The "Being Positive While Waiting" Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 06-02-2009, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been going back and forth between being fine waiting it out and just wanting her to come right this minute So I thought I would start this thread for all of us who are *trying to wait patiently.

Obviously, we all want to see the little one soon. But what positives can you find in the waiting?

-Spending some time with my other three before this one arrives and relishing our last few weeks as a family of five. It is going to get crazy around here!
-Snuggling with my 2 1/2 year old in bed in the morning.
-I need to get a few more cloth diapers sewn for her. And waiting on my prefolds to arrive.
-Enjoying not being at the baby's beck and call. I love nursing, but boy, it can be tiring those first few weeks!

Add yours!

*trying- not always succeeding

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

#2 of 29 Old 06-02-2009, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
: going to hang out and pick up some inspiration...

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

#3 of 29 Old 06-02-2009, 11:50 AM

We went to see UP! in 3D last night and ate at a restaurant.
I figure it was our last chance for a "family night" out, for a while.

My daughter is performing in a little play today at her Junior Theater class. This has motivated me not to want the baby to come.

I have a bunch of little shopping errands that I can get done now, but when the baby comes I won't be heading out for a while.

I'm sure I will lose all free "me" time soon.

I have a litter of puppies that I need to take pictures of and post on their puppy blog.

We still have time to think of baby names.

Andee #3edd - June 3
#4 of 29 Old 06-02-2009, 11:51 AM

I am just enjoying growing a baby who will be prepared to enter the world when she is ready--fully developed and healthy.
#5 of 29 Old 06-02-2009, 12:23 PM

I'm enjoying having some time off work before the real work begins!
It's nice to have time to putter around the house and do some of the little things that aren't critical but will be nice to have finished before the baby gets here.
It's nice to have a little time to spend with my husband, as just the 2 of us for the last time.
I'm also feeling way better physically now that I'm not working. I think that between working full time, doing renos on the house and frantically trying to clean everything after the renos were done that I might have been overdoing it. Now that all of that is done, and I'm getting more rest, I'm feeling way better, and even have less swelling so another week or two pregnant doesn't seem so bad.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#6 of 29 Old 06-02-2009, 12:39 PM

I am enjoying my sleep while waiting.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#7 of 29 Old 06-02-2009, 01:45 PM

They're more work out than in.

And we don't have a baby name yet!

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

#8 of 29 Old 06-02-2009, 01:52 PM

this is our first, so I am trying to savor the last days of just 'us' w/ the mr. as much as possible. Luckily, I am feeling just fine and not encumbered by this pregnancy at all, so we've been able to do what we usually do with 'our' time - garden, bike ride, go for walks, have sex , etc. I am actually thinking of taking Friday off of work this week and go on a little mini-vacation w/ him (though not TOO far from our hospital ) which I think will be nice.

I am also trying to get as much as I can done at work

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#9 of 29 Old 06-02-2009, 02:06 PM

Thanks, I need a thread like this. I'm having a very hard time being patient. There is a lot I would like to do to fill the time before baby comes but I'm in so much constant pain that it is really hard to do anything at all.
#10 of 29 Old 06-02-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauchamp View Post
They're more work out than in.

And we don't have a baby name yet!
Very true; they're definitely more work on the outside. We don't have a name yet either. Not even a list of possibilities. Dh and I just cannot seem to wrap our minds around naming this baby yet at all.

I'm grateful for these last days/weeks to give me time to finish the things which I have not yet gotten done. I'm 3/4 done with the birthing blanket, but I still need to go shopping for games, puzzles and snacks for my older kids to keep them entertained and occupied while I'm in labor. I also need to stock the shelves with snacks for me, Dh and the mws for labor, and buy the kids their sibling gifts from the baby.

Next week is a busy one for us. Saturday we're having a small birthday party for our now 8 year old, Monday we have friends visiting overnight from out of town, Tuesday we're going to the zoo and Wednesday I have seven appointments scheduled, between my sons' OT, my mw and dentist for all four kids. So it would be a much easier week if baby Bun were still interior!

I also still need to find a new pediatrician, as ours is leaving her practice as of this month. I have to finish my mw gifts and want to get the rest of our garden planted, too.

So I'm grateful to still have Bun hanging out on the inside. Life is too hectic right now to add a newborn in to the mix!
#11 of 29 Old 06-02-2009, 04:14 PM

Great thread and great inspiration/reminders!

- Not waking up with my sheets drenched in breast milk...

