Today is my due date - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-01-2009, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so happy for everyone having their babies, but slightly discouraged too. I saw my midwife. I am nowhere near having this baby I think. I'm only a fingertip dilated. I'm going for a NST next week and if I don't have my baby by then or around that time, I will be induced. I have no confidence in my body right now. Sorry to be such a downer.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#2 of 11 Old 06-01-2009, 06:55 PM

I still have a couple days till my due date but I am feeling the same way... I hope your baby comes soon!!!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#3 of 11 Old 06-01-2009, 07:02 PM

I'm so sorry you are feeling discouraged! If it makes you feel any better, I have read so many birth stories where the mom wasn't dilated at all or hadn't had any signs of pre-labor and then went into labor and had her baby within a day or so. It really is hard to tell when your baby might come! Maybe just try talking to your baby and telling him/her that it is safe to come out and that you are ready for him/her. I have heard that works, too.

Mama to my sweet girl born at home 6/09
#4 of 11 Old 06-01-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Khi View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I have read so many birth stories where the mom wasn't dilated at all or hadn't had any signs of pre-labor and then went into labor and had her baby within a day or so.
Yep, that was me. At 41w1d I had had no signs of labor and from my own assessment I wasn't dilated at all. Went to bed that night and woke up the next morning with contractions-baby was born 5 hours later! You never know when it will happen. Just think if you were in Europe you wouldn't even be due for another week.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#5 of 11 Old 06-01-2009, 07:45 PM

My EDD is today also. Goodbye EDD. (Notice it is an expected due date). I pretty much feel like I could go another week or two, but I sure do not WANT to.

However, babies come when they come. Your body will know what to do. I wouldn't loose confidence until you are past 42 weeks. I've never had many pre-labor sings, and I just wake up in the morning in full-blown labor. This is #3 for me too, and I hardly have anything other than dull crampiness at night.

Is there a reason why you have to be induced? It seems unreasonable to have a hard 41 week deadline.
#6 of 11 Old 06-02-2009, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. A lot of people have been encouraging me and telling me about how they had no labor signs and then all of a sudden they were in labor. I just don't feel like it'll happen to me. I'm not that lucky.

As for inducing? I guess that's the hospital's policy. I'm not fighting it too much at this point. I'm done with this pregnancy. I don't remember being this miserable during my other pregnancies. Ideally I would like to go naturally and not be induced, but I was induced last time and it went very smoothly and well and I felt like I was in total control of the whole thing.

#7 of 11 Old 06-02-2009, 09:33 AM

For what its worth, I was induced at Madigan (that is where you are having this baby right?) and they are awesome there. They didn't jump right to pitocin, they started with a foley catheter and were super supportive of me moving around and getting up and everything even with the IV in. I didn't want to be induced BUT it was a very good experience! Hopefully your LO makes an appearance on his own though since that is easier.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#8 of 11 Old 06-02-2009, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
For what its worth, I was induced at Madigan (that is where you are having this baby right?) and they are awesome there. They didn't jump right to pitocin, they started with a foley catheter and were super supportive of me moving around and getting up and everything even with the IV in. I didn't want to be induced BUT it was a very good experience! Hopefully your LO makes an appearance on his own though since that is easier.
Yes, I'm having the baby at Madigan. I've heard some good things about the place lately and hearing this is even more encouraging. Thanks!

#9 of 11 Old 06-02-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamelly View Post
Yes, I'm having the baby at Madigan. I've heard some good things about the place lately and hearing this is even more encouraging. Thanks!
Glad I could help!! They really are great I ended up needing a c-section (for truly valid medical reasons) and the midwife stayed with me the whole time in the OR and everything. They really are great at doing everything in their power to let your body do what it needs to. I think anywhere else I would have been forced into a c/s way way sooner (or pushed in that direction) but yeah... they are great. I wish I was having this baby there too!!!!

#10 of 11 Old 06-02-2009, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
Glad I could help!! They really are great I ended up needing a c-section (for truly valid medical reasons) and the midwife stayed with me the whole time in the OR and everything. They really are great at doing everything in their power to let your body do what it needs to. I think anywhere else I would have been forced into a c/s way way sooner (or pushed in that direction) but yeah... they are great. I wish I was having this baby there too!!!!
I've seen the same midwife the last several times I've gone in and I really, really like her. She's been so supportive of everything I want to do and I hope she's the one who delivers my baby. She also reassured me that the nurses are great and will help me have the birth I want. The only warning she gave me was that the pediatricians are going to give me a hard time about declining eye drops (but no shots are fine?) and that I should stand my ground and it'll be okay.

#11 of 11 Old 06-02-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamelly View Post
I've seen the same midwife the last several times I've gone in and I really, really like her. She's been so supportive of everything I want to do and I hope she's the one who delivers my baby. She also reassured me that the nurses are great and will help me have the birth I want. The only warning she gave me was that the pediatricians are going to give me a hard time about declining eye drops (but no shots are fine?) and that I should stand my ground and it'll be okay.
Which midwife have you been seeing? We declined everything last time around and it was fine The nurses really are great!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page