Anyone ready to pop? Full moon tomorrow!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 3 cms, 60% effaced, -1 station- and TONS of prodromal labor but nothing happening yet.

Tomorrow's a full moon and I hear tons of stuff about this causing lots of waters breaking.

Here's hoping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 10:20 AM

I am not due for another week, but I wouldn't mind her coming now. Come on, full moon

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

#3 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 10:44 AM

Sweet. I'm so ready. I think my kids are going to disown me if they have to be around psycho mommy for much longer!
#4 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 11:03 AM

I asked my midwife about this full moon thing and she said she has not observed any increase in labor onset because of it She did, however, say that changes in barometric pressure seem to bring on labor in women. So who knows? I hope we get lots of babies born this weekend though!!

Not that I will be one of them.
#5 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 11:05 AM

Feeling very achy today with lots of non-painful contractions (though I do have a consistent dull ache in my back)...trying to stay moving around and getting things done so that I don't slow things down if they are starting. I have been hoping that this full moon was going to influence my labor for some time now but trying really really hard not to get my hopes up....

Today (just for fun) I ate some fresh pineapple and convinced my husband to DTD (not that it took much convincing - he was just more caught off-guard that it was ME that was doing the initiating). I think I am going to wash my floors on my hands and knees now. I just wish I would have some contractions that made me go "oh wait" instead of ones that are long but kinda meh.

Tomorrow is also Mother's Day in France...for this reason and more we've been talking to the baby and trying to convince him and her that tomorrow would be a great day to come. But, alas, we don't have much say in the matter.

(I'll hit 40 weeks on June 9th....)
#6 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 11:07 AM

I could totally go for popping tomorrow... my EDD is June 10th-ish so really not too far off!! I am totally not sure of my dates either since I was still EBFing DS when I got pregnant I am MUCH more uncomfortable now than I was at almost 40 weeks with DS...

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#7 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 11:39 AM

my edd is actually tomorrow, so sure! I'd be up for being that 5% that actually delivers ON their due date

I played disc yesterday and that seemed to shift the babe even lower; got lots of borderline-painful cramping/cervix stuff that afternoon, but since then, no signs of labor at all. Babe seems restless though

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#8 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 11:50 AM

MORE than ready. I do not want to go until Thursday and be induced! Plus both my children were born on Sundays, I would love to add a third to that! Pull, moon, pull!

Labor vibes to all ...

Sewin earthlovin : Mama to my 8 yr old, 6 yr old and lil' baby : born 6/11/09.
:
#9 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I am wondering if I would have to wait until tomorrow. HA I am so ready. And big plus, if I had this baby tomorrow, I could avoid having to go see the oversight OB on Monday. Yes, that would be a great great great big plus.

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

#10 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 12:42 PM

Tomorrow is my 29th birthday! Hoooooooowlin' at the moon!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#11 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 12:52 PM

My former midwife swears that more babies are born under a full moon. There have actually been two recent US studies that did not find any correlation between a full moon or pressure changes in birth rates.

I think I prefer to believe my former midwife. I really, really want to have this baby this weekend! She is fully cooked, I am sure. I am 40 weeks and 5 days.
#12 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

yeah- I think that this is one of those situations where you have to take anecdotal data into consideration- even if you can't find it in a study.

My sister's water broke during a huge thunderstorm/temperature change and EVERY woman that was in L&D had started labor w/ water breaking.

I think some "wive's tales" are told for a reason!
#13 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post
I asked my midwife about this full moon thing and she said she has not observed any increase in labor onset because of it She did, however, say that changes in barometric pressure seem to bring on labor in women. So who knows? I hope we get lots of babies born this weekend though!!

My DD was born on a full moon and my surro son was born after we had severe thunderstorms (like pre-tornado thunderstroms!) I'm hoping the full moon works for me again this time (due tomorrow 6/7.) But I don't "feel" like anything is going on unfortunately.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#14 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post

I've read that it doesn't have the affect it may have had a long time ago due to our exposure to artificial light. either way, I'm not ready, baby stay in!

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#15 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 03:48 PM

I think there's something to it. My friends water broke last month on the full moon and and same thing for another friend back in December, along with a storm that came through.
Crazy things happen on the full moon, my dad is an er doc and says they're always twice as busy with accidents and stuff on the full moon.
#16 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 04:03 PM

Both my kiddos were conceived during full moons and my son was born in the 5-day window of the full moon...I know there is absolutely no scientific evidence to back it up but the tales of so many doctors and midwives makes me think that is something to at least be hopeful for! At least for those of us who are ready to go!

Come on babies! Come on full moon! Come on drop in barometric pressure (it got much cooler and gray here today...)!
#17 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 04:38 PM

Me, me, me! My EDD was May 31st. I've got everything ready. I am soooo tired of being crabby.

I'm not feeling tired of being preggo, but erm, I have a cough, and I pee when I do since's babe's dropped. Not fun.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#18 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 06:28 PM

I'm hoping! I want to have my baby on an odd number date anyway, so I hope tomorrow is the day! I'm 5 days past due now!

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#19 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahwg View Post
Both my kiddos were conceived during full moons and my son was born in the 5-day window of the full moon...I know there is absolutely no scientific evidence to back it up but the tales of so many doctors and midwives makes me think that is something to at least be hopeful for! At least for those of us who are ready to go!

Come on babies! Come on full moon! Come on drop in barometric pressure (it got much cooler and gray here today...)!

this baby for me was conceived on full moon as well. (maybe that's why my EDD is also a full moon? ) I actually do tend to ovulate on full moon, period on new moon pretty consistently.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#20 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 06:55 PM

My EDD is Monday and would not mind having the baby Sunday night. My support person is out of state and comes home Sunday so I'm happy to wait until then. Monday would be fine too!
#21 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 08:41 PM

My support person is here. She did not want to miss things since she lives 7 hours away. So, they are here until the baby comes.

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
#22 of 23 Old 06-06-2009, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Tomorrow sounds good. I have had the 7th or 8th in mind for months, even before I knew it was the full moon on the 7th. So yes, I would be more than happy to pop tomorrow.

*PLEASE??*

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#23 of 23 Old 06-07-2009, 12:18 AM

I would like tomorrow, but I think tuesday would be PERFECT for me. It is my grandpa's birthday, and I would love for, what is probably the last great grand child he will get to meet, to be born on his birthday. If not, tomorrow is good for me. I am too tired for tonight.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page