Pregnant Flag Day-Summer Solstice (June 14-21) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 06-14-2009, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilll here!!

Celebrating Flag Day by going to a small little town 45 minutes away for a cookout with DH's extended family. That will be the last time I travel other than 40 minutes in the OTHER direction to the birth center! We're going ahead and going since I have no signs of labor.

Don't worry, we won't get mad at you if you have to leave this thread because you gave birth this week

Every single morning when I wake up I feel like someone has put me on the inner thigh machine at the gym all night and then punched me from the inside repeatedly over my hooha. After I hobble in to the bathroom, I am rewarded for my pain by the flameshits (that's what they smell like). Guess my body's getting ready, huh? Surely this isn't normal!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#2 of 32 Old 06-14-2009, 12:58 PM

I'm still here but will be leaving one way or another on the 18th as that is the little booger butt's eviction date. I am totally hoping and praying it is sooner though!!!! I have had the flame shits going on too... definitely not one of my favorite things.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#3 of 32 Old 06-14-2009, 01:10 PM

Still here too! Every night my hip pain gets worse (it's more whole leg pain than hip pain as I feel it all the way to my ankles, but no sign that baby is in any kind of rush. Summer Solstice is just over 41 weeks for me, so I'm hoping baby shows up by then.

Other than that, I just found out that my MIL is sort of expecting to be at the birth, and that just isn't happening, but I hate to disappoint her. My SIL just had her baby yesterday, and she had a C-section, so I'm hoping MIL stays to help her out for another week or so, and maybe we can just have the baby before she gets here.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#4 of 32 Old 06-14-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl2 View Post
Every single morning when I wake up I feel like someone has put me on the inner thigh machine at the gym all night and then punched me from the inside repeatedly over my hooha.
I could not have described this feeling any better except I feel it mostly at night, less in the morning. Today I'm feeling pretty good, yesterday I was sore and miserable. It goes in phases like this for me. I expect to be here the entire week, hoping for a birth next weekend- I've thought the dates from the 20th to the 22nd all along, so we'll see! I'm "due" the 24th.

I'm trying to stay busy with the intention of thinking of anything OTHER than the birth. Yesterday I had my first ever pedicure, and it was so distracting that I seriously didn't think about the baby once for an hour Tonight I have a date with DH (hired a sitter for our son) and Tuesday I have another massage scheduled. Gotta work on the rest of the week now.

I have a feeling there will be LOTS of babies born this week!! Can't wait!!
#5 of 32 Old 06-14-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post

I'm trying to stay busy with the intention of thinking of anything OTHER than the birth. Yesterday I had my first ever pedicure, and it was so distracting that I seriously didn't think about the baby once for an hour Tonight I have a date with DH (hired a sitter for our son) and Tuesday I have another massage scheduled. Gotta work on the rest of the week now.
That sounds nice! I need a pedi soooo badly! It took so much energy to just clip my toenails!

DH and I are going on a date to the movies tonight.. and Gramma will watch DS1. It will probably be the last time in a year we get to go to the movies. I can't wait until my boys are old enough to sit through a movie!!

No signs of labor starting here. I am 37 weeks and 5 days.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#6 of 32 Old 06-14-2009, 02:37 PM

Still here, and not doing well emotionally. I hit 41 weeks tomorrow, have sciatica, SPD, I'm so off-balance I just almost fell down half a flight of stairs, and I'm a hormonal wreck.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#7 of 32 Old 06-14-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Still here, and not doing well emotionally. I hit 41 weeks tomorrow, have sciatica, SPD, I'm so off-balance I just almost fell down half a flight of stairs, and I'm a hormonal wreck.

#8 of 32 Old 06-14-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
That sounds nice! I need a pedi soooo badly! It took so much energy to just clip my toenails!
I know!! I need a shave I can only reach from my knees down. . . everything else? Not so much. DH won't help, he's worried he'll cut me.

I wanted to try a bikini wax while I was at the pedi place yesterday but chickened out. I've never had a wax either, and don't want to start now when everything is all swollen and more tender, ya know? But yea, personal hygiene is getting more and more difficult
#9 of 32 Old 06-14-2009, 03:40 PM

I am hoping my babe comes sometime this week...I hit 41 weeks Tuesday! Things are definitely moving in the right direction as in contractions are getting more intense and I am having more and more signs that labor is approaching but who knows when! It is quite warm here today so I hope this babe comes out before it gets too hot...

We went for a long hike today hoping that would continue the forward movement and felt the forest was the best place to stay cool. My contractions definitely make me stop in my place so I am hoping that now that my son is bed in the evening they might pick up a bit...going to enjoy a popsicle or two to cool off!
#10 of 32 Old 06-14-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post
I know!! I need a shave I can only reach from my knees down. . . everything else? Not so much. DH won't help, he's worried he'll cut me.

