Official "I'm still pregnant" Whine Thread! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Because I know I'm whiny right now. And looking at all the new baby posts makes me nothing but jealous for all these lucky mamas! So, for therapeutic purposes, go nuts and get all whiny.

And, because I'm a Bitter Betty today, you get kicked out once you deliver. Preggos only! Ha!

Anyway. I slept maybe 3 hours last night. DD was up and kicking (quite literally, actually a few times she got my head) most of the night too. DH and DD are still sleeping, all snuggly and cute, while I go whining and trudging off to work, where at least 5 people will say to me "are you still here?" Like I'm a mirage or something. One will comment on how big I am, and I will be tempted to smack at least 3 people (typically people in traffic).
#2 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 10:04 AM

I feel so bad because I have it so great and am still whiny, with out being horomonal if that makes any sense. Yeah I've had it so easy I'm not even hormonal, or uncomfortable, or anything more than a little bit slower. So it makes me feel bad for a ll the mommas with a reason to want to be done.

Tomorrow is my due date and everyone is so excited and wants this baby out. Personally I've been completely prepared on almost every level for this homebirth for about 3 weeks, but hey the babe will come when he is done right? Right. I'd rather not know the date today, just like I never know the date any other day, just do what I do and when labor starts great.

But every single person is on the edge of their seat, and if the baby doesn't come by midnight tomorrow they are all going to fall from their anticipation. Even though I don't really care I'm slowly being sucked in.

But here I am not even talked to anyone but DH(who really wants babe out), fueling my own fire before the day even begins. But it is so hard with all the threads about arrivals, and how quickly they started popping up even before June started.

I think I have to turn my computer off until Labor actually begins and gets established. But it's so hard! Can't reach power button!
#3 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 10:11 AM

I'm still here. I'm due on Thursday and can honestly say I don't think anything's going to happen. I'm a little bitter as everyone around me that's due after me has their little ones already. My little guy who's been trying to come early for months has apparently got the hang of this gestating thing. I'm having a few contractions here and there but nothing to get excited about. What can I say...I'm a little bummed.

dreads.gif  ribbonyellow.gif Proud Army Wife to DH ribbonyellow.gif  mama to one busy boy blahblah.gif and his dog2.gif  
#4 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 10:49 AM

I'm super jealous of all the baby posts since I'm already a week past my due date! Plus the three folks at work (wives and/or daughters of coworkers, I work w/ pretty much all men ) I knew of who were due around me all also have their babies. Granted, two were c-sections, so at 37wks, which I wouldn't want, but still its odd to think I've now been pregnant a FULL month longer than they were! The other one just happened to go two weeks early despite it being her first

I'm just nervous about being induced on Sat if I *don't* go into labor. I am still comfortable and wouldn't be whiny at all if it wasn't for that, actually. I really want a fully natural labor! I feel so rushed and more late now that there's this 'cutoff' I guess.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#5 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 11:03 AM

I am pretty sure I am going to have this baby in the next few days....I must! I am having really strong contractions, lots of bloody show but nothing is consistent. Sometimes the contractions are 5 min apart, 1 min long for an hour and then they slow down to 45 secs and 12 min apart. I can't seem to find a rhythm and/or ritual yet and it is driving me crazy....this can't go on for days can it?!!!

I seem to make the most progress while sitting on the toilet so I may just continue to stay there if I can deal with it and if I can get off in time to make it to the maternity...

I want to be kicked out of this group...sorry ladies...

@SEAFOX I am 40w6d today and it is driving me crazy that everyone who was due after me has already had their babies....argh!
#6 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 11:35 AM

While I'm not in constant pain, my whine is that I feel like everyone's playing a game of Pregnancy Newborn (like a kickball team) and I am the last to be chosen for the big game. I'm still standing in line and everyone else has already gotten picked. I *just* turned 38 weeks this past Saturday, and the only thing I have to get excited about are my foul-smelling shits.

I get a fake panic that I will be left behind in the DDC!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#7 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 12:40 PM

I'm only 38 weeks today, so I'm not expecting labor anytime soon..... in fact I am coming to accept that I will likely be one of the very last "June" mamas to meet my baby. I'm trying to be patient! Still not *too* uncomfortable. Sleeping is hard. Back pains and heartburn. Trying to enjoy these last couple of weeks with just my DS.... before he has to share me.

