Starting a new "who's left" thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 88 Old 06-09-2009, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still here too!

Today, I'm 37+5 and my section is scheduled for a week from tomorrow. I've been trying to take it easy because as of last Friday, she was full-on breech. If I do go into labor on my own before the 17th....AND she miraculously turns head-down when I'm at the hospital, then I'll try for the natural delivery I was hoping for to begin with. Otherwise, I'll get to meet our princess a week from tomorrow night!

I've been having lots of really early labor signs, so I'm not ruling out an earlier delivery. We'll see.......

Shannon & Paul...married since 2000. Parents to Alexander Paul Martin - 30 October, 2003 Grace Elizabeth Maile - 12 June, 2009
#62 of 88 Old 06-09-2009, 04:56 PM

Here....no changes, mw doesn't do internals so I don't even have a clue if I'm dilating or effaced or what station the baby's at...

Kier: wife to Jared, mama to Emma ('05), Savannah ('07), and our newest little love Reid (June 30, '09) -intact because of all of YOU! I had an ecstatic birth, at home in the water!
#63 of 88 Old 06-09-2009, 07:55 PM

I had my 37 week mw appointment today, and everything is fine.. although I also have no idea how "close" I am to having this baby. I started taking EPO, and DH works out of town so the sex stuff is out until the weekend.

My doula mixed me up some Clary Sage oil today.. but I am not breaking it out until the weekend when DH will be home.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#64 of 88 Old 06-09-2009, 11:52 PM

what does the clary sage oil do?
#65 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 12:46 AM

I'm here. 38w4d.

Having a lot of BH and pressure on cervix, but otherwise nothing else going on...

{Partner to DH  and Former WOHM, now SAHM  to DD, DD , and DS } *** ***
#66 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 12:51 AM

I have decided to try some reverse psychology:

Dear Baby,

I love pregnancy. I hope to be pregnant for another month or two. Please don't spoil my plans. Stay in there indefinitely. Be cozy. Don't come out to meet us. I repeat: stay in.

Love, Your Mommy

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

#67 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaJean View Post
what does the clary sage oil do?
It's suppose to keep you in labor (or start labor if you are ready)

#68 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 01:05 AM

I had my 39 week appointment today and all looks well, although baby doesn't appear to be in any hurry. I don't do internal exams so no info there, but baby is head down and slowly dropping.

For some reason the baby has also been ridiculously active for the last couple days, but I doubt that means anything.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#69 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
For some reason the baby has also been ridiculously active for the last couple days, but I doubt that means anything.
Yeah, same here and I was getting excited thinking that maybe it was possibly a pre-labor sign...unfortunately when I asked about it the general consensus was that babies usually slow down with their movements prior to the onset of labor. Darn! I guess there's just really cramped quarters in there now so every little movement is obvious.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#70 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 01:26 AM

For the past month I've been eating sugar nonstop - candy, ice cream, ice cream, ice cream. I gained more than 2 lbs in one week! Does that mean I'm going to have a 10 lb baby? I swore I wouldn't eat any sugar after the baby is born because of my extreme susceptibility to yeast infections (which I think I have one now, too) . . . . grrr. . . . anyone else still eating junk food?

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
#71 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 01:30 AM

I don't think eating an excess of sugar or other junk food makes the baby fat-it'll just be you who gains weight unfortunately.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#72 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 01:33 AM

Another Q: Does anyone else still have heartburn coming and going?

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
#73 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I am experiencing this too - especially at night! I keep telling the baby, "there ya go, wiggle your way down there....come on"

Quote:
ice cream, ice cream, ice cream
I had lost weight at my last MW appointment but I have been eating a lot of ice cream since then...can't help it! I need to enjoy this waiting period too...

Quote:
Does anyone else still have heartburn coming and going?
Yep. Mine had greatly improved starting around 38 weeks - I felt better all around but this last week I am randomly getting reflux/heartburn in the middle of the night...can't figure that one out.

Feeling kinda down today. I know that it is completely normal that my baby isn't here yet (40w1d) but I we are just so ready for the baby, all of us! I think my biggest frustration is that my belly/body makes it hard to play with my son and it would much easier to do some things with this baby out than in at this point...the mental game at the end is just so frustrating. Definitely need to treat myself to something special today. Wish the sky wasn't so gray...
#74 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 09:43 AM

I'm off bed rest and my muscles don't work!!! I'm sore from head to toe - done't even notice the contractions because my feet, legs and shoulders hurt!!! It's a good thing thought because I want to get some muscle back!!! I'll need it soon. I don't even feel ready though - BH still, baby is slowing down it's movements, no more heart burn, lot's of energy, really annoyingly irritated by my sister who's helping out till Friday but that's it - no more discharge - I keep poking the baby to make sure it's still okay.....
I feel like this could last another month - besides my underused muscles and the BH - I don't really feel preg (until I tie my shoes or shave). I think the 26th will come and go and I'll still be here

still learning
#75 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 12:49 PM

I might not be "left" much longer...maybe maybe maybe...this morning I woke up around 5:15 with a backache and contrax about 7 mins apart, quite a bit of consistent blood-tinged mucus (still).

The contrax are different from BH because they are down low and my back is killing me (so much so that it's hard to tell when one stops/starts)

I think I am starting! I'm scared! And I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night...get your rest mamas!!!!!!! Don't make my mistake.

