"My baby knows how and when to be born... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 18 Old 05-29-2009, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...and I will be patient. My baby knows how and when to be born and I will be patient. My baby knows how and when to be born..."

I think my subconscious has been resisting this one. Or maybe it's my aching hip and back? Ha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 05-29-2009, 10:51 AM

Having one of those kind of days!!?? It is kind of a comforting little phrase...wonder how many times you have to repeat it for it to sink in. In all honesty I'm still doing pretty good...must mean my baby is planning to keep cooking for awhile, hang in there mama !

Shawna- wife to DH, mother to DD (6-2009)
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****heartbeat.gif
#3 of 18 Old 05-29-2009, 10:54 AM

I'm having trouble with this, too.
I like that mantra!

#4 of 18 Old 05-29-2009, 11:11 AM

I was talking with my midwife friend the other day. I was explaining to her that I go in and out of being at peace with the waiting. Sometimes I am ok with the fact that I am not due for another couple of weeks and that it might be longer than that. And sometimes (like when I hear about another Mom here having her baby or after a restless nights sleep ) I just want her out. I told her I figured the baby would come when I felt like I wanted her out more often than not

And I am just soaking this in. I get anxious to see her and then I remember they are more work out than in

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

#5 of 18 Old 05-29-2009, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

It's from Hypnobabies. I don't think I would have come up with it on my own! Another one I like is "Babies are born on their birthdays, not when doctors decide." I guess I should add "or mommies."

On a side note, my prenatal appt before last, my midwife was running really late and I didn't see her until an HOUR after my appt. She kept saying "Thanks for being patient!" I just didn't say anything, because I HADN'T been patient AT ALL!! I had been whining and complaining and grouchy (at least in my head) and I had sent my husband back to work. It had been the first one he'd been to in months and I was really happy that he'd been able to come. And then I had to send him back because it was taking so long.
#6 of 18 Old 05-29-2009, 11:13 AM

That was my favorite "affirmation" last time! Today I'm on the opposite side though. I'm due 7/1 (but I figured I go early again so I lurk around here ) but I'm currently on the couch begging baby to stay put. I've been contracting all night and it's not looking good--I'm only 35w2d

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#7 of 18 Old 05-29-2009, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, I'm torn between physically wanting him out, but mentally being a bit freaked out about suddenly having a child! I read something the other day about talking to the baby and telling him it's okay to come out, everything's ready, etc. etc. I started doing that, but I think it just makes me feel better. I'm not sure he's really affected.
#8 of 18 Old 05-29-2009, 11:53 AM

I find some of the affirmations/phrases quite comforting and some, kind of make me laugh...for some reason having someone say "Peace" to me probably won't make me relax...it will probably make me laugh!

My chiropractor just recently had her baby and hearing him cry just made me smile because I thought, yippee, I will have one of those before too long...then I later think, yeah and it will be 24/7!!!

Shawna- wife to DH, mother to DD (6-2009)
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****heartbeat.gif
#9 of 18 Old 05-29-2009, 01:18 PM

I actually really like that! It is easier to believe for me, since I already had two, and they did indeed know how and when to come out--and it was 10 and 14 days after the little due date wheel said they should.

It is really hard to be patient some days, especially when so many people ask you when you are having the baby (I wish I knew!). Scheduled C-sections and inductions are so common that just waiting until the baby and your body are ready to go into labor is a surprise for some people.
#10 of 18 Old 05-29-2009, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I need to remember that bc while I have complete faith in my baby, it is my body I worry about. My first baby did his best, but I messed up. Planning for a VBAC is more work than I had imagined. It is all in my head bc I have a very supportive team, but it is still work.

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

#11 of 18 Old 05-29-2009, 04:36 PM

I am still in the excited phase but not annoyed phase where I think it's so cool that she will decide to come out whenever she is ready, like she's already this totally independent person with free thought even though she's still living in me.

I just tell myself that she can a. come out whenever as long as I am done with school and have seen my one Phish show--so she can come out any point after June 10. b. she can come out when her room and stuff's ready and when I have all my grades turned in and exams copied and room cleaned out (I teach high school). That also falls around June 10 or so.

She's due June 27, so I think she can honor the June 10 request. haha!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#12 of 18 Old 05-29-2009, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

That is a really awesome attitude, pearl2!
#13 of 18 Old 05-29-2009, 07:55 PM

I really need to write that down somewhere that I can see it all the time. I'm really getting discouraged!

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#14 of 18 Old 05-31-2009, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm only 38 weeks and I'm scouring the forums for that elusive-secret-magic tip that will make the baby come NOW!

I definitely need to some patience.

Mama to two little ones,

& one in heaven

#15 of 18 Old 05-31-2009, 02:17 PM

Thanks for this thread. I had regular contractions and was so frustrated that nothing progressed. After reading this thread I finally feel ready to let the baby decide when he wants to come and just realize that each day I have before that time is bonus time to 1) get more stuff done 2) spend quality time with my other three children and 3) learn that I can't control everything!

My body hurts but I know this kid won't stay in forever. At some point I will meet him and get to hold him and nurse him...but until that day comes life will go on and I will get through each day!!!
#16 of 18 Old 05-31-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post
Yes, I'm torn between physically wanting him out, but mentally being a bit freaked out about suddenly having a child! I read something the other day about talking to the baby and telling him it's okay to come out, everything's ready, etc. etc. I started doing that, but I think it just makes me feel better. I'm not sure he's really affected.
If it makes you feel better then he IS affected Your state of mind mentally and emotionally can effect your hormone levels, which in turn can stall up or stimulate labor.

I'm not ready for baby. I should be ready. I know what I'm doing with a newborn by now. Physically I have almost everything in place and am just down to the last minute couple of things which I keep putting off. I should be ready, but I don't feel ready. I'm so sick of being sick, so one would think that I would be anxious for it to be done now, but I'm content for Bun to stay inside for a lot longer still.
#17 of 18 Old 05-31-2009, 10:33 PM

[QUOTE=pearl2;13847670]I just tell myself that she can a. come out whenever as long as I am done with school and have seen my one Phish show--so she can come out any point after June 10.QUOTE]

OT but so jealous you have tickets to Knoxville! I was trying for Asheville since its within 2 hours of me and my EDD is 6.15 but it just wasn't meant to be. Have a great show!

As for being ready for baby, I am 38 weeks tomorrow and this will sound lame but I am just now getting my arms aroudn the idea that I am actually pg. We suffered for years with infertility and finally were successful with IVF with dd. Then didn't prevent for 19 cycles and thought for sure we'd have to do IVF again when bam! we got pg on our own. I still am in shock.

Beth, Mama to my two nurslings, DD 2.22.07 and DS 6.20.09 Worn, Intact, CD, Unvaxed, Born at Home!
#18 of 18 Old 06-01-2009, 08:11 AM

I guess that is a better mantra than, "You don't get any gifts if you don't come out soon".

Sewin earthlovin : Mama to my 8 yr old, 6 yr old and lil' baby : born 6/11/09.
:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page