Nausea before labour?- UPDATE it was labour - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 06-13-2009, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like I have been asking a ton of questions lately but this is my first and I feel a little lost.

I am having MAJOR Braxton Hicks for the last 3 hours and am a wee bit crampy- not pain just occasionally uncomfortable.The big thing is I am actually nauseous after not a lick of it all pregnancy. Is it possible for BH to cause nausea? Baby is low (it feels like it is in my butt ) and I know nausea is common during transition but how about prior to labour? Here's to hoping!

Me (Mischa) and DH (Adam) 30, together since 2002
Middle of the road gal, open to new ideas
DS (Colben) June/09 by M/W, #2 due June/11
#2 of 12 Old 06-13-2009, 08:36 AM

yes, i would say that you can feel nauseous any time during labor, even early labor! particularly if it is accompanied by crampiness or diarrhea...

i think duration is probably the key, though. how are you feeling now, mama?

busy mama to four
: : : :
#3 of 12 Old 06-13-2009, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerin View Post
yes, i would say that you can feel nauseous any time during labor, even early labor! particularly if it is accompanied by crampiness or diarrhea...

i think duration is probably the key, though. how are you feeling now, mama?
Update I think I am having contractions(? ) Nausea is gone I think I slept it off. I am being woken up by what can be described as a peroid cramp/back pain. It is coming every 5 or mins (not timing yet) but the actual duration is less than 30 sec. It woke me up a while ago but I forced myself back to sleep. At this point although mild I don't think there is enough time in between to sleep.

Heres another one!

.....nausea is back

#4 of 12 Old 06-13-2009, 09:58 AM

I've had two false labors that started like this and lasted a whole day before fizzing out at bed time. Man did it get my hopes up. First time was two weeks ago and then again last week. I have my fingers crossed for you.
#5 of 12 Old 06-13-2009, 10:06 AM

I've had this for over 2 weeks now. I HOPE, for your sake, that this is real!!! Keep us posted and I'll be sending baby/labor vibes to you!!!
#6 of 12 Old 06-13-2009, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic Chrissy View Post
I've had two false labors that started like this and lasted a whole day before fizzing out at bed time. Man did it get my hopes up. First time was two weeks ago and then again last week. I have my fingers crossed for you.
That's why I am leaving DH and my birth partner in bed I have taken the dog for a walk and am now bouncing ... (contraction break) on yoga ball

Contractions have gone from 5 to 4 min in between and 45 sec to 1min in length. My midwife says call when: 3-2-1 but dammit I can't remember what the 321 is!!!! I think it is 3 mins apart, 2 minutes long, for 1 hour? Does that sound right?

#7 of 12 Old 06-13-2009, 02:39 PM

Hmm, 3 minutes apart for an hour sounds right, but I'm not sure about the 2 minutes long-that seems like a really long contraction! I'd say call her when you really have to start breathing and concentrating through them. But it does sound like things are getting going for you!! I hope you're holding your LO by nightfall!

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#8 of 12 Old 06-13-2009, 02:39 PM

I haven't heard that 321 but I would assume, 3 minutes apart for 2 hours lasting 1 minute. I don't know that I have ever had a contraction last 2 minutes unless I was induced with pitocin.
#9 of 12 Old 06-13-2009, 03:00 PM

Yay! I'm so excited for you! This sounds like it's it!!!
#10 of 12 Old 06-16-2009, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. Colben Hunter was born at 5:50pm on Saturday. We ended up at the hospital with a a theraputic epi on advicde of MW as at 4cm at hour 4pm I had swollen cervix, puking, pushy and not full thined, and completely out of control. In 20mins I went from 4 to 10 cm once epi administered! once pushing it was confirmed membranes were still intact and it was a compound presentation (hands with head). Not the homebirth I had hoped for and definitely not my finest hour (take. me. to. the. hospital. now! ) but I like to think of it as home labour (80% of it)/ hospital birth (20% of it)

Thanks ladies for your support

photos: http://teammaab.blogspot.com/2009/06...g-is-born.html

#11 of 12 Old 06-16-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischa.simpson View Post
Thanks everyone. Colben Hunter was born at 5:50pm on Saturday. We ended up at the hospital with a a theraputic epi on advicde of MW as at 4cm at hour 4pm I had swollen cervix, puking, pushy and not full thined, and completely out of control. In 20mins I went from 4 to 10 cm once epi administered! once pushing it was confirmed membranes were still intact and it was a compound presentation (hands with head). Not the homebirth I had hoped for and definitely not my finest hour (take. me. to. the. hospital. now! ) but I like to think of it as home labour (80% of it)/ hospital birth (20% of it)

Thanks ladies for your support

photos: http://teammaab.blogspot.com/2009/06...g-is-born.html
Congrats!! :

Sahm to 2 girls (17 & 15)& Cody (7/09).
#12 of 12 Old 06-16-2009, 11:46 AM

Our labors sound similar. MY first, it was JUST like this.

I DID have contractions lasting 3 minutes long at home. They were AWFUL.

You did great mama. COngratulations.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page