New "Who's still pregnant?" Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still here.. still pregnant.. no signs of anything happening any time soon.

Who's with me?

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 01:44 PM

ME!! Due on Sunday. Went to the chiro yesterday and I think the baby has dropped more since things feel so heavy this morning. But I'm not feeling as horrible and desparate as I was last week (at least so far today!) so that's good. I guess I could do 2 more weeks of this if I had to. I'm thinking of asking mw to do the "stretch and sweep" next wed if I'm still preg. Haven't ever tried that before........
#3 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 01:53 PM

Me!

Today is my EDD and I'm still feeling pretty good. I was miserable over the weekend when I had to miss my cousin's wedding, but now that it's over I'm mentally okay again.

I took DS berry picking this morning and I'm looking forward to some naps this afternoon- one for each of us

I've been having some period-like cramping every morning, early, but it always stops when I get out of bed. Otherwise no indication that anything will happen soon.
#4 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 02:10 PM

Me, but we have some great signs of early labor this morning so hopefully I won't be able to say that for much longer!
#5 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post

I've been having some period-like cramping every morning, early, but it always stops when I get out of bed. Otherwise no indication that anything will happen soon.
Me too.. I seam to have more contrax in bed than out of bed.

#6 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 02:14 PM

Me... I'm not due until Monday, but this week is draaaaaaagging by.

I'm not counting on a June baby, though I hope I'm wrong.

Amanda , mama to my two boys: N (10/06) and : A (7/09)
#7 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Me too.. I seam to have more contrax in bed than out of bed.
Me too! I have ctx all night and day, but they are more crampy at night.

I'm not due until Friday, but I broke down at my appt on Monday and got checked. I was dilated 3cm, 100% effaced and the baby was at 0 station! So, I had my midwife sweep my membranes. She said she could easily stretch me to 4cm. I have had tons of mucous (snot-like with brown blood) and last night after a particularly exhausting grocery store trip, I had red streaked mucous. Hopefully things will get going soon! I just want to meet this little one!!

~Amy~ Wife to my best friend Brandon. Mama to my sweet girl Eden (11/6/06) and my little man Theo (6/25/09)
#8 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by herwitsend View Post
Me too! I have ctx all night and day, but they are more crampy at night.

I'm not due until Friday, but I broke down at my appt on Monday and got checked. I was dilated 3cm, 100% effaced and the baby was at 0 station! So, I had my midwife sweep my membranes. She said she could easily stretch me to 4cm. I have had tons of mucous (snot-like with brown blood) and last night after a particularly exhausting grocery store trip, I had red streaked mucous. Hopefully things will get going soon! I just want to meet this little one!!
sounds like it might be soon for you!!!

My EDD is still 6 days away.....

#9 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 03:09 PM

I'm still here! I think I'm due the same day you are, LizzyQ- June 29 (actually, June 27 by conception and early u/s).
I thought for SURE that last night was the night. Every time I woke up, I had crampy very uncomfortable contractions that went in waves (different from any I've had so far), that happened pretty regularly, and that moved into my thighs, back and upper ab. But then they just stopped. And I was sad hehehe

So I'm still here. I have a m/w appt today, and I think I'm going to have her check me. If my cervix isn't ripened, I'm going to seriously consider acupuncture very soon.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#10 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 03:25 PM
ell

Over here! Due date's the 28th but she's showing no signs whatsoever of planning on leaving her comfy little nest. I'm fine with that for now, I'm in no rush.
#11 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 03:46 PM

Still here. Got checked today even though I didn't really want to, lo is head down now & dialated about 4 cm. Lots of lower abd pain after the check, not ctx though.

Sahm to 2 girls (17 & 15)& Cody (7/09).
#12 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 05:04 PM

Still waiting here too . . . 40 weeks tomorrow. We have no reason to believe that anything is imminent; dw seems perfectly comfortable and happy. Though she did say this morning, "this could just continue for another two weeks?!" which I thought was a good sign, that she's getting closer to that feeling of just wanting the baby OUT NOW. I think it will be at least another week, but I won't be disappointed if I'm wrong .

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#13 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 05:36 PM

I'm still here. 40w2d. Trying to stay busy - but its really hard because i have NOTHING going on. This rain in Mass is driving me nuts to, i cant even go to the beach with DD or anything.
#14 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 05:47 PM

Still here! My due date is Friday, but my doc and I agree that we're unlikely to see the baby before late next week. *sigh*

Lisa ~ wife to Daniel ~ mama to Claire, born July 2009 (IVF baby!)
#15 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Still here. edd was June 20th. Still same ol same ol. Ctx on and off, minimal sleep, fun stuff. Don't know if I am dilated or anything. Considering castor oil if she hasn't come by this weekend, but I really don't want to deal with the vomiting or pooping. Oh well.

Baby is still moving around fine, she seems happy in there, darn me for being such a comfy place for her to be....

Hang in there mamas.

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#16 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 07:07 PM

I am popping in from the July DDC. I am due on the 1st, next Wed. As of today, I am 2.5 cm dilated and 75% effaced, and the midwife said the baby is really low. I am so eager to meet my little girl. I had my DD at 38 weeks, so mentally I already feel overdue!!