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

#76 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akichan View Post
All day, every day

#77 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 01:06 PM
ell

Quote:
Yep! although it is better than it was around 30 weeks, it's still there.
#78 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Coming yes, not really so much with the going-it's pretty much a constant these days. Zantac has become my friend just so I can manage to eat normally. And normally I hate taking any kind of medication (both prescription and OTC) but the reflux/heartburn have gotten so bad this time around that it was keeping me awake at night and I didn't feel like eating anything because I knew food would make it feel worse.

Beauchamp-sounds exciting!! Sending QLV your way!!

#79 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 02:33 PM

Im at 38 weeks 2 days. Fundus is measuring at 35 weeks, raising BP, and GBS + as of yesterday so mostly for my reassurance before our 1st birth and homebirth I will have an U/S and NST tomorrow or the next day.

I realize I should trust my body but after all of the news yesterday I need the little extra boost of confidence.

June 11 or 25th were the 2 days I had in mind..... we will see

Heartburn/Reflux- Is getting terrible again. I am on meds for Reflux but even they aren't working too well.

Sweets-
Now that I have only 2 or 3 weeks to go I have totally eased up on the militant diet. Sugarlicious!

Me (Mischa) and DH (Adam) 30, together since 2002
Middle of the road gal, open to new ideas
DS (Colben) June/09 by M/W, #2 due June/11
#80 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post

Mine too, see my thread In retrospect I think it was the weather. We had about 24 hours of really bad storms. Once they passed, babe settled right down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishWSU View Post
Yeah, same here and I was getting excited thinking that maybe it was possibly a pre-labor sign...unfortunately when I asked about it the general consensus was that babies usually slow down with their movements prior to the onset of labor. Darn! I guess there's just really cramped quarters in there now so every little movement is obvious.
I was getting hopeful and a bit anxious about that as well. Today babe is much quieter. Still moving enough to be reassuring, but not the constant rolling that had been going on.

Quote:
Um, yes. One word. Zantac. My new best friend.
#81 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

heartburn has been horrible. My MS came back too. I really, truly think God is doing this to me so that I will never regret this being my last pregnancy. Going out with a band in a sense.
#82 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 11:27 PM

Still here, lots of heartburn, craving junk food, tons of BH. Had my mw appointment today, they don't do any checks unless requested, I'm measuring 38 and I am 38w3d. Not doing any interventions beyond occasional pregnancy tea (when I remember to drink it), normal activity, still working FT and hoping every day will be my last!

ETA: Lost my mucous plug (or some of it) tonight, I think. Which means I should have the baby...sometime in June! LOL!

Tracey, mama of 5 beloved children here with me on Earth and one precious son I will meet again in Heaven 6/17/09 - 9/6/09.

#83 of 88 Old 06-10-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrogger View Post
heartburn has been horrible. My MS came back too. I really, truly think God is doing this to me so that I will never regret this being my last pregnancy. Going out with a band in a sense.
You and me both!

The nausea never stopped for me {the 'joy' of HG}, but now the sciatic pain is starting to wear me down. None of the usual tricks are working at all and any time I stand up or walk around my left side siezes up.

Adding to that is my ever climbing blood pressure.

I'm in no hurry for baby to be born. My due date is in 9 days, so there is still plenty of time. I am looking forward to all of these issues to stop though.
#84 of 88 Old 06-11-2009, 01:05 AM

heartburn is so bad here, too.

looking in the mirror tonight it looks like I've dropped a little.. and I noticed I waddle more when I walk.. I still have 2+ weeks left until EDD though.

#85 of 88 Old 06-11-2009, 03:17 AM

this baby is CRAZY active at night if I eat sugar. OH MY!!!!! And it lasts at least an hour, usually 2. Exhausting. I keep reminding myself that I'm happy to have a healthy active baby in there! And maybe tomorrow night I'll remember to not have a horrible snack before bed. I'd soooooooo love an "early" baby, but I doubt that's gonna happen!
#86 of 88 Old 06-11-2009, 09:05 AM

Last night before bed I said to DH "I haven't had any heartburn in a few days!"
Sure enough... at 3am I woke up with terrible heartburn

I'm not due for another 2.5 weeks, but every morning for the past 4-5 days I've woken up with bad cramps, almost like diarrhea.. (sorry TMI!) and have had very unpleasant trips to the bathroom. Seems like my body is clearing out... I don't remember this with DS, hopefully it means something but I'm not getting too excited yet

Amanda , mama to my two boys: N (10/06) and : A (7/09)
#87 of 88 Old 06-11-2009, 06:38 PM

Just had some pulled pork BBQ, hush puppies, chicken and dumplings, green beans, 7-layer salad, and congealed pineapple deeelight washed down with some sweet tea for lunch...lordy lordy it was fantastic.

...and NO heartburn! Strange!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#88 of 88 Old 06-11-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl2 View Post
Just had some pulled pork BBQ, hush puppies, chicken and dumplings, green beans, 7-layer salad, and congealed pineapple deeelight washed down with some sweet tea for lunch...lordy lordy it was fantastic.

...and NO heartburn! Strange!
You are clearly a girl after my own heart - YUM!!!

I'm hanging in as well but the reflux is still a beast. At least my HG has let up this pg around 37 weeks unlike with dd where it lasted till the bitter end with daily IV fluids for dehydration. I saw my MW on Wednesday and she said baby is perfectly positioned and I am doing great. My EDD is the 15th but for some reason I feel like baby is coming as a Father's Day gift to dh.. go figure. I am content though and have scheduled a massage for Sunday - I'd really like to go to it so I am hoping baby stays put!

Beth, Mama to my two nurslings, DD 2.22.07 and DS 6.20.09 Worn, Intact, CD, Unvaxed, Born at Home!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page