Who all still looks pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-19-2009, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I do, and even though I know that's normal, I'm very unhappy about the way my belly looks. It's gross- all hanging down, stretch marked and crepe papery. Ugh. All my normal shirts would fit, but totally accentuate my belly- which might be cute if I were indeed pg. So I'm still wearing oversized shirts.

I'd look better if I got big all over during pg, then I'd just look fluffy. But I didn't get much bigger anywhere but my belly! (I'll have to try my pre-pg jeans to test that...lol), so it just hangs out there.

I got a belly support to wear sometimes, and even though I still look pg in it, it does look much better.

Blah. I'm thinking of getting this workout program. My library has the book- I really hope it helps!!

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#2 of 8 Old 07-19-2009, 07:55 PM

Well I'd look into a new book but I still have Lose Your Mummy Tummy sitting, untouched, on my bookshelf

My belly never went back to pre-baby after the first one, so I didn't expect it to this time and I have to say body acceptance is really working for me. I was SUPER BUMMED last time and this time? Eh... not so much. I know it will get much better than it is right now at just 7 weeks pp but will always be saggy and lopped over at the bottom. Until my tummy tuck when I turn 40 that is. I'm only partially kidding

Ya it sucks...................... but it's my body and I have a feeling in 15 years I'll look back to this body and wish I hadn't been so hard on myself so I'm wishing kindness on myself from the future

Erin sharing life with a burly husband and two rad boys 7/06 & 5/09 : : Zone 9-ish
#3 of 8 Old 07-19-2009, 11:06 PM

I do... and its depressing. Like you I only gain in my tummy (aside from water weight the last couple weeks before baby was born) and my stomach just looks alien to me right now. All my normal clothes fit for the most part, my size 6s don't fit but the 10s do. I ordered some new clothes because I need to feel human and pretty and nice looking again, I hope it helps.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#4 of 8 Old 07-20-2009, 06:14 PM

I think at this point I would prefer to still look pregnant rather than FAT. I just look plain fat now and it's depressing. But I don't want to go back to being pregnant.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#5 of 8 Old 07-20-2009, 08:51 PM

Me!

I have this pooch that just hangs there. If I walk around naked (I am ALWAYS hot, and since I nurse all the time any way, why not?) then I can see it jiggle as I step. I have ten million stretch marks, some of which are dark purpley brown, and other weird lines and wrinkles across the bottom of my belly. Every time I look in the mirror I think, "21 years old and my body will never be the same." When I'm wearing clothes you can't tell as much, at least...but I know and it bothers me. I'm losing weight, but I don't know if the stretched out lower abdomen will ever be the same!

Then again, I watched a video from week 36 or 37, and oh my gosh, I cannot believe how huge I was. I didn't look that huge in the mirror! So maybe I should go easier on myself...

Single mama to S ~ 6/09

#6 of 8 Old 07-22-2009, 03:38 PM

I'm 7 weeks PP and I am feeling better but I had to go out and buy yoga type pants since I'm not in my other shorts/pants yet. I gained in my buttom and waist, in fact, I have no waist, ugg. I feel flubby and saggy and the skin just hangs there on my belly. God forbid I bend over, ick,it all hangs!!!!!

It will get better, I tell myself that LOL.

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

#7 of 8 Old 07-22-2009, 07:24 PM

It seems like with each baby I look more flabby and saggy for longer. I have this lovely stretched marked belly that just hangs there. But I did gain 8 lbs more this pregnancy than I did with my last two, and I looked bigger.

I remember a couple weeks after I had my second baby, we were in whole foods and the check out lady asked when I was due. Dh was holding dd and he was behind me in line.

Happily married and unschooling 5 kiddos Oct. 2004, July, 2007, July, 2009, Oct. 2010, Nov. 2012 uc.jpg

#8 of 8 Old 07-23-2009, 01:04 PM

If it makes ya'll feel any better I gained almost 60lbs and I have 40 to lose. BAH!
I don't think I look that pregnant though, just reeeaally chubby.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page