I wanted to try a bikini wax while I was at the pedi place yesterday but chickened out. I've never had a wax either, and don't want to start now when everything is all swollen and more tender, ya know? But yea, personal hygiene is getting more and more difficult
My DH wouldn't mind helping me in that area, for sure It's my feet and ankles I am having a hard time with!

I've gotten a bikini wax a couple times, and I don't like it.. OUCH! I'd rather be crazy hairy for a few more weeks than go through that again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahwg View Post
I am hoping my babe comes sometime this week...I hit 41 weeks Tuesday! Things are definitely moving in the right direction as in contractions are getting more intense and I am having more and more signs that labor is approaching but who knows when! It is quite warm here today so I hope this babe comes out before it gets too hot...

We went for a long hike today hoping that would continue the forward movement and felt the forest was the best place to stay cool. My contractions definitely make me stop in my place so I am hoping that now that my son is bed in the evening they might pick up a bit...going to enjoy a popsicle or two to cool off!
Sounds promising!!!!

#11 of 32 Old 06-14-2009, 07:17 PM

I'm still here and 38 weeks today. I am now officially on maternity leave, and I am so excited that I don't have to go to work this week!

I have pretty much given up on shaving. I'm certainly not shaving anything I can't see! When I wear dresses or shorts I sort of swipe at the exposed parts of my legs with the razor and hope I don't leave any large tracks of hair. I gave up caring about my bikini line a long time ago. I swim at an indoor women's only pool at my gym that is not crowded, so I don't worry about showing too much bikini line. Anyway, I think the little skirt on my suit pretty much covers it. Frankly, I'm not exactly sure, as it's been quite a while since I've seen that area.

DH really wants the baby to be born on the Solstice/Father's Day. It would be a cool birthday. I am looking forward to not being pregnant anymore with all these third trimester aches and pains I've got going on, but I'm a little nervous about actually having Baby on the outside to take care of. As excited as I am, I think I have a few first time mom jitters!

Mama to my sweet girl born at home 6/09
#12 of 32 Old 06-14-2009, 09:05 PM

I'm still here. Not surprised at all. I'm getting a ton of round ligament pain and it's driving me CRAZY! No SPD this time around, so I'm happy there...

I'm 39w today. Baby's eviction date is 6/24. I'm hoping he decides to come early since I hate inductions, but at the same time I have *so* much to do yet that it might be nice to have the actual 10 days to complete everything.

My mom and aunt are flying up on the 22nd. The kids get out of school on the 23rd. I still have to put the cabinet doors up on the kitchen cabinets and paint the dining room. I'm making the little kids clean up their rooms today...ugh, that is *so* not going well!

Anyone know how to train an almost year-old cat to actually *use* the litter box? Stupid cat's gonna get sent to the humane society in a minute!

I'm doing power laundry this week. It's crazy how many pieces of clothing my kids have under their beds that I never knew existed! Oh yeah, and I have to clean *my* bedroom too. It's supposed to be my sanctuary after the baby's born and it looks more like a garbage dump right now!

I'm tired.
#13 of 32 Old 06-14-2009, 09:17 PM

I keep getting shooting pains in my thighs. anyone else experiencing this???

#14 of 32 Old 06-15-2009, 08:08 AM

Still here and not that happy about it I'm due the 20th so I hope to deliver in this window! I do love reading everyone's birth announcements and seeing baby pics - can't be too much longer!

Tracey, mama of 5 beloved children here with me on Earth and one precious son I will meet again in Heaven 6/17/09 - 9/6/09.

#15 of 32 Old 06-15-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Shooting pains? Occasionally. I have very sore, achy muscles in my inner and outer thighs though- and can't figure out why? It seems an odd place to be having discomfort.
#16 of 32 Old 06-17-2009, 02:59 AM - Thread Starter

Ahh, preggo insomnia. At least I can sleep all day tomorrow, but I *would* like to sleep at night!!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#17 of 32 Old 06-17-2009, 03:38 AM

I'm with you pearl2. I have something going on with my outer thighs - they woke me up feeling sore - I just wanted to sleep, LOL.

Beth, Mama to my two nurslings, DD 2.22.07 and DS 6.20.09 Worn, Intact, CD, Unvaxed, Born at Home!
#18 of 32 Old 06-17-2009, 11:25 AM

I'm 38 weeks and 1 day. Had a mw appt yesterday.. baby's head is just slightly in my pelvis- I've still got some time. I really want to have a summer solstice baby!

#19 of 32 Old 06-17-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Yes, in my inner thighs, especially if I sit too long on something hard.

I have one wonderful husband and one wonderful little toddler boy!
#20 of 32 Old 06-17-2009, 12:00 PM

I woke up early (3:30 am) to pee, again, and felt period-like cramps for an hour or so afterward. It was constant, not coming and going. I got up to see DH off to work and then went back to bed and slept another hour. I feel slightly off this morning, a touch of nausea, lots of lower back tension. I hope this is a sign that something will happen in the next few days! I've been saying and thinking all along that this baby would arrive sometime this coming weekend- the 20th-22nd ish. We'll see! Maybe it's just wishful thinking though. I am 39 weeks today. My son was born 4 days "early" but I know that does not mean much.

