I just realized... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-11-2009, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That I have absolutely *no* nursing clothing! I'm so completely unprepared for this baby it's not funny...

Ugh. My biggest problem is that my favorite nursing clothing store moved to the east side of the state and they won't do in-state, online orders. UGH! They were the only place I could find good quality, plus-sized nursing wear.

Now I'm going to have to wait until payday next Wed. to buy anything online, and then who knows if it'll get here before I have the baby.

I'm planning on having the baby at home, but I have an induction scheduled for the 24th because of my diabetic status... if he comes early I can at least stay around the house and nurse him in whatever I'm wearing. If I need to go out though, it's gonna be t-shirts...so much for discreetness!

I also haven't packed a hospital bag, since the plan is to have the baby at home. But if that doesn't happen, what in the heck am I gonna bring with me?

See, this is what happens when you think that your fertility days are over and get rid of all of your stuff!
#2 of 11 Old 06-11-2009, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Are you close to a Target? I got a few nursing tanks and they are actually not bad at all. Maybe it is enough to get you through, otherwise I just use a tee shirt and who cares what other people see.
#3 of 11 Old 06-11-2009, 05:24 PM

I don't have any nursing clothes either... not sure how long I plan to nurse this time (which is a whole nother kettle of fish) so I don't want to buy anything till I figure out if this baby is going to be an easy nursling or a nursling from h*** like DS was. I haven't packed a bag either...

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#4 of 11 Old 06-11-2009, 05:50 PM

I NEVER had any special nursing clothing last time (nursed for 2.5 years). Only my nursing bras!

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#5 of 11 Old 06-11-2009, 05:53 PM

Eh, I never liked nursing clothes. I had a few shirts that I used a bit with my son, but honestly I preferred just hiking up the shirt

I did buy one nursing tank this time, just to see if I like it. We'll see. I wouldn't sweat it.

I do have a bag packed. Have for a couple of weeks. Nothing special in there though. A couple large t-shirts, nursing bra, change of clothes for me and DH, and some bathroom supplies. Oh, and a baby outfit. That's it!
#6 of 11 Old 06-11-2009, 06:12 PM

Oh crap, good point. Thanks for the reminder. The only nursing bras I have are the ones I bought nearly four years ago and they're on their last legs. I need to get on that!

I don't usually bother with special nursing shirts; I just wear things that are comfortable for lifting. But a good bra is worth a boob weight in gold.
#7 of 11 Old 06-11-2009, 06:15 PM

i never wore nursing tops either -- i actually haven't even used nursing bras with the last two! just pulled up my tshirt and pulled down the top of my underwire (victoria secret) bra and put baby on! i will say that this occasionally shows a lot more tummy and side fat than i'm strictly comfortable with, tho.

what is the name of the store you loved? i may have just talked myself into investing in a piece or two.....

busy mama to four
: : : :
#8 of 11 Old 06-11-2009, 08:19 PM

No nursing clothing (or even bras!) here either. And I've been nursing for the past six years, pretty much straight through!

I do really enjoy the bella band that I've had since my second pregnancy, though. It kind of turns everything into nursing clothing . . .

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#9 of 11 Old 06-11-2009, 09:26 PM

I got my 3xl nursing tank from LLL in the mail today and hallelujah it fits my enormous booooobs! YAY!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#10 of 11 Old 06-11-2009, 09:37 PM

Super easy nursing shirt and tank ideas, some- no sewing

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/index.html

http://www.undercovermama.com/FAQ_s.html

Me (Mischa) and DH (Adam) 30, together since 2002
Middle of the road gal, open to new ideas
DS (Colben) June/09 by M/W, #2 due June/11
#11 of 11 Old 06-12-2009, 10:17 AM

I ended up using my husband's button down shirt, and my one bra that clips in the front at the hospital. Since I've been home it's been either that bra and whatever shirt or the one nursing tank I bought from Motherhood Neither Old Navy here has nursing tanks anymore.

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page