Who's left this week? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 06-19-2009, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still here.

38w 3d

Had some major contrax a couple nights ago, with lots and lots of poo, but nothing since.

Still haven't lost my plug.

Baby is just barely in the pelvis.

Midwife says I still have time.

I want this baby now.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#32 of 50 Old 06-19-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethandLC View Post
Carlin - I feel you - I am really struggling trying to let go and just let it be. I had to avoid playgroup for dd today as I am one of 3 preggos and the only one who hasn't set an induction date (and I am the only one past due).

I understand how you feel. People keep asking how long will they "let" me go.

On the otherhand, every single one of the couples in my birth prep class have had their babies already. Except me.

I had a reflexology treatment yesterday (which felt great) but it's a little frustrating, as she was 5 for 5 for people having their babies within 24 hours of a treatment until me.

So I am starting to feel like a bit of a freak of nature.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#33 of 50 Old 06-19-2009, 07:34 PM

Still here and I am 40w5d. I am so so so ready to have this baby out, can't sleep, can't eat, cranky, tired, and just overall tired of the ctx that keep coming and going. Got my membranes stripped last week thursday and again this week thursday. This last one produced A LOT of bloody show and discharge with some ctx and I was told that I was a "generous" 4, 80% and babe was a -1 station. Oh lets not forget that I have a bulging bag of waters and yet this kid still has a hold on something. (personally I think it has cat claws that its using to hold on for dear life) I am ready to be done, to meet this baby and to move on to the next step, as are my 4 kids and all of our family. Physically, I guess I could be worse, but the scratching on the cervix, the stripping of the membranes left me quite a bit sore (compared it to having a jackhammer inserted for about 5 minutes) and all for nothing. I really don't like to be a whiner, but out of all of my 5 (counting this one) kids this is the only one that I have hit and passed my due date with, so I don't know what the hold up is?!! Hope all the rest of you are doing ok with the moms that were due after you but popped before you. I am very happy for them, but can't help thinking to myself everytime they say your time will come "yea, I bet you believe that, your contract came up already". :
I just keep telling myself, this can't possibly go on forever (I hope).

~Cassie~ Mama of Katie 10 Josie 8 Gabe 5 Connor 3 and Forrest 2 and we almost made it to two nursing!!

#34 of 50 Old 06-19-2009, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm 41w today.... and finally feel like I might someday go into labor. I've been crampy all day like I'm getting my period, and the baby finally dropped, and we have a name (a name that I'm kind of hoping I can convince BF to use whether its a boy or girl because somehow today this baby in my head has gotten that name, lol) so I'm sitting here sewing and reading things on the internet and eating popsicles, and just ... waiting.

Carlin, I got a pedicure a few days ago, and the woman told me that she had sent three other women into labor within the day after the pedicure, lol.... but it didn't work on me either! But she also told me a cool story about how when she had her baby it just "felt weird" so she didn't even know she was in labor!
#35 of 50 Old 06-19-2009, 08:15 PM

I'm hesitant to complain too much because my due date isn't for another 9 days... But I was feeling totally fine and not impatient at all... until the past day or so. I've predicted this whole time that I'll go at least a week "late", but I really hope I'm wrong!

Luckily, my DS (2yo) has been taking AMAZINGLY long naps this week. Like 3+ hours. I think this is nature's gift to me or something. I've been reading and napping while he sleeps and it's been wonderful

Amanda , mama to my two boys: N (10/06) and : A (7/09)
#36 of 50 Old 06-19-2009, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

oh Carlin, I feel for you!!! I hope that baby comes in the nick of time so you don't have to worry about being risked out (((hugs)))
#37 of 50 Old 06-19-2009, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

hormonal bastketcase? YES! I had my mw appt on wed and dumped ALL over her!!! It wasn't pretty. Cried and cried....... I haven't even admitted that to dh! But it was SO good to just admit all the things that are bothering me and messing w/ my head and heart. She was very sweet about it. I feel really good today! Minus my butt pain, but whatever. I've been 10 days late the last 2 preg, and all I can say is emotions are all over the place! Some days are great, some days they aren't. Today I just realized that when my parents come, I won't even be one week over due yet! I'd love for them to have a new baby to visit but not like I can control it.
#38 of 50 Old 06-20-2009, 01:08 AM

still here!