Anyway, still here and hopeful!
#21 of 32 Old 06-17-2009, 12:25 PM

: that it means something for you Voltige! Unfortunately I felt like that most of Monday, and then was fine yesterday and so far this morning. I think it was just the baby moving down a little further and shifting positions a bit.

I'm making an appointment with a reflexologist tomorrow, so maybe that will get things going. At the very least, it should be nice to get a foot massage!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#22 of 32 Old 06-17-2009, 12:26 PM

I was pretty sure I had something going on this morning when I kept waking up and then it all seemed to peter out when I had to get dd up and dressed this morning. I am only 2 days past my EDD so not too bad, but I am hopeful something is beginning to rev up.

Beth, Mama to my two nurslings, DD 2.22.07 and DS 6.20.09 Worn, Intact, CD, Unvaxed, Born at Home!
#23 of 32 Old 06-17-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post

I'm making an appointment with a reflexologist tomorrow, so maybe that will get things going. At the very least, it should be nice to get a foot massage!
I have a chart of the put-me-into-labor points on the body and going to have DH give me a nice long clary-sage oil massage

#24 of 32 Old 06-17-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
: that it means something for you Voltige! Unfortunately I felt like that most of Monday, and then was fine yesterday and so far this morning. I think it was just the baby moving down a little further and shifting positions a bit.

Yes, the baby has definitely been shifting around A LOT. All afternoon yesterday and again early this morning. My babe is still posterior, so I've been trying to get him/her to turn with little luck. Hopefully it will happen in labor.

I ate lunch and feel fine now, so I don't expect anything soon. I'm reading too much into all these little "symptoms" because I think this labor will be FAST. I need to just chill and stop thinking about it. It's easier said than done!

I have a play group scheduled tomorrow and a friend who does reflexology will be there- she's already offered to work on my feet. We'll have to see if it helps either one of us get going!
#25 of 32 Old 06-17-2009, 02:02 PM

I had crampy contractions on and off last week, and was hoping it meant something. But, nope.
It's wierd, because ds was born at 38w, so by this time in my pg with ds I wasn't pg anymore. lol.
I'm still hoping that he's born sometime this week. Ideally not within a day or two of the 22nd- that's my neice's b-day, and it would interfere with b-day parties
His head is engaged, but not dropped yet. The m/w said he was on the way to dropping- whatever that means. hehe

My current prediction is the 17th-19th. After that...hmmm...I guess maybe the 27th? (It would have been the 21st, but that's not convenient. And we all know that babies come when it's most convenient )

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#26 of 32 Old 06-17-2009, 03:06 PM

New moon is on the 22nd.. I was born on a new moon and DS1 was born on a new moon.

The full moon is July 7th.. I don't want to wait that long!

#27 of 32 Old 06-17-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
New moon is on the 22nd.. I was born on a new moon and DS1 was born on a new moon.

The full moon is July 7th.. I don't want to wait that long!
Me either!! But the new moon/solstice would be nice! I am still hoping for before then though - starting to feel like a watched pot with the barrage of phone calls. I know people are excited but its stressful.

I am going to go help sort for our produce co-op tomorrow and I am sure to get tons of comments there.

Anyone have a list of the reflexology points? I know a couple of them but I am sure there are more. Hmm maybe I should try and find a reflexologist here.

#28 of 32 Old 06-17-2009, 06:23 PM

I'm at 38.5 weeks, no signs of baby coming soon (dr. says that the baby has not dropped). That's OK with me. I haven't been gaining any weight for the last month- I think I've been eating pretty healthy/often, but I'm trying to increase the snacking a bit just in case. Think I can gain 5 lbs. in the next 2 weeks (if baby isn't born by then?)? Probably not reasonable, but 2 or 3 would be great.

Unrelated note: I am super excited to go to the farmer's market this afternoon- just learned today that I'm eligible to get produce there through WIC.

I have one wonderful husband and one wonderful little toddler boy!
#29 of 32 Old 06-17-2009, 09:37 PM

So, despite all intentions otherwise, I asked my midwife to check me and do a membrane sweep if possible. Turns out I'm just a fingertip dilated, but cervix is shortening nicely and baby's head is low. I know none of this actually means anything, but I really want to do anything natural I can to avoid risking out of a homebirth at 42 weeks. On the plus side, I'm happy to report that my midwife is very gentle and the whole process was painless.

#30 of 32 Old 06-18-2009, 09:30 AM

Carlin - I hope things get started for you!

Still here at 40 weeks and 3 days - I plan on heading to the pool shortly as the heat and humidity here are supposed to be bad today. I hope we see some babies from this group today/tonight!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page