patience is slipping... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-05-2009, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I posted this blog today. My sister said it wasn't too much, but reading it now, it seems worse than it did when I wrote it....

"Ok, so, NO, the baby is not here yet. We will let everyone know after she comes. I am exhausted and in pain and ready for it to be over, so although I understand curiosity is human nature, and everyone is excited, I don't want to be asked if she is here yet. Not trying to be a b*%#@, but whatever. I have every right to be selfish right now. And I'm sorry, but if you don't get a call or text until after she is born, deal with it. I highly doubt I will be thinking about calling or messaging anyone while I'm in labor.

We will have a list of family to call, and anyone else we think of other than that in the moment.

I appreciate everyones concern, but please, try to understand. I have had a lot of false labor the past couple weeks and have very little patience left for anything. Oh, and trying to carry around an extra 50lbs has gotten me to the point where I can't sit or stand for long, so the pain makes me even more moody.

I can't wait to tell everyone she is here. Trust me, I'm counting down the days more than any of you.

We love you all, and will let you know something when something is actually happening.

Dani"

Was that too much? I actually "toned it down" a couple times before I posted it....

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#2 of 7 Old 06-05-2009, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nah it's fine imo. You tossed in your reasons so it's not like you just told everyone to p*ss up a rope for the heck of it

Sahm to 2 girls (17 & 15)& Cody (7/09).
#3 of 7 Old 06-05-2009, 02:39 AM

Well it sure makes ME feel better to read that you feel just the way that I do!
Today is my due date and I'm actually feeling guilty for not having the baby yet, I feel so pressured from every one.
I have been having the false labor all week too so I keep thinking it's going to be soon and then I feel let down and it doesn't help that people are calling and texting and messaging all the time! Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong for not having the baby yet as weird as that sounds.
And the 50 extra (55 for me!) lbs. def does not help!!!!
#4 of 7 Old 06-05-2009, 04:18 AM

Awww Mamas, hang in there!

@Dani - It is blunt but clear. I don't think it is over the top, it is honest and full of real emotion which I can totally respect and understand. Hopefully there are less inquiries now??

It is such a head game at the end of pregnancies - time plays funny tricks on us and it doesn't help when our body seems to be collaborating to fool us too! (Even though I know my body is actually trying to make some progress and help me out...)

#5 of 7 Old 06-05-2009, 06:01 AM

A friend of mine suggested changing our outgoing voicemail message to: "Thank you for calling. No baby yet, but we will be informing loved ones of his arrival in reverse order based on the frequency of phone calls."

Sewin earthlovin : Mama to my 8 yr old, 6 yr old and lil' baby : born 6/11/09.
:
#6 of 7 Old 06-05-2009, 08:40 AM

#7 of 7 Old 06-05-2009, 08:51 AM

Oh I think yours is totally fine and appropriate.

I, on the other hand, will probably do something like this:

"Hi, everyone! You know, we are so sorry that we forgot to send a personal message to everyone to let you know individually that we already had our baby, won the lottery, and have moved to a tropical island thousands of miles away. Life just happens so fast!"

Or something else really snarky!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page