Sore nipples anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-04-2009, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For the past week or two I've been having super sore breasts but mostly my nipples. I feel like I'm back in the first trimester, cringing everytime I take off my bra. I've even started using a bit of lanolin (which seems to help a tiny bit). This is my first so wondering if this is normal.

dreads.gif  ribbonyellow.gif Proud Army Wife to DH ribbonyellow.gif  mama to one busy boy blahblah.gif and his dog2.gif  
#2 of 8 Old 06-04-2009, 02:52 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
It sucks, but it's completely normal. I get stinging pains in my nipples all the time now. Your bb's are getting ready for baby!

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#3 of 8 Old 06-04-2009, 04:17 AM

I haven't had nipple pain (but I didn't last time either) but my breasts have been sore similar to the sensation of the milk coming in...they feel bigger too. Hang in there and use your cream if it helps them feel better - the end is almost here!
#4 of 8 Old 06-04-2009, 04:28 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Oh yeah, cool compresses help sometimes. Worth a shot.

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#5 of 8 Old 06-04-2009, 12:43 PM

I never had nipple pain at all before my DS was born. I'd be careful it's not thrush. If after baby comes, you get a "shards of glass" feeling in your nipples, then it's definitely thrush.

Sorry my news isnt' more upbeat - but I just never dealt with that so ?? Even now my nipples are totally fine.

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#6 of 8 Old 06-04-2009, 04:51 PM

I just started noticing this a few days ago too. I assumed it's just my body gearing up to feed the lo.

Sahm to 2 girls (17 & 15)& Cody (7/09).
#7 of 8 Old 06-04-2009, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Whew! Happy I'm not the only person dealing with this. I figured it was my body getting ready for the baby to come but wasn't quite sure. Thanks Sherri I'll keep thrush in mind too.

dreads.gif  ribbonyellow.gif Proud Army Wife to DH ribbonyellow.gif  mama to one busy boy blahblah.gif and his dog2.gif  
#8 of 8 Old 06-05-2009, 04:43 AM

Definitely - I am still nursing dd so its super intense now but I also remember feeling it as her delivery approached. The lanolin seemed to help me then as well as making sure to wear a supportive bra.

Beth, Mama to my two nurslings, DD 2.22.07 and DS 6.20.09 Worn, Intact, CD, Unvaxed, Born at Home!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page