She shifted - Mothering Forums

#1 of 15 Old 05-31-2009, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
So for almost 9 weeks baby has been head down, back along the left side of my belly, butt up, feet on my right. Well, it would appear she has changed positions, and I can't tell what is what! I really hope she is head down! Any tips for determining (sp?) position??

SAHM (32)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 Married to a bearded hunk (28) 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, DS
 11/00, DD
 06/09, two
 in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle

is due 12/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 05-31-2009, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, my baby did the same. I can still feel his head if I feel from the inside though. He is WAY down. But as far as feet and kicks, I am clueless. He must have turned to the back some. It is so weird how they move around in there huh.

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home
)
#3 of 15 Old 05-31-2009, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippimama View Post
Yeah, my baby did the same. I can still feel his head if I feel from the inside though. He is WAY down. But as far as feet and kicks, I am clueless. He must have turned to the back some. It is so weird how they move around in there huh.
Yeah! How the heck do they still have enough room?? I feel filled to the gills! I will have to see if I can still feel her head from inside, I hadn't thought of that- THANKS!!

SAHM (32)
, DS
 11/00, DD
 06/09, two

is due 12/14

#4 of 15 Old 05-31-2009, 06:23 PM

You can try spinningbabies.com They have some info on determining position. I was never able to figure things out from that though. Maybe you will have better luck!
#5 of 15 Old 05-31-2009, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

I can still feel her head from inside!! PHEW! :
Oh lord, how am I going to get through the rest of this? My anxiety is starting to kill me! I swear my doppler has become my best friend!

SAHM (32)
, DS
 11/00, DD
 06/09, two

is due 12/14
#6 of 15 Old 05-31-2009, 06:37 PM

I'm pretty sure mine is still head down, judging just by the pressure I feel. But she does sometimes shift from my left to my right side. She seems to prefer hanging on the left.

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

#7 of 15 Old 05-31-2009, 06:38 PM

My baby did that the other morning - I always check for movement when I roll over in the night/morning and I waited and waited and waited but there was no response from a usually very responsive baby! We spent an hour trying to get some sort of reaction but it turned out that he or she was just in a diff position - lower and with the butt in the middle (which also felt lower) so I wasn't feeling any kicks or pushes from the side like I usually do! The baby must have been sleeping so soundly b/c we really tried waking him up! After we finally felt movement, I got excited thinking that this baby had "dropped" but since then everything has returned to normal with a little butt on my left or right side and feet trying to push their way out of me on the other side...
#8 of 15 Old 05-31-2009, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Someone recently asked where the indicator light is... I WANNA KNOW TOO!
I feel like something is happening, though I'm not sure what. (TMI!) This morning when I got up I had a small gush, very watery discharge. Then I didn't get halfway through breakfast before having to go to the bathroom, loose of course, and my poor nose-hairs were curling! EEEW! Baby has changed positions and is acting diefferently, more active than usual, I am having contractions, though not with any sort of pattern, and every once in a while I get a tight feeling in the pit of my stomach (like excitement) and my heart starts racing. If I'm just psyching myself out, I'm going to be pretty disappointed!

SAHM (32)
, DS
 11/00, DD
 06/09, two

is due 12/14
#9 of 15 Old 05-31-2009, 06:45 PM

That is exciting! I hope something is happening for you and that you aren't psyching yourself out...I am trying not to do that these days but lucky for me I'm not having much to indicate that labor is anywhere near starting....
#10 of 15 Old 05-31-2009, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

I just looked in the mirror during a contraction and WOW! My belly looked weird! It goes from beach-ball to basket-ball! I feel almost like I have an adrenaline rush. I'm going to try to calm down and ignore it- and maybe speed up my sunday cleaning!

SAHM (32)
, DS
 11/00, DD
 06/09, two

is due 12/14
#11 of 15 Old 05-31-2009, 08:15 PM

Yes, we are very much in the same boat. I am kinda anxious about things getting started too. My doula/SIL lives 7 hours away. So I am trying to make sure they make it here in time for labor, not just the delivery or after that. It is really making me stress. We all decided today though that they will come tomorrow and stay until after the baby comes. My last one came at 37w4d or so. AND this is my 5th. So I am hoping they do not came and end up sitting here for a couple weeks with nothing happening.

)
#12 of 15 Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Something is going on!
Contractions have continued, my blood sugar keeps dropping like I'm running a marathon, cramping, un-explained sudden sweating, dizzyness....
Could this be it?

SAHM (32)
, DS
 11/00, DD
 06/09, two

is due 12/14
#13 of 15 Old 05-31-2009, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

We have a pattern, and odd pattern, but a pattern. Contractions every 7 minutes, then 4 monutes, then 7 minutes, then 4 minutes etc etc. Still trying to not get excited. Its a weird pattern, don't know what to think....

SAHM (32)
, DS
 11/00, DD
 06/09, two

is due 12/14
#14 of 15 Old 05-31-2009, 11:54 PM

Last night I had 3-4 minutes apoart for 5.5 hours!! I finally went to bed at like 1am and decided that if they woke me back up, it must be it.

I am still preggo today though.

)
#15 of 15 Old 05-31-2009, 11:59 PM

dmarie--I hope this is it for you!! Keep us posted!!!!

My baby hasn't moved as much today, just the shifting around thing. My belly is almost flat looking on top, from the way she has moved.

I'm wondering if her settling down in movements is a good sign? She is still moving, just not as wiggly as before.

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page