Membrane stripping - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-11-2009, 03:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is super interesting thread!

I am having my first sweep next Tuesday at 39 weeks if I am looking good to go. MW says that unless I am pretty much ready it won't do much the first time. I have an appointment with a surgeon (not pregnancy related) at 41.5 weeks that I cannot miss as it has been scheduled for months and months for an August surgery so we are trying to make sure I'll make it. I had hoped for no interventions but this is a better alternative than induction.

Me (Mischa) and DH (Adam) 30, together since 2002
Middle of the road gal, open to new ideas
DS (Colben) June/09 by M/W, #2 due June/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I should add that you are right, it usuallt does nto do much the first time. The only reason my mimdwives are being so aggressive with me right now (I think that's the right word) is bc I have a big baby, I really really really want to VBAC and the OB is pushing for c-sec. She (OB) is actually mroe worried about shoulder dystocia and stillbirth than rupture. The midwives are quite confident that I can do it, and are willing to go way out of their way to help me try.

Typically, they would do the stripping at one week intervals at your regular appts. Warning: if it is going to do any good, it is not painfree.

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

Old 06-11-2009, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am going for a VBAC too... and my OB is a tad worried about the size of this baby's head but is sure I can do it. Luckily our OBs here are awesome and have actually had patients complain because they are so resistent to schedule repeat c-sections!! I think I am having my membranes stripped again today though... we are hoping this baby can be out before DH has to go to the field...

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10

User Tag List