2009, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Today she is LOA.
I've been trying to sleep on my left more to make a little hammock for her. It seemed to work.
I'm getting kicks in the ribs and punches in the cervix. :P
Her hiccups are few and far between these days though. Which is probably a good thing, cause then I dont have an extra thing to be paranoid about.

#19 of 23 Old 05-26-2009, 08:08 PM

I've been trying to map the position of this little guy but I can not get it for the life of me. I'm wondering if he is back up since my belly is really square all of a sudden. Except last night I felt hiccups and they were to the right of my belly button, and today I've been getting kicks but all in front up high.

?? He seems to have so much room still, I can't believe I'm nearly 39 weeks and he has that much room to move? Either that or I am sadly very clueless! It's so strange though because BOTH sides of my belly feel solid as if there is a back there?

I'm lost.

Erin sharing life with a burly husband and two rad boys 7/06 & 5/09 : : Zone 9-ish
#20 of 23 Old 05-26-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinz View Post
I've been trying to map the position of this little guy but I can not get it for the life of me. I'm wondering if he is back up since my belly is really square all of a sudden. Except last night I felt hiccups and they were to the right of my belly button, and today I've been getting kicks but all in front up high.

?? He seems to have so much room still, I can't believe I'm nearly 39 weeks and he has that much room to move? Either that or I am sadly very clueless! It's so strange though because BOTH sides of my belly feel solid as if there is a back there?

I'm lost.
I'm lost with you. The only thing I 'might' have figured out is that my lo wasn't head down at the dr's, they had to go real high & to the left to get a good heartbeat on him. He does seem to be all over though, I read a few weeks ago they were supposed to be running out of room to move..

#21 of 23 Old 05-27-2009, 12:20 AM

I can't figure out the position of the baby, BUT I do know he is very low, head down with his feet on my right side. I only know this for sure because i had an u/s today.

But his hiccups are really high. Like I am only feeling his feet jerk during the hiccups.
#22 of 23 Old 05-27-2009, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrogger View Post
I can't figure out the position of the baby, BUT I do know he is very low, head down with his feet on my right side. I only know this for sure because i had an u/s today.

But his hiccups are really high. Like I am only feeling his feet jerk during the hiccups.
So with his feet on your right and butt on the left, does it feel like two huge mounds? I'm just trying to get a handle on what I'm feeling, it's so hard!

Erin sharing life with a burly husband and two rad boys 7/06 & 5/09 : : Zone 9-ish
#23 of 23 Old 05-27-2009, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinz View Post
So with his feet on your right and butt on the left, does it feel like two huge mounds? I'm just trying to get a handle on what I'm feeling, it's so hard!
not really, I have so much extra weight and he has dropped so much, I don't even really look that pg anymore and it isn't hard at all unless I have a contraction. It looks really weird.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page