Joining you over here - May DDC leftover. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-31-2009, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, it looks like no May baby for me. I felt like I got to know my May DDC buddies but since my baby will be in June, I'll have more in common over here, so here I am. Looking forward to looking around and getting to know everyone!

My name is Jen, this will be my third child, a boy. I have a DD8 who was born on time at 8 lbs 7 ounces and a DS6 who was 10 days late and 9 lbs 13 ounces. The current baby, I am told, is a bit 'posterior' or face-up and so he hasn't dropped and I may go really late because of that. I'm trying to be OK with this but I swear, I was looking great on May 28 and now 3 days later I am HUGE and my feet are swelling and nothing fits and my attitude is quickly going downhill!

Sewin earthlovin : Mama to my 8 yr old, 6 yr old and lil' baby : born 6/11/09.
:
#2 of 14 Old 05-31-2009, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Welcome! I hope your LO decides to come soon!! I can't imagine going overdue! Again- WELCOME!!!

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#3 of 14 Old 05-31-2009, 05:15 PM

Well, I am sorry you are here in that you went late, but welcome and I am glad you are here because it will be nice to have you here.
#4 of 14 Old 05-31-2009, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome! All the people popping out babies left and right are getting on my nerves....but whatever my mental health is deteriorating by the day: I got a bad cramp today and I really enjoyed the pain for the minute I hoped it was something.
#5 of 14 Old 05-31-2009, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyMama View Post
Welcome! All the people popping out babies left and right are getting on my nerves....but whatever my mental health is deteriorating by the day: I got a bad cramp today and I really enjoyed the pain for the minute I hoped it was something.
Sorry to change the subject of the thread, but PoppyMama- I am sending you labor vibes:, and I hope your baby comes right on time- and that your mental state is salvageable!!! These last weeks are rough!! 1 day feels like 4!!!

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#6 of 14 Old 05-31-2009, 07:04 PM

Welcome! I hope your little one decides to make an appearance soon.

Amanda , mama to my two boys: N (10/06) and : A (7/09)
#7 of 14 Old 06-01-2009, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaleigh37 View Post
Welcome! I hope your little one decides to make an appearance soon.
:

Sahm to 2 girls (17 & 15)& Cody (7/09).
#8 of 14 Old 06-01-2009, 01:39 AM

Aloha and welcome to the June board!!! I'm sorry you're having to move DDC but we are glad to have you!

I was secretly wishing for a May baby, LOL. Too late though LOL.

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

#9 of 14 Old 06-01-2009, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the nice welcome! And deteriorating mental state is not off topic for this thread! I am so happy for all the May mamas, but I admit, a few days ago I stopped reading the "baby arrived" threads because they were just making me feel sorry for myself!

My next appointment is June 3, I have a feeling I will be making that appointment with no trouble. Hopefully they'll strip membranes then and that will get things moving along. I am so ready!

Sewin earthlovin : Mama to my 8 yr old, 6 yr old and lil' baby : born 6/11/09.
:
#10 of 14 Old 06-01-2009, 11:53 AM

Welcome!! Hope you have your June baby soon!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#11 of 14 Old 06-01-2009, 12:18 PM

I hope you have your baby soon Jen!

I am due on the 3rd of June, but my first two babies were both about a week late. It's a bummer to be due at the beginning of the month too, since so many babies will be born before mine decides it's time to join us. (my first child was due July 1, so I feel like I am always on the edge of calender month).

Since my dd and ds were both a week late, when they gave me my due date, I just added 7 - so I figure by the 10th.
But, I still can't help but wish he would come early (in May!), or even on the edd! I don't want to get my hopes up though. Maybe baby will come out this next weekend, when I send dd and ds to grandma's house for the night.

Andee
#12 of 14 Old 06-02-2009, 02:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post
Sorry to change the subject of the thread, but PoppyMama- I am sending you labor vibes:, and I hope your baby comes right on time- and that your mental state is salvageable!!! These last weeks are rough!! 1 day feels like 4!!!
Thank you. I have never been such a whiney, weepy mess. I'm surprised my family hasn't buried me in the backyard yet.
#13 of 14 Old 06-02-2009, 11:03 AM

Welcome to the June DDC, we are glad to have you (even if you aren't happy to be here )! Hope your little one decides to make an appearance soon!

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

#14 of 14 Old 06-02-2009, 02:08 PM

Welcome mama! I know what it is like. Both of my previous babies came the month after they were due. With my first, I was the very last person to have my baby from my DDC.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page