Anyone not doing any interventions for labor? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 06-11-2009, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
IndianaMomToBe, I would be honored to show my hooha to Ina Mae and the others at the Farm!! I re-read some Spiritual Midwifery this weekend.

Here's what we are doing as far as interventions:
Each other (harhar!)
EPO
RRL Tea

I march across the pool, but that's not really induction method per se. It just feels good.

My DH is terrified of the giant plastic crochet-looking hook that is used to break the water bag. He saw it one week in our Bradley class and he says that thing shows up in his nightmares!!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#32 of 34 Old 06-12-2009, 12:12 AM

Can I just say that I LOVE my MW?! We saw her today and she never once even mentioned anything about trying "things" to get labor going (I'm now 40w4d) or the need for NSTs or anything like that. I even brought up getting membranes stripped (not that I wanted it, but that I had read that it seems to either not work at all or set you up for a long labor) and she said she won't do it because her OB did it with her 2nd and ended up breaking her water in the process so she had a pit induction. She just said that some babies take longer to cook and we just have to keep on waiting. This is also my exact thoughts on it and it's so wonderful to have a care provider who thinks the same way!

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#33 of 34 Old 06-12-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelsMommy View Post
That is awesome! How far away is that from Indiana?
It is about 4 hours away but well worth it in my opinion. :-P
#34 of 34 Old 06-13-2009, 06:59 PM

I was also just thinking that it really makes no sense for me to wonder about it this early (38weeks) since my MW does not do any sort of internal exams. The only one I know that they do for sure is when you get to the birth center in labor just to check out things. There are 5 MW in the group and I love how each one says that numbers are just that--numbers--and they don't mean a thing as far as how soon the baby's coming. They're really trying to get away from the idea that you are "only" at 5cm since dilation can be very fast!!

I think this will work really well for me because I don't necessarily want to know so it doesn't mess with my head.

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page