Baby movement- what is this baby DOING? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 06-09-2009, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Babe has been vertex with back to my left side for WEEKS now. This evening I felt hiccups in a different location and it kind of freaked me out. I realized babe had flipped so back was on my right side. This was around 9pm. For the past 5 hours, this kid has been flipping from side to side. It's seriously making me anxious! Babe was in perfect position earlier. Why move? And why now? In the middle of the freaking night so I can't sleep?

I honestly can't tell if this baby is even vertex anymore. Lumps and bumps all in strange (to me) places.
#2 of 12 Old 06-09-2009, 03:04 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Mine did the same thing a couple weeks ago, and she does it every now and then, but she always ends up back in her original position. Hopefully the same will go with your LO. If you get too worried, ask your cp. I hate when I don;t know where she is... Flippy baby- that's her nickname!
s mama

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#3 of 12 Old 06-09-2009, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. . . although sorry to see you awake and no baby!! I've been thinking about you!

I don't think I'd be worried if baby had been doing this all along. Things have been pretty quite since he/she settled into a vertex position from breech around 33-34 weeks. Up until that point there had been a lot of movement, but most recently just the kicks and punches, not the rolling back and forth.

Oh well. I thought first kids were supposed to cause all the grief and worry? I should be more relaxed with this one, right?
#4 of 12 Old 06-09-2009, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post
Oh well. I thought first kids were supposed to cause all the grief and worry? I should be more relaxed with this one, right?
I wish! I had NO anxieties or worries with DS, this one however- non-stop! I feel your pain!!
Yeah the new movement can be nerve-wracking. She had me all worried something was wrong, but so far so good. As long as your LO is still moving, I would feel comfort in that. BUT- I am not one to talk I guess- I'm constantly grabbing my doppler and checking her heart...

Try to rest, I'm sorry you are awake right now! I'm going to try to go to bed now, but I will check up on you first thing tomorrow!! Thinking relaxing thoughts for you tonight!

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#5 of 12 Old 06-09-2009, 04:19 AM

I am totally more worried with this baby....so strange.

My babe has been switching left and right all along though I assume it is getting quite crowded in there. The baby has been extremely active lately, just wiggling about like crazy so I keep telling him or her just to come on out....there is so much more room out here to stretch out!

Hope you both managed to get some sleep....or went into labor!
#6 of 12 Old 06-09-2009, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I got a little sleep. Not much. Between the flipping back and forth and feeling like baby wanted to crawl out my cervix, I just could not relax. Baby is settled now, but I have no idea what position. I see the chiro this morning, maybe that will loosen things up and help babe get back into the proper position?

One can hope, right?
#7 of 12 Old 06-09-2009, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I felt Timothy flip from my right side to complete anterior (his back was smack dab in the middle) about 5 days before he was born. It was a weird feeling! He stayed there though. Didn't flip back and forth.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#8 of 12 Old 06-09-2009, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boscopup View Post
I felt Timothy flip from my right side to complete anterior (his back was smack dab in the middle) about 5 days before he was born. It was a weird feeling! He stayed there though. Didn't flip back and forth.
I wish this one would stay put. It's getting highly annoying now. Things settled a bit this morning, but babe is back to moving all over the place. It's really uncomfortable. I've managed to convince myself baby is still head down, just flipping from right to left. I hope that's the case. The chiro said my pelvis is in good shape, no knots or anything else to prevent baby from getting into optimal position.

Maybe it's just the weather? Lots of storms last night and again this afternoon.

I'm also having a lot of mucous discharge, so that makes me wonder if something is getting started. But I'm only 38 weeks tomorrow. Seems a bit early.

Baby is makin' me crazy!!
#9 of 12 Old 06-09-2009, 05:18 PM

Zander flipped all over the place up until his birth. I seriously could NOT figure out what was where -- only that it would change all the time. He kept doing something that would make my entire belly be this crazy square shape. Funny thing, when he came out we could see what he was doing to get that shape -- legs crossed with one foot folded under and knees wide spread!

My first son was content in his position at the end, it was really wild to have a mover for the second!

Erin sharing life with a burly husband and two rad boys 7/06 & 5/09 : : Zone 9-ish
#10 of 12 Old 06-09-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post
Maybe it's just the weather? Lots of storms last night and again this afternoon.

I'm also having a lot of mucous discharge, so that makes me wonder if something is getting started. But I'm only 38 weeks tomorrow. Seems a bit early.

Baby is makin' me crazy!!
Baby moved a lot during the storms we had here- so that may be a possibility..
And 38 weeks isn't too early for spontaneous labor. I would be comfortable delivering that early.
Either way mama, I hope you find some time to relax, and that LO settles down for you.
Continuing to think of you!!

#11 of 12 Old 06-09-2009, 07:22 PM

a slight hi-jack, but did you guys decide on a name?

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
#12 of 12 Old 06-09-2009, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclady View Post
a slight hi-jack, but did you guys decide on a name?
I think so!

We have two options for a girl and pretty much only one left for a boy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page