Loving my DH and my two active little girls (9/06), (6/09). Anticipating a new bundle of joy (7/11).
#17 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 07:37 PM

I TOTALLY understand feeling overdue, even before the EDD. Ds was born at 38w, and I'm past 39w now and feeling quite overdue! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevaMajka View Post
So I'm still here. I have a m/w appt today, and I think I'm going to have her check me. If my cervix isn't ripened, I'm going to seriously consider acupuncture very soon.
My appt went well. She said my cervix was "pretty soft" so I'm going to skip on the acupuncture (getting there would be a pain- I barely fit behind the steering wheel and it's really uncomfortable). I'm going to continue with EPO just because I bought it
He's head down, and engaged but not dropped.
I'm 2cm dilated, and half effaced. Though I know that those numbers are all but useless! It was the softness that I wanted her to check for, so I could plan accordingly.
I opted not to have a stretch and sweep, but did have her massage my cervix with evening primrose oil.

#18 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 07:52 PM

I'm here....lot's of contractions as usual but that doesn't mean much!

still learning
#19 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 07:58 PM

As for feeling overdue-- I am sooooo there! DS was 38w (by my dates) 36 (by my "mw's" dates), so yeah, at 40w4d, I am feeling VERY overdue... Anyone know where the magic "labor button" is???
I will pay to know....

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#20 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post
Still here. edd was June 20th. Still same ol same ol. Ctx on and off, minimal sleep, fun stuff. Don't know if I am dilated or anything. Considering castor oil if she hasn't come by this weekend, but I really don't want to deal with the vomiting or pooping. Oh well.
I took castor oil with DS1 when I was 41 weeks and the pooping wasn't really that bad. I am a regular pooper so that might make a difference.. I drank a cup of coffee in the morning to clear me out.. then took it with some juice and pooped a couple more times and that was it. No vomiting for me either.

Not telling you what to do either way.. just that it doesn't have to be as messy as it is for some.

#21 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I took castor oil with DS1 when I was 41 weeks and the pooping wasn't really that bad. I am a regular pooper so that might make a difference.. I drank a cup of coffee in the morning to clear me out.. then took it with some juice and pooped a couple more times and that was it. No vomiting for me either.

Not telling you what to do either way.. just that it doesn't have to be as messy as it is for some.
How much did you take? I've heard anywhere from 2-4tbsp

and thanks for the imput, any little bit is appreciated these days!!

#22 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
How much did you take? I've heard anywhere from 2-4tbsp

and thanks for the imput, any little bit is appreciated these days!!
I took 2 tbs, and then an hour later took one more tbs. I took it around 11-12, water broke about 4pm, went into labor about 5:30-6:00 pm (had baby at 1:20 am).

#23 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
I took 2 tbs, and then an hour later took one more tbs. I took it around 11-12, water broke about 4pm, went into labor about 5:30-6:00 pm (had baby at 1:20 am).
Oh it's so tempting!!!!! I'm going to buy some apricots and drink some coffee over the next couple days to try to "clear out", so hopefully it won't be too bad for me either. Thank you for the info!! At this moment in time I am trying to give her till Friday night to come on her own, but we will see if I can hold off that long...

P.S. heeheehee I just noticed that I seem to really like the 'eyes-roll' guy.. I use him a lot!! heehee

#24 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm going to buy some apricots and drink some coffee over the next couple days to try to "clear out", so hopefully it won't be too bad for me either.
Good idea (if you decide to do that.. and/or baby doesn't come first)!

Does anyone else not have a name picked out? We have a list of 4 names, but can't decide on any of them, so we are waiting until the birth to meet him first. We had DS1's name picked out from the beginning.. so it's a little weird.

#25 of 83 Old 06-24-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Does anyone else not have a name picked out? We have a list of 4 names, but can't decide on any of them, so we are waiting until the birth to meet him first. We had DS1's name picked out from the beginning.. so it's a little weird.
Yes!! Same here. We have some possibilities, but it's still up in the air. Everyone keeps asking too, which doesn't help

Amanda , mama to my two boys: N (10/06) and : A (7/09)
#26 of 83 Old 06-25-2009, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaleigh37 View Post
Yes!! Same here. We have some possibilities, but it's still up in the air. Everyone keeps asking too, which doesn't help
I swear I have looked at 10,000+ names, and I only like 4 enough to use them (I do like others but the last name is very hard to work with).

My MIL, of course, dislikes them all! I sat down with her and looked at the top 1000 names with her, and explained every single one, and why it won't work, or why I don't like it.. we have very different tastes. Finally, after all that I said, "you will love him no matter what his name is"

I still wish we had one that we were set on though.

#27 of 83 Old 06-25-2009, 02:45 PM

We haven't really settled on a name. *I* know what his name is though- it's Jonah Xavier. It just feels so right- when I think of him, I think "Jonah" and ds has decided that he is Jonah as well. I haven't told dp how sure I am though.
DP's not totally sold on it, though he likes it, because of the Biblical connotations. He LOVES Xavier, but his cousin has a ds named Xavier, so that's out.

Our other option is Devin Andre, which I like a lot, but just doesn't feel as right as Jonah.

#28 of 83 Old 06-25-2009, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

I know what you mean, Becky.. this baby has been "Oliver" to me form the beginning.. but a few weeks ago DH said that not only does he not really like Oliver too much (says the name reminds him of a turtle ).. but he doesn't really like any name at all. The only other name we can agree on is Jasper (the one MIL hates the most)... and I like it enough... but I also have an association who named her son that.. and we also have Griffin and Xavier on our list in case neither of those work, but I am not in-love with any of them.

I was really hoping this was a girl.. I used my most fave boy name on Sebastian already.

#29 of 83 Old 06-25-2009, 05:33 PM

I love Jonah! Could it be Jon for short or Joe?

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#30 of 83 Old 06-26-2009, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

I'm still here today! 4 days until my EDD... I am pretty miserable, but doing OK otherwise.

how about you mamas?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page