still learning
#39 of 50 Old 06-20-2009, 04:01 PM

My mantra for today:

A due date is not a timer. My uterus is not going to explode because I am still pregnant after the date assigned to me. A due date is a guess, an estimate. The baby will come when the baby is ready. Sometimes a cake needs a few more minutes than the recipe says and a baby is the same.

A single contraction is not a sign of impending labor. Picking up toys or dirty clothes strewn about the floor is not a sign of impending labor. The hip which has been aching for months is not a sign of impending labor.

Watched pots take longer to boil and watched uteruses {uteri?} do as well. Back off and let me be. Stop placing so much pressure on me to perform. Baby will be here when baby arrives.

I want to have that turned in to a tee shirt and wear it all of the time right now.
#40 of 50 Old 06-20-2009, 04:17 PM

Well, my most recent prediction for labor was the 17th to the 19th, and that didn't happen. So my next prediction isn't until the 27th, I guess.

My next guess *would* have been the 21st-22nd, but that isn't going to be very convenient, so I took it off my prediction list. Because we all know that babies come on convenient dates. lol.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#41 of 50 Old 06-20-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessielove View Post
My mantra for today:

A due date is not a timer. My uterus is not going to explode because I am still pregnant after the date assigned to me. A due date is a guess, an estimate. The baby will come when the baby is ready. Sometimes a cake needs a few more minutes than the recipe says and a baby is the same.

A single contraction is not a sign of impending labor. Picking up toys or dirty clothes strewn about the floor is not a sign of impending labor. The hip which has been aching for months is not a sign of impending labor.

Watched pots take longer to boil and watched uteruses {uteri?} do as well. Back off and let me be. Stop placing so much pressure on me to perform. Baby will be here when baby arrives.

I want to have that turned in to a tee shirt and wear it all of the time right now.
I'd buy one!

I'm 41 weeks today. I had some light contractions (or strong braxton hicks) last night and thought maybe something was happening, but nothing yet. I also had the tiniest bit of bloody show (like 2 tiny streaks I wouldn't have seen if I wasn't examining every peace of toilet paper carefully. And in the tmi category, I seem to be having lots of yellow, water and eggwhite-ish discharge. I'm hoping that's my mucous plug, so : that we can have this baby before my Non-stess test Monday!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#42 of 50 Old 06-20-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
in the tmi category, I seem to be having lots of yellow, water and eggwhite-ish discharge. I'm hoping that's my mucous plug, so : that we can have this baby before my Non-stess test Monday!
Yup.. sounds like mucus plug to me! : ELV!

I'm on my way to a massage.. 38w and 5d

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#43 of 50 Old 06-20-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
I also had the tiniest bit of bloody show (like 2 tiny streaks I wouldn't have seen if I wasn't examining every peace of toilet paper carefully.
Guilty

I don't have bloody show, but I've never looked at toilet paper so carefully in my life I hope this means something is starting for you!!

As for me, I'm just passing time, listening to the rain, and realizing that my cousin is probably saying her vows right now. I should be there.

I have absolutely no indication that anything is happening. The baby is pretty quiet today, relatively few BH contractions, no discharge after several days of globs of mucous, no NOTHING. I had predicted all along that the baby would arrive sometime this weekend- so I guess I still have another day or so. It just seems so unlikely at this point. I'm not even that uncomfortable, just impatient because I'd rather be doing other things (like attending a wedding) than staying home and waiting for baby to arrive.
#44 of 50 Old 06-20-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevaMajka View Post
Well, my most recent prediction for labor was the 17th to the 19th, and that didn't happen. So my next prediction isn't until the 27th, I guess.

My next guess *would* have been the 21st-22nd, but that isn't going to be very convenient, so I took it off my prediction list. Because we all know that babies come on convenient dates. lol.
Totally.