- Leaving the house with my 3 1/2 year old without the use of a sling or stroller or carrying a diaper bag or basically anything. We can just adventure around Paris or wherever without all the stuff (though w/this baby the amount of stuff we feel we *need* to go out is already greatly reduced...)

- Enjoying evening time with my husband (we are currently watching the series The 4400 and would like to finish it all before the baby comes)

- Feeling the best I have felt this whole pregnancy and sleeping pretty well at the moment, trying to really rest and prepare for the work ahead both during labor and after
#12 of 29 Old 06-02-2009, 04:17 PM

I want this one to be born on the 20th (I know I can't control that), so I am excited every morning that I wake up without any signs of labor I also would like a few more weeks to spend with my children. (enjoying the spray grounds and such)

Emily Wife to Luke and Mama to: Violet 9-20-05 Fletcher 12-20-07 : and Owen 7-03-09
#13 of 29 Old 06-02-2009, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_brycesmom View Post
Thanks, I need a thread like this. I'm having a very hard time being patient. There is a lot I would like to do to fill the time before baby comes but I'm in so much constant pain that it is really hard to do anything at all.
We are in the same boat it seems.

So, I am trying to use this time to get DP to do the last minute things. Still plenty to get done, so I am trying to concentrate on what I would like done, rather than trying to "will" her out.
DP cleaned, vaccuumed, washed and waxed my car yesterday, then installed the carseat base. 1 task down, a dozen to go. I am going to take it really easy today and try to take DS(8) to see a movie tonight. He needs more attention than I have been able to give, so I am now trying to focus on giving him all the time I can while she still bakes.
"I WILL be patient. I WILL be patient..."

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#14 of 29 Old 06-03-2009, 12:14 AM

well, obviously i'm not waiting anymore, but i just wanted to send . i wanted to be miserable and be able to post on a thread like this too. guess other things were in the cards for our family.

so, mamas, just try to enjoy this special time, get rest, and daydream about your sweet babe until it's time.

some things that might be high points:
- a few more days of not having to empty the kitty litter
- avoiding those lovely maternity hospital gowns
- no cervical checks (that is a high point for me!!!) yowzah- kiss me first!
- being able to still feel little kicks.... boy i miss that. i was just beginning to feel her kicking
- as miserable as having a big tummy is, i miss it

but try to rest in the knowledge that your LO is cooking as long as they need to.

Don't throw tomatoes at me. I miss being preggers.

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
#15 of 29 Old 06-03-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclady View Post

I totally understand. She was your first and it ended way too early and was a stressful scary start. You have every right to miss being pg and wishing you could be as miserable as me.

With that said, been there done that too many times, I can't think of a thing to be happy about still being pregnant for, except maybe because I am only 36 weeks it might result in a nicu stay, so I would want to avoid that at all costs, but other then that, I am SOOOOOOO over it. I do however enjoy the reading what the rest of you can be happy about.
#16 of 29 Old 06-03-2009, 01:33 AM

Thanks for this thread. I am overdue and my attitude stunk today.

I am enjoying being the center of attention, as soon as baby is here no one's going to give me a second thought.

I love the kicks and rolls, and being able to share them with children. I've never been one to mind if strangers touch my belly and I just love when children do and their faces light up.

I'm not bleeding or leaking milk, or afraid to take a poop. My belly is huge, but it's tight and beautiful.

Sewin earthlovin : Mama to my 8 yr old, 6 yr old and lil' baby : born 6/11/09.
:
#17 of 29 Old 06-03-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclady View Post

Aww no way .

This is my last pg & even though I've been pretty miserable through a lot of it I'm going to miss feeling my lo kick & squirm & respond to different things.

And I'm glad I can still nap whenever I want

Sahm to 2 girls (17 & 15)& Cody (7/09).
#18 of 29 Old 06-03-2009, 09:28 AM

on the way to my appt yesterday i was feeling really down....i have been having loads of prodromal labor (where i thought, "this is IT" at least twice) but somehow i knew that the cervical check was going to reveal no progress. i had decided that i'd let him check, but i didn't want to know the number, kwim?

anyway, on the way there, i was listening to the radio and what do i hear but "Patience" by Guns n' Roses (circa 1989!). LOL not my usual listening fare, so it's strange to say, but it actually spoke to me and is now my new anthem for a calm and peaceful wait.

so, in case you need a dose of "Patience" and a smile, here's a little snippet for ya!

