Buying medium diapers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-19-2009, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This week I bought my first medium diapers. They are Bumkins AIO so they start at 12 pounds, but it still seems so soon! They grow so fast!

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
#2 of 12 Old 08-20-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightmommy View Post
This week I bought my first medium diapers. They are Bumkins AIO so they start at 12 pounds, but it still seems so soon! They grow so fast!
Yes they do! My baby never fit into newborn size anything though. I bought diapers she can share with her 2yo brother.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#3 of 12 Old 08-20-2009, 02:15 PM

I am scared about this. My baby still fits a newborn cover, but he is moving into the smalls. I know it isn't a medium, but he is growing so fast. It just reminds me he wont be little for much longer.
#4 of 12 Old 08-21-2009, 07:43 AM

We're on our 4th size diaper already (size 1). Eah time we move up, it's like a celebration.

XS, P, N, 1

and we're gettinginto the 1/2, but mostly bc we've almost used up all the 1's we got for gifts!

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
#5 of 12 Old 08-21-2009, 03:17 PM

I know! My baby can now wear some of the same diapers his brother did when he was almost 2! Size Large! They're snapped all the way down, but he's solidly in them (which is great! haha! I love the second use of cd's, it feels like free diapers!).

Erin sharing life with a burly husband and two rad boys 7/06 & 5/09 : : Zone 9-ish
#6 of 12 Old 08-22-2009, 02:25 AM

My little guy is now in medium cloth dipes and covers and size 3 disposables. He's 16 lbs at just shy of 3 months. I cannot believe how fast he's growing.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#7 of 12 Old 08-23-2009, 12:28 AM

Our last baby needed size medium at 3 weeks. I was so glad that I had bought him such a great stash of newborn dipes! He was too big for them at birth (10-10 and REALLY chunky).

Leo, our June baby, is about 13 pounds now, and would probably fit in mediums, but isn't busting out of the smalls yet. He is on the second rise-setting of the one-size Gro-Baby, though. Craziness.

Where did our tiny babies go?

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#8 of 12 Old 08-23-2009, 03:21 AM

I doubled my diaper supply by being able to use the small and medium Fuzzi Bunz with Beauty. It won't last for long (maybe another month or so) and then she'll be solidly in mediums. I expect she'll outgrow those quickly--like her brother did. Since he wore size large diapers for 1 1/2 yrs, some of them are pretty worn. I'll have to replace some, but then that means I can buy some of the girl colors. No pink or purple diapers here yet...I'm waiting until I replace some of those larges.

M.Ed. Mama to Chunka (1/07), Beauty (5/09) and Elizabear 3/12): Birth Doula (working toward certification) AAMI Midwifery Student, Advocating with Solace for Mothers & The Birth Survey

#9 of 12 Old 08-28-2009, 07:27 PM

Maybe bc he was born at the beginning of June (9th), but we have been Medium Fuzibunz for at least a month. Somehow, I only have half my size medium diaper stash though. I must have some in the garage somewhere, but Bruce was firmly in mediums at 2 months.
Since I know a lot of my large FBz are well worn, I ordered some of the new one size FBz and I love them!

I have also manged to keep using the size small by using the wrong row of snaps and having it look funky (I just use one snap down on the lower level). I think I can only do this bc he is a boy.

I haven't weighed him lately but he was 15 lbs at 8 weeks, he has slowed down since then.

Since this is our last baby, it makes me sad to be rid of the small sizes (clothes and diapers). There are a lot of my favorite things he never even wore bc they are too hot. I don't think he will wear most of the warmer sized 3-6 month things either, since it stays pretty hot here until October.
I have all the stuff in bags. I just need to learn to let go!!

Andee
#10 of 12 Old 08-29-2009, 12:34 PM

Just proves my little guys is tiny. He still can use a newborn cover for his diapers and the small disposibles are still big on him.
#11 of 12 Old 08-30-2009, 03:31 PM

Benji still fits in his side snapping medium covers and his DDNB fitteds, but all other NBs are too small now. He fits perfectly in the size smalls. I haven't tried mediums yet, but this is a good reminder that I need to start sewing them very soon.
#12 of 12 Old 08-31-2009, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

DD ended up being born at 37 weeks (May 28th), so she is one of the bigger kids. She's still wearing her small stuff, but can wear a medium (although a little big) as well. Makes my stash bigger :

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page