Help me make sense of my night! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-16-2009, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Input please!

I went to my appointment at 4 and the midwife told me that I am measuring 40 weeks and she's significantly dropped--her heartbeat is way lower. She said Soda 7 (baby's name right now) sounds posterior but that she'd probably turn during birth and I should do birth ball things and swim to open up those hips to allow her to rotate. Sounds good.

DH went to bed around 9:30. I wasn't that tired so I stayed up and Internetted. I joined him at 10:15, watched a few minutes of TV, and attempted to sleep. I got up again around 11 because I wasn't tired at all and sat on my birth ball, seeing if reading would help. Then I got really burpy and had to go to the bathroom--the first of a series of several poops.

THEN I started contractions. They were much different than BH. My entire uterus would get REALLY hard and tight, and she was BUSY in there--pushing, twisting, rooting around, body parts everywhere, active. They were very much like period cramps. In between I'd go to the bathroom and poop. She was moving around so much that it made me feel like I was going to puke even though I didn't. I couldn't get comfy and decided that despite no mucous plug or bloody show, maybe this was something to pay attention to.

Mike woke up around 12:30 since I was wallowing around so much and probably moaning a little bit and went right into gear. He got me some water and set up Contraction Master. We started timing them for about an hour. They were happening for about a minute in length every 2-5 minutes consistently. In between I'd either be in the bathroom, on the ball, roaming the house, or grabbing stuff to add to the birth center bag. However, I didn't really have any urge to clean baseboards or bake a cake, and of course we kept wondering if THIS WAS IT.

Then they sort of died down in intensity, and I hadn't pooped in 20 minutes and I actually got tired and tried to sleep around 1:45. This whole business had really been going on since about 10:45 probably. When I woke up at 6:30 (I successfully slept that long!!) it was raining really hard. Soda was quiet.

My theory is that she was getting way more into position and that the low pressure system must have kickstarted something. Now that I'm awake, I'm still having small versions of the movement and tightness, but nowhere near like last night. However, the sensation is still definitely regular.

I'd hate to call this straight up false labor, since SOMETHING is going on since it was so sudden, intense, and fast, but does anyone have a similar story? She looks much lower in the mirror today. I have a vet appointment at 10:30 and I'm definitely sending DH to work. Maybe it's just prelabor or my body straight up getting ready for labor in the next week or two.

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#2 of 2 Old 06-16-2009, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had a few nights like this. I feel for you. I hope for your sake you will move into labor, but I would say at a minimum, your body is getting ready! Keep us posted.

Tracey, mama of 5 beloved children here with me on Earth and one precious son I will meet again in Heaven 6/17/09 - 9/6/09.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page