who else is grouchy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-04-2009, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
is it just me?

poor DH is like a walking target. is it the neverending breast pump? the emotional exhaustion of finally ending the nicu stay? lack of sleep?

what's the deal? i am some sort of right now. and when he says anything- seriously, anything, i feel like :

or some other good pictures that fit are:
:

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
#2 of 10 Old 06-04-2009, 07:19 PM

Me. I'm trying very hard not to be. The heat isn't helping either.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#3 of 10 Old 06-04-2009, 07:24 PM

Oh, honey, you've been through so much over the last few weeks you GET to be *itchy and annoyed at whoever you want!!!
#4 of 10 Old 06-04-2009, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwill129 View Post
Oh, honey, you've been through so much over the last few weeks you GET to be *itchy and annoyed at whoever you want!!!
I'm printing this out and shoving it in his face.

Seriously- we had a very bad storm tonight and I was coming back from church choir practice. He came out to get my and my mom from the truck (with the umbrella) and I hadn't turned the truck off yet.

So he says (all sarcastic like...at least to me), "Turn off the truck. You're going to run over me." Yes.... I responded.... "don't tempt me.

My mom was laughing so hard. He asked me later why I was so snitty. I told him that he sounded sarcastic. He was just trying to talk loud enough for me to hear him over the engine. Well, I'm not deaf, you know....

oh poor honey.

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
#5 of 10 Old 06-04-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclady View Post
is it just me?

poor DH is like a walking target. is it the neverending breast pump? the emotional exhaustion of finally ending the nicu stay? lack of sleep?

what's the deal? i am some sort of right now. and when he says anything- seriously, anything, i feel like :

or some other good pictures that fit are:
:
I'm living in grouchland but trying not to off any of my already birthed kids before this one comes out. I think they're turning their rooms into bomb shelters for if I start to get snarky on them.

Stress is a real #itch imo. You've earned the right to be as grouchy as you need to at this point, just get it out & over with.

Sahm to 2 girls (17 & 15)& Cody (7/09).
#6 of 10 Old 06-04-2009, 11:48 PM

My husband and kids are scared of me. VERY scared. 'nuff said
#7 of 10 Old 06-05-2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrogger View Post
My husband and kids are scared of me. VERY scared. 'nuff said
:

Happily married and unschooling 5 kiddos Oct. 2004, July, 2007, July, 2009, Oct. 2010, Nov. 2012 uc.jpg

#8 of 10 Old 06-05-2009, 02:23 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Oh yes, grouchy grouchy grouchy here. :
Just try to take it all 1 day at a time ladies. That's all we CAN do right now...

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#9 of 10 Old 06-05-2009, 04:23 AM

Yes, me too! I was such a grump with my husband yesterday...poor guy. He actually told me to leave and go for a walk or go out with friends or something...just get away! Of course being grumpy that sounded like a horrible idea but I appreciate his effort.
#10 of 10 Old 06-05-2009, 08:47 AM

Got a good story for y'all...

I am teaching 11th grade, finishing up the year, and it's exam time. They had a review session yesterday. A cell phone went off. My policy is that you turn off the cell phone, bring me the phone, and I keep it locked up until the end of the day--I don't write a referral and I won't call your parents, but you still don't get your phone for not following the original rules of keeping the phone off.

No one came forward with the phone, which is highly unusual, since the kids like my policy compared to other teacher's policies. I said, "If that cell phone rings again, I will call Security who will take all of your phones to the office."

Well, I knew the phone would ring again because no one had made a move to cut it off. Group activity resumed and sure enough, it rang again. Before the other kids had a chance to rat out the kid with the cell phone, up came a security guard and took all their phones to the office in a crate where they had to go get them at the end of the day. Then it was silent study time.

Usually, I never, ever punish the entire class for one student's actions, because that is ridiculous. It's not like I withheld the cell phone or threw it out the window--they just all had to "suffer" for 35 more minutes without them, when they aren't even supposed to have them in the first place (yeah right).

But THIS time is different and I was full of The Rage.

Actions have consequences, bitches. When I tell you to do something, I mean it!! Do what this preggo SAYS!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page