Mothering Forum banner

Reid is here!!!

699 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  musiclady 
#1 ·
I don't have the words to begin to describe how incredible yesterday was! I know that some people thought we were crazy to want a home waterbirth, but I think that if anyone could have seen how amazing it was, or experience it for themselves they'd love it too!!
:
:
:

After being in labor all Sunday and Monday nights long I was so discouraged and really ready to throw in the towel and go to the hospital, beg for an epidural, and sleep through the birth of my son. After getting encouragement from my doula, Dr. Jessica (she's an amazing chiropracter as well) and my midwife, Eileen, I took a warm bath and decided to just relax and try to regain the "wisdom of a strong, birthing mama" as Eileen said. It totally worked; the warm water helped the contractions so much and I changed my mind to just go along for the ride and instead of fighting the contractions decided to ask for more - long, strong, and close together.

That was all I needed! By 3:30 Tuesday afternoon my parents picked up the girls to take them to play at their house and contractions were really strong. I rested in between and lay over the ottoman, rocking bath and forth while Jared provided counter-pressure on my back during contractions. We laughed and talked and cuddled and watched ridiculous TV shows, and by 5:00 I decided to call Jess to come, and then Eileen. A little before 6pm I got into the birth pool - HOLY COMFORT!!!!! Jess got here 5 minutes later and a little after that Eileen arrived. I can't say that I was feeling any pain - just intensity. We all laughed and smiled through the entire thing - at 7:25 my water broke and within one minute Reid was born into the warm water and my arms. It was the most amazing, empowering experience of my life and I am so very thankful that everything went so well. It was the birth of my dreams, and I am thrilled!!!

Reid is GORGEOUS and such a sweet little angel! He slept for 5 hours straight last night and is sleeping in my arms now!

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow, you really hung in there, and with such wisdom, asking your body for more contractions and going with them. Congratulations!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.