"Girl, I think about you every day now
Was a time when I wasn't sure
But you set my mind at ease
There is no doubt you're in my heart now
Said woman take it slow
It'll work itself out fine
All we need is just a little patience
Said sugar make it slow
And we'll come together fine
All we need is just a little patience

Sit here on the stairs
'Cause I'd rather be alone
If I can't have you right now, I'll wait dear
Sometimes, I get so tense
But I can't speed up the time
But you know, love, there's one more thing to consider
Said woman take it slow
Things will be just fine
You and I'll just use a little patience"

busy mama to four
: : : :
#19 of 29 Old 06-03-2009, 09:38 AM

:

Overdue from the May DDC, stopping by for inspiration

Our baby boy, Kynan Glenn, born 6 June 09
#20 of 29 Old 06-03-2009, 10:51 AM

(((Austgirl)))))

Sewin earthlovin : Mama to my 8 yr old, 6 yr old and lil' baby : born 6/11/09.
:
#21 of 29 Old 06-03-2009, 04:45 PM

I'm trying but patience is not my virtue right now. I'm only 38 weeks and am totally comfortable but can't wait for birth(excited about our first uc), or having a newborn around again because it will be so different this time. Plus I really want to rip the cover off my hottub and go swimming/soaking, but than I know it won't have a cover anymore and either DD or the animals will get in it and I'll have to increase the chemicle level for DH to feel comfortable.

I swear just because I am so impatient this baby will be waiting for week forty, even though my body and baby feel like time is coming very soon, but maybe it is just wishful thinking.
#22 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 02:01 PM

I think I'm still pretty positive...my main problem is boredom. I am on the computer a lot (blurred vision from reading MDC for so long!) or I keep wandering in the kitchen to eat something, grazing all day long.

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

#23 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 04:26 PM

I've been trying, but today I kind of give up. Thee nights of false labor got my hopes up, and then waaayyyy down
During the day I can't do anything but sleep!
#24 of 29 Old 06-04-2009, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

I am feeling a bit down today, so I am coming here

Yesterday, I got to embellish some of her cloth diapers. She may not care what she poops in, but I am thrilled she is going to have such a fancy (um, and thrifty!) tush.
I had the chance to prepare some more things for our homebirth.
I got a nice long nap this afternoon!

Sorry about the false labor, simplykate! I had that with my first son and it was so discouraging Hope that being able to sleep during the day is helping.

ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

#25 of 29 Old 06-05-2009, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelofpeace View Post
\Yesterday, I got to embellish some of her cloth diapers. She may not care what she poops in, but I am thrilled she is going to have such a fancy (um, and thrifty!) tush.
Ah, I'm glad I'm not the only one I made most of Bun's diapers and most of the covers have embroidery on the bum. Impractical maybe, but oh so CUTE! And since I already had most of the materials here from my store, when I had it open, most of Bun's diaper stash didn't cost me anything.
#26 of 29 Old 06-05-2009, 11:12 AM

I'm pretty into having a little more time to get things done! On the other hand, the more time I have, the longer my "to do" list becomes!
I'm really excited about our first UC too.
I'm still surprisingly comfortable except for being sososo hot. I wish I could just hang out in a pool or around a pool all day.
#27 of 29 Old 06-10-2009, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

We are well here- trying to keep it positive.

Just thought I would bump this up

#28 of 29 Old 06-10-2009, 05:46 PM

Today was another gray and rainy day here and we all woke up feeling a bit grumpy and down...all 3 of us would like to meet this baby and we just feel so ready! So, we threw on the mud boots and rain gear and headed for a long walk in the forest. (You've got to imagine that this is special for us considering we live in the suburbs of Paris...forests are far and few between here.) We had a great day wandering on trails and exploring - staying perfectly dry from the protection of the trees. This is what my husband and I did while we waited for my son to come as well so we returned back to the same forest today...

It felt so nice to be out there - peaceful and relaxing. I tried to meditate a bunch and send positive and welcoming messages to the baby. I've got to find some peace with this waiting period b/c it could still go on for at least another week or two. (40w1d today). Tomorrow I am going to meet a friend for lunch and try to finish up a project that definitely will not be gotten to once the baby comes...taking it day by day I guess!

Sending positive vibes out to everyone that is waiting still...
#29 of 29 Old 06-10-2009, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

That sounds really lovely. It is chilly and rainy here too, although we live very close to the mountains (like, there is one behind the field in our backyard ). I love the smell of the rain in the mountains

I think I am going to bake a cake with the kiddos and then do some sewing. Perhaps this little one is waiting on the last three cloth diapers I was going to sew for her

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page