You know you're 9 months pregnant when.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-08-2009, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
-your husband (with the very sensitive sense of smell) tells you you smell funny, and you hope this is a sign of a hormone shift and impending labor.

-you spend all day on the toilet but feel vindicated when you can see definition in your ankles for the first time in 3 weeks. (I must have lost like 4 pounds of water weight today. And my ankles are SO PRETTY!)

-you need help rolling over in bed because the weight of the baby pulls way too much on your round ligaments and it HURTS.

Ok unpopped mamas, you have to be able to add to this list!

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 01:31 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Every time you feel a bit uh, "damp", you waddle to the bathroom hoping...

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
Old 06-08-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post
Every time you feel a bit uh, "damp", you waddle to the bathroom hoping...
LMAO ok seriously, I am going to the bathroom right now to check.

You know you are 9 months pg when you scare little children with your screaming "ouch" in the grocery store.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:40 AM

oh oh oh!!! i have another one!

when nipple leakage excites you!! hahahaha

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
Old 06-08-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
-you spend all day on the toilet but feel vindicated when you can see definition in your ankles for the first time in 3 weeks. (I must have lost like 4 pounds of water weight today. And my ankles are SO PRETTY!)

Hmm? What are these ankle things you speak of??

Old 06-08-2009, 01:51 AM

When standing up from the couch is a major production which takes multiple starts and stops, a huge amount of effort and at least a little help. And by the time you finally manage to get up you can't remember what you wanted.

When every time you make plans or an appointment for more than a day ahead you add the condition, "That is, we'll be there IF baby isn't born yet/I'm not in labor..."
Old 06-08-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessielove View Post
When standing up from the couch is a major production which takes multiple starts and stops, a huge amount of effort and at least a little help. And by the time you finally manage to get up you can't remember what you wanted.

When every time you make plans or an appointment for more than a day ahead you add the condition, "That is, we'll be there IF baby isn't born yet/I'm not in labor..."
LMAO exactly, I was RSVPing to a baby shower for this coming weekend and had to add that.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessielove View Post
Hahaha yeah this one is me all day long. My mother who is a senior citizen told me to 'just stay sitting down, you look too pitiful trying to get up'

Sahm to 2 girls (17 & 15)& Cody (7/09).
Old 06-08-2009, 02:42 AM

You halfway hope that when you poo you'll have loose stools as a sign of impending labor :

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelofpeace View Post
You halfway hope that when you poo you'll have loose stools as a sign of impending labor :
Or that magically pushing hard enough will pop your water.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:54 AM

When family members can have whole conversations about whether or not you've dropped.

When you consider it a good night's sleep if you've only been up to go to the bathroom 4 times, plus woke up with screaming hip pain another 3 or 4 times.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

Old 06-08-2009, 04:29 AM

Another to add: When dropping something on the floor and knowing you have to somehow manuever to pick it up is enough to make you nearly cry.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaC View Post
Hahaha yeah this one is me all day long. My mother who is a senior citizen told me to 'just stay sitting down, you look too pitiful trying to get up'
This seriously had me laughing aloud!

Beth, Mama to my two nurslings, DD 2.22.07 and DS 6.20.09 Worn, Intact, CD, Unvaxed, Born at Home!
Old 06-08-2009, 10:49 AM

When the janitor at school is really nice and kindly notices (not being snarky, but genuinely was sympathetic) the increased amount of pencils, red pens, post-it notes, paper clips, etc. that litter the floor of the teaching area just where YOU stand/sit/teach, because they *oops* drop during the course of the day and you just leave them there I told him finders keepers from now on!!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
Old 06-08-2009, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
When you consider it a good night's sleep if you've only been up to go to the bathroom 4 times, plus woke up with screaming hip pain another 3 or 4 times.
Yeah, That!!

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

Old 06-08-2009, 12:57 PM

When you've had tons of sex lately but not because you are in the mood, only to get labor going!

Amy, wife to Kevin, homeschooling mommy to Chase '99, Aidan '03, and Carabelle 6/16/09 :
Old 06-08-2009, 01:34 PM

When your girly parts FEEL like you've been having tons of sex, without the sex part

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

Old 06-08-2009, 01:42 PM

:

Great stuff! Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking ALL of these things!

So much to do in June, "IF I haven't had the baby yet!" This is the biggest caveat!

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
Old 06-08-2009, 02:00 PM

When you just about start crying as you leave Dairy Queen, realizing that they forgot to add the brownie pieces to your Chocolate Xtreme blizzard.....

Amanda , mama to my two boys: N (10/06) and : A (7/09)
Old 06-08-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaleigh37 View Post
When you just about start crying as you leave Dairy Queen, realizing that they forgot to add the brownie pieces to your Chocolate Xtreme blizzard.....
What's in that? I have a DQ near my house....