And I'll just say that I've *tried* very hard to eat healthy this whole pregnancy. I've done a much better job than last time. But now that I'm at the end..... all I want to do is eat junk. Ugh.

Amanda , mama to my two boys: N (10/06) and : A (7/09)
#8 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 12:44 PM

I'm still here and very whiney... almost to the I give up, this baby is never coming out point. I realize this is entirely untrue and he WILL come out one way or another but... BLARGH!!!!

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#9 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 12:56 PM

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow.. It's hard to be "due" at the end of the month and see everyone else have their babies!

I realized, though, that I have one major important thing to do before baby comes.. I HAVE TO go take my math placement test for college so that I can enroll in my math class next fall. I've put it off for 2 years now, and I would really like to be done with my AS degree by next spring. I can't take that test with a newborn in tow... so anytime after that baby is welcome to come!!!

We're hoping for a Father's day/Summer solstice baby!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#10 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
But now that I'm at the end..... all I want to do is eat junk
Okay, I will confess about my breakfast. I really, really wanted a big bowl of peanut butter cap'n crunch. We are out of milk!! So what did I do?? I poured half and half in the bowl with the cereal and ate every last drop.

It was DELICIOUS.

The funny thing is that I am all about some organic dairy, yet here I am pairing it with Cap'n Crunch!!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#11 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Blah. Sorry, that is all I have to contribute right at this moment.:
#12 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl2 View Post
Okay, I will confess about my breakfast. I really, really wanted a big bowl of peanut butter cap'n crunch. We are out of milk!! So what did I do?? I poured half and half in the bowl with the cereal and ate every last drop.

It was DELICIOUS.

The funny thing is that I am all about some organic dairy, yet here I am pairing it with Cap'n Crunch!!

I bet Cap'n Crunch doesn't have the hormones that milk has.. so it makes total sense to this preggo mama!

#13 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 02:04 PM

I thought maybe something was happening last night, but nope, it was just another ploy to make it impossible for me to get a decent night's sleep. I was due saturday, or today (depending on how you calculate EDD, and I'm so ready for at least a sign that things are getting closer!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#14 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl2 View Post

It was DELICIOUS.

And you know what? That sounds AWESOME.
#15 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone else have an appt today? I'm hoping for some progress (of course), but won't be surprised if nothing has happened. Because that's the way it works around here...
#16 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 02:36 PM

I am so miserable and so tired I dont' even have the energy to whine right now. All I can say is I hate pain, I hate being due at the end of the month and right now I hate the AMA for saying no repeat c-section before 39 weeks. They are jerks and I hate them.
#17 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 02:42 PM

I'm 11 days past my EDD today. My two biggest complaints:
My mom and my MIL who thought I was going to have the baby two weeks ago and planned trips accordingly.... hey, I told them not to!
And, I'm craving sugar like crazy! I didn't have this problem the rest of the pregnancy, but now I want to stuff ice cream and chocolate down my face. The only thing keeping me from it is that I don't to send my baby in to sugar shock.
At this point I could care less how fat it makes me :
#18 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplykate View Post
I'm 11 days past my EDD today. My two biggest complaints:
My mom and my MIL who thought I was going to have the baby two weeks ago and planned trips accordingly.... hey, I told them not to!
My mom did the same thing when I was PG with DS1. I told her this time to plan on 2 weeks after the EDD. If baby comes "on time" then she will still get to spend some time with us, rather than miss out completely.

#19 of 19 Old 06-15-2009, 04:11 PM

i'm due today and thankfully I still feel okay 90% of the time. I do have the irrational fear that baby will never come on its own as I was stupidly talked into an induction with dd due to severe hyperemesis at 40w1d. I get some crampy AF feelings but no contractions so I don't have that to taunt me.

Honestly, I get the most spun up when I get around the DDC or around other preggos or moms from our playgroup - that whole watched pot thing and the baby arrival threads. I do have it in my head that Summer Solstice is where we're headed and that the longer he stays in the more time I have by the pool. Can you hear the rationalizations in my tone, LOL?

I do have to admit that I got very snappy with my mom last night when she commented "Well you said you were ok with going past your EDD." I told her to zip it as she had her babies at 37 weeks so I've been pregnant longer than she ever was twice! LOL!

Beth, Mama to my two nurslings, DD 2.22.07 and DS 6.20.09 Worn, Intact, CD, Unvaxed, Born at Home!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page