A "people" rant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-19-2009, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
So someone tell me why everyone insists in calling to 'remind' me to call them when baby is coming. Um, ya know, it really amazes me that some of these people are actually women who have had children. Maybe they just forgot that you have to go through labor.
And really, I don't want a crowded room wile I'm in labor! I know DP's stepmom is insisting on coming, and she will probably stop to pick up her SIL, because they seem to think everything is a family affair, and DP's mom is coming, which is fine with me (I know she will not interfere, she will just do her best to be supportive) but I am tired of people acting like they are just as involved in this as me. DP's stepmom tries to treat me like I'm her 16yo kid, and it's annoying because she isn't even old enough to be my mother. And, um, why do these people seem to forget that I've done this before? I mean come on! I don't need you to to tell me that I will be tired and in pain! I KNOW!!! And I know babies wake up a lot to feed, and no I don't want you to come stay to help with night-time bottle feedings! How many times do I have to tell you I will be breastfeeding!?!? Oh, breastfeeding is hard? Really? Cause I seemed to do JUST fine doing it with DS for a year!!!
Ok, I know maybe I'm being a BIT sensitive, and she is *I guess* trying to be helpful, but it's hard to look at it that way when I'm sitting at home with a headache and nausea and contractions that go nowhere, and I get a call form her asking what's going on, and saying "well, I'm just sitting here waiting for this baby ya know, so I thought I would call" HA! I got so irritated that I told her she would just have to deal with waiting cause no one is waiting as much as I am!!

Anyways, just wondering if I'm alone here. And needed to get it off my chest.

Rant over, thanks for listening dears!!!

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-20-2009, 06:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel your pain... NOBODY IRL knows my due date (husband and midwife know and some internet buddies, but nobody else) for all the reasons you state! I went through that with my DD and went a week past my due date. It was so horrible that I told everyone they would meet this baby by the end of July!

Hope your wait isn't much longer!

~Amy~ Wife to my best friend Brandon. Mama to my sweet girl Eden (11/6/06) and my little man Theo (6/25/09)
#3 of 5 Old 06-20-2009, 09:29 AM

I hear ya!! We told everyone not to expect any phone calls until the baby is here This of course made them a little pissed off but oh well. I want to labor in peace. Good luck

Amanda , mama to my two boys: N (10/06) and : A (7/09)
#4 of 5 Old 06-20-2009, 07:35 PM

I'm getting a lot of "You must be so ready to be done" comments. And I've gotten a few calls from DH's family asking if I've had the baby. As if we wouldn't let them know. And they act all hurt because we're not calling them every day with updates. First of all, we're busy, second of all I don't have any updates, third of all, if something were going on with my uterus or cervix, I wouldn't be sharing it with them!

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#5 of 5 Old 06-20-2009, 08:07 PM

Yea, I remember this issue from last time. Nobody was really calling and bugging me, but if I didn't answer the phone or return a call *immediately* people started assuming I was in labor. We didn't call anyone when I did go into labor, and since I delivered around 1am, it was the next morning before anyone knew anything!

This time it will be a little different, only because I'll need to call someone to care for DS while we go to the birth center. Hopefully it will only be his sitter, hired to be on call 24/7- but I do have friends as back-ups. If I call one of them the news will spread quickly.

I don't even like calling anyone these days. There is always that pause. . . of them waiting to see what I have to say. I feel obligated to start with "no, no baby yet" It gets old.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page