bloody show w/out mucous? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-15-2009, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well I'm excited that there is finally a sign that something might be happening soon. Just dropped some blood in the toilet. Oddly no mucous, but I did lose that at 38wks, so maybe not much has regenerated? or its coming afterwards I guess . . .

tell me not to worry if its just blood and no mucous? It honestly looked just like my period (which is what its feeling like right now as well!)

babe is still moving around a storm so not *too* worried, I just thought it was odd. Pretty bright red as well.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2009, 09:49 PM

Saw this on new posts.

I didn't lose plug with my bloody show with DD2.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:57 PM

Are you still bleeding? How much do you think you lost in the toilet?

It sounds okay, and promising even! : But I would probably call my care provider to ask just in case. I thought bloody show usually came with mucous, so I might be wondering and worried a bit if it's just blood, especially if it seems like a lot.

I hope you are holding your baby soon!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post
Are you still bleeding? How much do you think you lost in the toilet?

It sounds okay, and promising even! : But I would probably call my care provider to ask just in case. I thought bloody show usually came with mucous, so I might be wondering and worried a bit if it's just blood, especially if it seems like a lot.

I hope you are holding your baby soon!!!
it wasn't a lot ! only about a tbsp at most. I think I just worry about abruption (I worry too much, its true, w/ my previous miscarriage I read WAY too much about loss and stillbirths and whatnot, so I know *way* too much what can go wrong)

but I'd guess w/ an abruption you would see more blood, and there'd be more pain? The cramping is very long duration rather than like contractions is the thing but it does come and go so I think if it was an abruption it'd be much more painful. I could call the ob/gyn on call to make sure . . . I may do that. Babe is still kicking a bunch though so that's making me relax a bit.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox View Post
it wasn't a lot ! only about a tbsp at most. I think I just worry about abruption (I worry too much, its true, w/ my previous miscarriage I read WAY too much about loss and stillbirths and whatnot, so I know *way* too much what can go wrong)

but I'd guess w/ an abruption you would see more blood, and there'd be more pain? The cramping is very long duration rather than like contractions is the thing but it does come and go so I think if it was an abruption it'd be much more painful. I could call the ob/gyn on call to make sure . . . I may do that. Babe is still kicking a bunch though so that's making me relax a bit.
I would not be concerned with a tbsp amount. Ooooh, this all sounds so promising!! Please keep us posted throughout the evening, especially if things start progressing! This might be a good time to have some fun with the Mr. Keep things moving right along!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:16 PM

It might just be from your cervix dilating. I am wishing you a ton of luck.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
OH!!!:: for you!! I hope this is it!! Please keep us updated as much as you can!!

(and with my abruption with DS, the pain was constant and beyond description)

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
Old 06-15-2009, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

Ill keep an eye out and make sure there isn't much more, otherwise Ill call. I don't want to have to go in too early

I am super crampy, but w/ no regularity or contraction-esque feeling to it at all. Just feels like ten times worse than the worse period I've had. So it might be tough to sleep tonite! I'm sitting on my yoga ball which helps and quilting. So we'll see what happens

no matter what I think I have a good chance of NOT having to be induced on Saturday! So I am psyched about that.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox View Post

no matter what I think I have a good chance of NOT having to be induced on Saturday! So I am psyched about that.
I think you have a good chance at not returning to work tomorrow, or facing annoying co-workers
Old 06-15-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post
I think you have a good chance at not returning to work tomorrow, or facing annoying co-workers
That's exactly what I was going to say! Keep us updated - I am psyched for you!!

Beth, Mama to my two nurslings, DD 2.22.07 and DS 6.20.09 Worn, Intact, CD, Unvaxed, Born at Home!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethandLC View Post
That's exactly what I was going to say! Keep us updated - I am psyched for you!!

yeah, the cramping is pretty intense, not contractions yet? I can't tell really. It really feels much more like a terrible period. Either way I guess working through it would be difficult

This has happened other nights (not quite as bad) and then it would subside by morning (I HATE that!) but hopefully not this time!

Old 06-16-2009, 12:21 AM

I think it sounds promising - for me with dd it started just how you describe it with slowly intensifying cramping. When it jumps to that next level you will know. Fingers crossed!!

Beth, Mama to my two nurslings, DD 2.22.07 and DS 6.20.09 Worn, Intact, CD, Unvaxed, Born at Home!
Old 06-16-2009, 12:22 AM

Oh and if you can go to bed - GO!

Old 06-16-2009, 03:03 AM

i had bloody show and no mucous...i was in real labor 7 hours later :
Old 06-16-2009, 09:03 AM

Updates? I hope you are holding your little one!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:20 AM

I hope you are holding your babe!

Old 06-16-2009, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

I'm not quite that quick w/ labor I guess, but definitely things are progressing. Last night the contractions were so much in my back that I hardly recognized them as contractions, but once I did I saw that they were about 10-15min apart; I tried sidelying to get the babe's head to turn a bit (I was told last week it was posterior) and I think it worked! Since as soon as I did the contractions were SO much easier and I was able to sleep through them.

This morning they are about 8min apart so far, so slow to progress, but, eh, I'm dealing w/ them okay so whatever! I am hanging out on my yoga ball quilting now and glad I was able to sleep as much as I did.

I'm still passing a tiny bit of blood every time I pee, but its w/ mucous now also (stringy looking anyway) so more normal.

but holding babe sounds like it might happen by later tonite or tomorrow!

Old 06-16-2009, 10:12 AM

This is great news seafox!!

Keep yourself eating and hydrated. I'm so glad you were able to rest last night! Thinking of you today and sending you ELV!

Old 06-16-2009, 10:27 AM

: I agree! Stay rested and hydrated! I can't wait to hear your birth story and see pics of your baby! It's gonna be SOON!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Awesome! :

With this baby, I had blood with no mucus. It was very weird. And likewise, I had those thoughts of abruption looming in my head, but then I squelched those since the bleeding was light and it stopped. I had the bleeding in the morning, and my body tried to go into labor all day. We think baby was positioned weird... probably with his arm up on his forehead and he was acynclictic (sp?), as he had this long and weird bruise on his forearm and his head molded in a lopsided fashion despite him coming out straight. So we think he was positioned weird and then righted himself sometime during labor, hence why it took me a while to get into labor and my labor was longer than normal for me.

Anyway, after having the bleeding in the morning, my labor kicked in that evening, and he was born early the next morning.

Oh, and those period-like cramps... Those were contractions for me. With #2, I was having those and finally noticed they were coming and going... every 5 minutes! They eventually got stronger and more intense, but early on, they really felt exactly like period cramps.

Hope you have a baby in your arms soon!

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15

User Tag List