When you suddenly don't care about eating healthy because soon enough you are going to be losing weight and not gaining.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:19 PM

when you're SURE that the innocent question, "so, how are you doing/feeling?" is actually covert code for "why haven't you had that baby yet?!?" and you just want to scream at the poor asker that you'll let them know if and when you ever have the baby!

busy mama to four
: : : :
Old 06-08-2009, 09:00 PM

You start wondering things like "Who's bright idea was it to make toilet stall doors only open in?!?"

Old 06-08-2009, 09:03 PM

when you make multiple late night trips to the kitchen for a snack, and end up in tears cause nothing that you ate "hit the spot"...

Old 06-09-2009, 01:30 AM

When a simple task takes 2 hours to accomplish:

Realize the dog needs water, take his bowl into the kitchen and put on the counter. See the new car seat that needs to be put away in baby's closet upstairs, go put it away. See all the trash in baby's room from new packaging from your Ikea trip today, clean up. DH calls you downstairs into the kitchen to look at something he found while cleaning the garage. See dog bowl on counter and move it next to the sink. Remember that you were cleaning baby's room and go upstairs to finish. Find knobs that you want to put on the dresser and take them to dh to ask how to do that. While carrying the drill upstairs, drop one of the knobs. Continue up the stairs to put the drill in the bedroom, and then go retrieve the knob. It fell into the kitchen, and it's 9pm and you are hungry. Place knob on counter and look in pantry. Pull out a box of annie's mac and cheese because it sounds delicious. You realize there are no clean pots so you are going to need to wash one. Walk to the sink and see dog bowl. Fill it up and finally put it back on the ground for your thirsty pet.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:30 PM

That horrible potato-sack dress your SIL gave you...it is now the only maternity outfit that still fits!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:34 PM

One of things on your before-baby list is to hang a clothesline. You scrape your belly on a tree in the process.

I have one wonderful husband and one wonderful little toddler boy!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyetamommy View Post
When a simple task takes 2 hours to accomplish:

Realize the dog needs water, take his bowl into the kitchen and put on the counter. See the new car seat that needs to be put away in baby's closet upstairs, go put it away. See all the trash in baby's room from new packaging from your Ikea trip today, clean up. DH calls you downstairs into the kitchen to look at something he found while cleaning the garage. See dog bowl on counter and move it next to the sink. Remember that you were cleaning baby's room and go upstairs to finish. Find knobs that you want to put on the dresser and take them to dh to ask how to do that. While carrying the drill upstairs, drop one of the knobs. Continue up the stairs to put the drill in the bedroom, and then go retrieve the knob. It fell into the kitchen, and it's 9pm and you are hungry. Place knob on counter and look in pantry. Pull out a box of annie's mac and cheese because it sounds delicious. You realize there are no clean pots so you are going to need to wash one. Walk to the sink and see dog bowl. Fill it up and finally put it back on the ground for your thirsty pet.
You just described my days when not pregnant!

I made an eye appt. for myself for next week and added the caveat, "That is, I'll be here IF the baby isn't born yet..."
Old 06-10-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
-your husband (with the very sensitive sense of smell) tells you you smell funny, and you hope this is a sign of a hormone shift and impending labor.
I stink. I've stunk since about a month ago. It's getting old. I seem to be the only one who notices it, but it's getting to me. I still have two weeks to go...

Quote:
-you need help rolling over in bed because the weight of the baby pulls way too much on your round ligaments and it HURTS.
*sigh*
I barely had this at all in my first two pregnancies. This is number five. It's been hard and painful rolling over in bed for well over a month. I think my ligaments are just losing elasticity.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Old 06-10-2009, 06:33 PM

Besides the rolling over in bed thing because my ligaments are all loose and painful, last night my wrist kept popping out of place! Why do the ligaments in my wrist have to get loose in order to birth a child!

And I second the bathroom door thing - why do they all open inwards??
Old 06-10-2009, 07:54 PM

When you cry for 30 minutes straight because the local sandwich shop didn't cook the roast beef WEEL DONE like your hubby asked, and when he finally brings it home to you the roll is all soaked in pinky red that means bloody meat and FOR G*D SAKES YOU CAN'T EAT THAT WHEN YOUR PREGNANT BECAUSE YOU WILL THROW UP AND IT'S "JUUUUSSSSSTTTTT.....SOOOOOOOO......GRRRROOOOOOOOO OOOSSSSSS.....*sob, choke, sob*" (<----those were my exact words for, like, 10 minutes) LOL!!!!!

Kier: wife to Jared, mama to Emma ('05), Savannah ('07), and our newest little love Reid (June 30, '09) -intact because of all of YOU! I had an ecstatic birth, at home in the water!

User Tag List