Grouchy me.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-26-2009, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm such a grouch this week, I hope the next 4 weeks or so aren't going to be this way or I'll have to seal myself in my bedroom to save my family & pets from it. I just want everyone & everything to go away & quit 'needing' me for a while.

Maybe it's the lack of sleep? I've been unable to sleep at night for 48 hours now, I can maybe catch an hour of nap during the day but that's it.

Here's hoping the sandman dumps a few bags on me tonight & it cures my thoughts of smashing people with a wiffle bat. I'm so not like this usually

Sahm to 2 girls (17 & 15)& Cody (7/09).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 05-26-2009, 02:57 PM

Aww! Hugs mama! Here's sending you some sleepy vibes and hoping you get a good night's rest tonight!

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#3 of 12 Old 05-26-2009, 04:34 PM

I'm a grouch, too. I've been telling my kids it's pretty normal, though--don't cats and dogs get grouchy towards delivery? We went on a tour of a horse breeding farm last week and the leader told us the mares get cranky in the last few weeks. My boys looked at me and said "just like our mom!"

I had told them that some animals will bite or kick when they're almost about to have a baby. So I keep reminding them I'm doing my best not to bite or kick, but that they need to help me out It's tempting.....

I've been like this for several weeks at least. I can feel it, I just have no patience for some things, and I don't feel like myself. I told my dh I hope I go back to normal after the baby's born.

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#4 of 12 Old 05-26-2009, 04:40 PM

I am super cranky. I almost cried today when my OB did a quick u/s and found that there is NOTHING wrong with my baby or with me. I was hoping and praying something like really low amniotic fluid would show up. I was hoping he would rush me to the hospital to get this kid out. But NOPE, my bp was perfect, baby looks wonderful, everything is wonderful yet I am just feeling horrible.
#5 of 12 Old 05-26-2009, 05:41 PM

"I had told them that some animals will bite or kick when they're almost about to have a baby. So I keep reminding them I'm doing my best not to bite or kick, but that they need to help me out "

:
#6 of 12 Old 05-26-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonuptosondown View Post

I had told them that some animals will bite or kick when they're almost about to have a baby. So I keep reminding them I'm doing my best not to bite or kick, but that they need to help me out It's tempting.....
I love this!!

I've been pretty grouchy with DH but mostly okay with everyone else. It seems that everything he does irritates me at the moment and it can't be ALL his fault, right? Poor guy.

I've actually been VERY patient with my son, and even managed to get him 100% out of diapers and into underwear all in a day's time. Amazing for a kid who has NEVER used the toilet in his life, EVER, until Sunday :
#7 of 12 Old 05-26-2009, 06:24 PM

That's why I'm downstairs on the computer and my children are upstairs. My poor 6 year old is staying far, far away from me this afternoon. Poor children.
#8 of 12 Old 05-26-2009, 06:36 PM

I feel uber grouchy today too! Everything, even simple, no big deal stuff is getting under my skin. I hate being at work as well and CAN NOT wait to get home this afternoon and put my feet up. I'm even groucy with my chair because it is hurting my back. Then I got grouchy because I didn't take time off before the baby comes and I just want to go home and nest. Waaaaaahhh, we'll be grouchy together (unless that makes you grouchy too )
#9 of 12 Old 05-26-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post
I've actually been VERY patient with my son, and even managed to get him 100% out of diapers and into underwear all in a day's time. Amazing for a kid who has NEVER used the toilet in his life, EVER, until Sunday :
Wow. DH of the year award!

Also, I OP, who doesn't love wiffle bats?
#10 of 12 Old 05-26-2009, 08:14 PM

You should have seen me in traffic today. Not pretty.

Super grouchy too :

Erin sharing life with a burly husband and two rad boys 7/06 & 5/09 : : Zone 9-ish
#11 of 12 Old 05-26-2009, 09:00 PM

Oh, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but you're likely to be grouchy for the next while. I've been grouchy since about week 32. My poor DH. My poor DD. Heck, my poor mother in-law. Everyone's been at the receiving end of my snappy ways lately.

The last month is a hard, hard time to get through.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#12 of 12 Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlePisces View Post
I feel uber grouchy today too! Everything, even simple, no big deal stuff is getting under my skin. I hate being at work as well and CAN NOT wait to get home this afternoon and put my feet up. I'm even groucy with my chair because it is hurting my back. Then I got grouchy because I didn't take time off before the baby comes and I just want to go home and nest. Waaaaaahhh, we'll be grouchy together (unless that makes you grouchy too )
Lol no it doesn't make me grouchy too, it does make me feel a lot more human though

Currently I'm trying to figure out a way to use my laptop in my bedroom so I can just hibernate & spare the family from my el groucho ways for awhile, here's hoping anyway.

Sorry for everyone being grouchy but I'm glad it's not just me either.

Sahm to 2 girls (17 & 15)& Cody (7/09).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page