The 21st would be the most convenient for me. Dh is totally banking on Bun being born mid-afternoon tomorrow. Not only is it Father's Day {and what better gift than a new child?}, and the Solstice, it's also the day before our anniversary {13 years together} AND it's "his Thursday" at work ~ he has Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, so if Bun were born tomorrow he would only have to take one day off unpaid and still have three full days at home. Money is tight right now so missing work unpaid for more than a day would make things very difficult, so a Sunday would be perfect.

Here's hoping the Bun listens to convenience!
#45 of 50 Old 06-20-2009, 06:15 PM

I'm still here, but my "due date" isn't until the 28th...and I'm having a RCS on the 26th. I'm just hoping for at least a few contractions before that.

I don't pay much attention to due dates. DS2 was a c-section, but I went into labour the night before, and I think he'd have been born either the day he was taken, or the next day, no matter what. He cooked for 41w, 5d...and was a perfectly healthy newborn. DH and his brothers were all 42-43 week babies, and all healthy.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#46 of 50 Old 06-20-2009, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

ok, I'm so glad I started this thread b/c we obviously needed the support!!!! Jessielove, I love that mantra. I should read that every day. Tomorrow I'm 39wks, my butt hurts so bad from hemorroids, so I'm so ready to get things done so they can GO AWAY!!!! But the baby is in charge not me................
#47 of 50 Old 06-21-2009, 05:22 AM

That mantra came in handy tonight. Went in for EFM due to lack of movement and Dr kept pushing for immediate induction. I have high BP right now and he kept repeating "the book says to induce after 39 weeks." I asked repeatedly for a reason for induction and that was all he kept saying, over and over. I requested labs done and they were all fine, and he still kept pushing with the same pointless reason. Sorry, but "the book says" is not a good reason for a complex and risky medical procedure without lab results to indicate a medical necessity. Look at the individual, not the calendar.

Can I add that I hate the words "high and tight" right now? I agreed to an internal check, and I think I was happier not knowing. As I suspected, this Bun has no plans to budge any time soon.
#48 of 50 Old 06-21-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
That mantra came in handy tonight. Went in for EFM due to lack of movement and Dr kept pushing for immediate induction. I have high BP right now and he kept repeating "the book says to induce after 39 weeks." I asked repeatedly for a reason for induction and that was all he kept saying, over and over. I requested labs done and they were all fine, and he still kept pushing with the same pointless reason. Sorry, but "the book says" is not a good reason for a complex and risky medical procedure without lab results to indicate a medical necessity. Look at the individual, not the calendar.

Can I add that I hate the words "high and tight" right now? I agreed to an internal check, and I think I was happier not knowing. As I suspected, this Bun has no plans to budge any time soon.
Way to stand your ground honey! "The book says so" just means he has no idea. NOT a reason. Good for you.
#49 of 50 Old 06-21-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:

Wow..'because the book says so' was all he could come up with??? I think I would have requested a dr that isn't part parrot.

Good for you sticking up for your rights.

Sahm to 2 girls (17 & 15)& Cody (7/09).
#50 of 50 Old 06-21-2009, 06:00 PM

Yep. That was the only reason. The blood panel and urine test were both perfectly fine. The only indicator of PIH is the blood pressure, which was significantly lower when they switched to the other arm. The first reading was just below the bottom range for severe hypertension and the ACOG SOP is induce after 39 weeks with severe PIH... so that's what he was pushing. He even said straight out that the tests indicate everything is fine. I understand the liability pressure they're under, but that's ridiculous. I'm not a line in a book, TYVM. I'll put my faith in myself as an individual, not what the book says. If the tests had been bad, I might feel differently... but they weren't. They were perfectly fine.

Right now I feel pretty badly for all of the women who don't know their rights, who don't know the questions to ask, who get railroaded in to unnecessary and risky procedures. I used to be one of those people and it felt so empowering to go in knowing that I had the right to request that AMA form and walk away at any time. Such a simple thing, but very powerful.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page