Wow - I think I'm nesting! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-02-2009, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my fifth term pregnancy, and I've never, ever "nested" before. I never thought I would, especially in a pregnancy where I've been so tired the whole time. But...I did a huge grocery shop and cleaned my fridge yesterday (this was months overdue). This morning, I did a full cycle of laundry (ie. folded/put away one load, moved another to the dryer, and started another), emptied my dishwasher and did some hand dishes - before breakfast. Some of the laundry I did is part of the pile that's been in front of my dresser for months, and is actually part of my decluttering plan.

This is cool. I wish I'd had this in previous pregnancies...my house would be in a lot better shape!!

Now, I just wish I weren't also still tired.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-02-2009, 05:01 PM

Send the nesting vibes this way! I am just on the brink of nesting - I look around and see a lot that needs to be done and really seriously consider doing them...

Luckily my husband is pretty motivated so I can sort of direct him to do some of the nesting and since I am *only* 39 weeks pregnant I can imagine I still have up to *3 weeks* to get things taken care of...
#3 of 7 Old 06-02-2009, 08:34 PM

nesting is fun, isn't it? My whole house got cleaned in the last 2 or 3 weeks!!

Of course, now I'm thinking that a load of laundry and a load of dishes is almost too much work for the day. lol.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#4 of 7 Old 06-03-2009, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

I don't really have quite the energy I need for this, but I'm still doing it. I'm astonished. I may actually get this pit decluttered! I've done 5 loads of laundry today, and got them all put away and/or sorted (except the ones that are still in progress). We just had dinner, and now I'm going to go up and put some stuff in a bag for donating...and stick it in the van.

Yay! I'm glad I finally got to experience this. I just hope once I get a certain amount of cleaning done, I can switch gears and get some freezer meals put away...

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#5 of 7 Old 06-03-2009, 02:04 AM

I have the energy and desire to have a huge nesting fit, however, I am in too much pain to do it. So instead I get frustrated at how dirty my house actually is.
#6 of 7 Old 06-03-2009, 08:24 AM

A friend loaned us an adorable cradle the day before yesterday, but it had no bedding. I sewed two sheets and a sweet little bumper up for it in one day yesterday, along with 2 loads of laundry and the usual taking care of 2 other kids, DH, meals, etc. Felt like superwoman, though then passed out at 9 p.m. and am up rarin' to go now, at 3 a.m! I'm going to try to go back to bed now so I'm not too tired in case I go into labor.

Sewin earthlovin : Mama to my 8 yr old, 6 yr old and lil' baby : born 6/11/09.
:
#7 of 7 Old 06-03-2009, 09:33 AM

I had this big long to do list for when I stopped working. The first two weeks was completely catching up on everything I'd slacked on for the last 3 months while I worked full time, and it was raining for that entire 2 weeks, AND we were waiting on my husband's paycheck, so there wasn't much I can do. Now that I have a little money and sunshine, and I really wanted to start doing more stuff, I can't because I'm so freakin' exhausted. I can only assign myself one task a day. I'm afraid this baby isn't going to come until I relax and decide I am ready...but at this rate, that won't be until August!!! The good thing is that my best friend just came in town to help me, and my husband is helpful (when he's not working) so I can sort of direct them to nest for me :-D

Single mama to S ~ 6/09

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page