2 months - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-25-2009, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't believe it's 2 months since Grace arrived, time flies!

Seems like in the past week or so that she's made massive strides with breastfeeding and we are finally able to breastfeed exclusively (she was getting supplements of pumped milk).

She isn't quite smiling, but we do see the occassional half smile when she's asleep, I think it must be some of the things that cause her problems nursing are also making it difficult to smile.

In many ways she still seems very newborn, though she does have better head control than a newborn and is starting to enjoy a few minutes tummy time here and there.

She's now on zantac for reflux, she was very spitty right from the start and in the past couple of weeks started exhibiting pain, the thing that seems to sooth her most is having her back patted in various positions.

Big brother and big sister are totally in love with her. DH went back to work last week and my parents arrived for a visit, they leave on 4th August, then I'll be home alone. Thankfully that doesn't seem quite so daunting now as it did a few weeks ago, I finally seem to have got some level of stability with my mood.

I'm recovering well from my c-section, though I am struggling a bit with some tailbone pain, not quite sure how I got it though!

Anne, Christian mummy to Nathanael 05/28/03, Ada 06/10/05, Grace 05/24/09
#2 of 4 Old 07-25-2009, 10:29 PM

Congrats on the breastfeeding! That must feel huge -- and is huge!

Hope the transition back to you home by yourself goes well. It's still stressful over here on the home-alone days -- I love the days when my husband is home. I'm such a better parent on those days.

I just recently started taking Seacure for intestinal help, and I noticed that my son's spitups seemed markedly less when I took it. He didn't have a bunch to begin with, but it basically went away entirely when I took the Seacure. That supports the theory that reflux can be due to leaky gut. Not sure if yours is, but I thought I'd share.

Hope things continue to go well, mama!

Mama to two sweet boys, a 7yo superhero.gif and a toddler coolshine.gif.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

#3 of 4 Old 07-26-2009, 12:08 AM

Oh! That sounds wonderful! :

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
#4 of 4 Old 07-27-2009, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravebird View Post
I just recently started taking Seacure for intestinal help, and I noticed that my son's spitups seemed markedly less when I took it. He didn't have a bunch to begin with, but it basically went away entirely when I took the Seacure. That supports the theory that reflux can be due to leaky gut. Not sure if yours is, but I thought I'd share.
I've not heard of Seacure, tell me more...
apparently tongue tie is linked to reflux and she had a tongue tie snipped and still has a slight one remaining, which as things have been improving, the doctor recommended not to cut. Sometimes she's so clicky when she feeds, continually breaking suction, it's hardly surprising she's uncomfortable as so much air must get in there!

Anne, Christian mummy to Nathanael 05/28/03, Ada 06/10/05, Grace 05/24/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page