Update on Robert (and me) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-03-2009, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Robert had to spend an extra few days in the hospital-- really just for observation, everything was fine-- but finally came home on Sunday. He is just perfect. Unfortunately, being separated so much for those days has wreaked havoc on our breastfeeding relationship, and I'm dealing with over-supply and awful nipples. I think it's getting better, though, overall, at least the supply part. (The hospital sent me home with a pump-- be careful with those things! They can really overstimulate you.) My nipples, they hurt, and he eats ferociously.

I've got a gazillion stitches that make sitting at the computer really difficult, so I'll probably be off-line for the most part, but wanted to update and say HI to my DDC! Congratulations to everybody that's had their babies, and good luck to those still waiting! I'll be coming back ASAP to read individual threads and birth stories!

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-03-2009, 01:39 PM

Oh, I'm sorry he had to stay longer but am thrilled he's okay!!! Good luck with the breastfeeding relationship- I'm sure everything will work out (and your nipples WILL heal!!!).
#3 of 3 Old 06-03-2009, 03:40 PM

Yay for coming home!!!!!!

Send some of that over supply to me!!! I like the medela tender care lanolin. The LC suggested using before and after pumping. Before reduces friction of the flages against your breast.

Best of luck!!

:

Hope your stitches/incision heal swiftly.

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page