Best White Noise/Baby Calmer Ever! - Mothering Forums
June 2009 > Best White Noise/Baby Calmer Ever!
kamane18's Avatar kamane18 12:25 PM 06-12-2009
LOL so last night around 8:30 pm DS was being fussy. I was about to feed him but had to tell DH something first - so I took DS downstairs where DH was running on the treadmill. Immediately DS calmed down and within seconds he was resting on my arm and a funny calm happy look came over his face. About a minute later he started dozing off! I know white noise is good for babies and my mom is bringing over a white noise machine today and I know babies often like the vacuum, hair dryer, etc but I never thought of the treadmill. But it really was the perfect mixture of sound of thumping (like heartbeat) and whooshing like blood volume, etc. We should tape it!

DS isn't colicky (at least not yet, fingers crossed) but I imagine it would really come in handy if he were!

akichan's Avatar akichan 02:30 PM 06-12-2009
Yay for finding something that works for you!

Unfortunately, what works today doesn't always work tomorrow. But if it does for you, that's great!
KarlaC's Avatar KarlaC 08:08 PM 06-12-2009
Hah, that's awesome. Now you can have dh running whenever you want "But honey it makes the baby go to sleep"
because's Avatar because 08:43 PM 06-12-2009
When DS1 was crabby, I used to sling him and very carefully walk on our treadmill. Movement + noise = happy baby!
apparitions's Avatar apparitions 10:47 PM 06-12-2009
Lucas sleeps with the radio on.

I asked DH if we should switch it to Classical instead of playing that popular crap but neither of us can stand to listen to the classical over the monitor!! haha
goin' green's Avatar goin' green 12:40 AM 06-13-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
When DS1 was crabby, I used to sling him and very carefully walk on our treadmill. Movement + noise = happy baby!
I did that with my son too! Only problem was, he was born June 29 in AZ, so I was always SOOO hot carrying him (even in our a/c house!).

We still put DS to bed with a noisemaker. But we also use one in our room (more my husband's "need"). He needs noise of some kind...fan, etc.
Up