I'm at 41 weeks tomorrow. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-07-2009, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not tired of being pregnant. I'm tired of being crabby.

It is kinda funny, I keep scheduling stuff I want to get done or do for fun, so. . .

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2009, 02:35 PM

Me too! My due date was Thursday, I'm super tired and grumpy, but all I've been doing is fun stuff like shopping and going to the beach. So I don't go crazy waiting.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:25 PM

I feel your pain!

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
Old 06-07-2009, 04:40 PM

41 weeks + 3 here! I just keep sewing, and cooking/baking stuff to freeze, napping, and enjoying the simple life of being a family of four. I also like to go out in public and scare shopowners who look like they can't wait to get me out of their store.

Sewin earthlovin : Mama to my 8 yr old, 6 yr old and lil' baby : born 6/11/09.
:
Old 06-07-2009, 05:15 PM

I went to a BBQ today and someone said "oh, you just don't look ready yet!" b/c my belly is small. Ugh. I feel ready to meet this little one but I shouldn't complain b/c I am *only* 40 weeks on Tuesday...I thought for sure it would be this weekend so yesterday I did lots of cleaning and prepping but now it is getting to be evening here and not much is happening. At the same time, I realize oh that means I can do some other things this week: visit some friends, bake, work on a few knitting projects...try not to just wait around too much.

Ladies you are doing great...
Old 06-07-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisMom View Post
I also like to go out in public and scare shopowners who look like they can't wait to get me out of their store.
My last baby was born at 41w2d and I made sure I went somewhere everyday just so someone would ask me when I was due. Then I'd take delight in watching the look of horror come over there face when I nonchalantly answered "Oh, last week." It's like they are expecting the baby to just fall out right there in the middle of the produce aisle or something! Great entertainment when you're "over due" and just waiting on baby, lol!

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

Old 06-07-2009, 08:53 PM

41 weeks tomorrow here too. I feel fine, but really grumpy.

I am mostly grumpy at stupid questions, like "how long is your doctor going to let you go?" Even if I had a doctor, why is it his/her decision? And I am sick of the "my baby was going to be 14 pounds at 40 weeks and 1 day so I had to be induced" stories. I am getting a little testy in my responses. This morning, my son's friend's mother asked me this and I said "Both my other children were born late and I don't have an OB. My midwife estimates the baby is only about 7 or 7 1/2 pounds, she still moves a lot, my heart rate is lower than average, her heart rate is fine, and there is absolutely no reason to be concerned right now." It was way too much and I could tell she was taken surprised. I am usually not that rude, and I know people mean well, but it is irritating as he**!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I've got a friend who's being pushed to induce. I am soooo glad we're homebirthing, and I have a wonderfully laidback midwife.

I have another friend who had a successful induction, but I was seriously scared for her.

I said if I heard of another person being induced I'd scream. These *&^@#% doctors.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:06 AM

Oh, I hear you on the induction frustrations! I'm on a very mainstream surrogacy board and some lady posted on there about how they tried all weekend to coax the baby out but "she wasn't ready" (direct quote) so they're inducing today...and she's 39 weeks! I really want to scream sometimes.

My edd was Sunday and that same day someone asked when we were inducing. Has it really become so common for scheduled inductions that people forget babies WILL be born when they're ready?! For any future pregnancies I'm either not telling people my exact edd or else I'm making it at 42 weeks.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

Old 06-09-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishWSU View Post
For any future pregnancies I'm either not telling people my exact edd or else I'm making it at 42 weeks.
I did this this pregnancy. Hardly anybody knows my due date, even family. I just told them all the date was "mid June". If they press me, I smile placidly and say "June is my due month", and they usually get the point. BUT the thing that has been happening is that since people don't know, they look at my size and assume it's any day, when actually I'm not even 39 weeks yet. I still think that's preferable to them knowing the date, talking about it coming soon, calling me on the date, etc etc.

I've started telling folks that it's still "a couple weeks off" or I'll tell family that I'm around 38 weeks, etc, and that has reduced the attention somewhat. I really don't like the pressure! I want to just roll with it this time.

I actually had someone make me laugh at the grocery store the other day -- he was in line behind me, looked at me and said, "You must be in your first trimester." I laughed really hard, because everyone usually asks me if I'm due any day, and it was such a relief to hear a comment on my size without any curiosity about when I'm due, just celebration of the size. It really is a wonderful time, if people would lay off the pressure!

Mama to two sweet boys, a 7yo superhero.gif and a toddler coolshine.gif.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

User Tag List