high risk appt tues - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-29-2009, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lilah's first visit to the high risk dr is tuesday. i think they are goping to follow her until she is 5. although everything else has been great, i am very nervous about thisa.

the good thing is tht we'll be able to visit her former nurses in the NICU.

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
#2 of 7 Old 08-29-2009, 02:18 PM

Hope everything goes well!

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#3 of 7 Old 08-29-2009, 05:04 PM

I am sure everything will be fine, but I totally understand being anxious about it. How neat though that you will be able to see the nurses. I would love to see some of the ladies who helped with Shane. He wasn't there very long, but when you have a freaked out mom who does not want her baby to be hooked up to everything, it is great to have the wonderful staff to keep you sane.
#4 of 7 Old 09-07-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclady View Post
Lilah's first visit to the high risk dr is tuesday. i think they are goping to follow her until she is 5. although everything else has been great, i am very nervous about thisa.

the good thing is tht we'll be able to visit her former nurses in the NICU.
I realize I am totally out of the loop, but why does your baby require a high risk dr?
#5 of 7 Old 09-09-2009, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

np. she was our first june bug- on april 10. She weighed 2lbs 5oz (about 1060g) and bc of her low birthweight and prematurity, they will follow her development. She also had a grade III IVH, which has the potential to cause developmental delays, but none so far.

I think it is common practice for MUSC to follow up with their NICU babies, particularly those who were there long- 7 weeks.

I mean, I do like to be first at some things, but I would have been happy passing that honor along to someone else.

She is doing GREAT!!! She's about 10 pounds now, 5mo old tomorrow (3 mo adjusted) and is packing on the weight! She coos, smiles socially, grabs toys, holds her head up, sleeps thru the night, and generally does a mix of 3-5 mo old things.

Pics posted on www.lrowsey.shutterfly.com

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
#6 of 7 Old 09-09-2009, 03:44 PM

So not fair on the sleeping through the night, but you deserve the break and blessings of getting a good night sleep.
#7 of 7 Old 09-09-2009, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

you got that right- i figure that after all we've been through, it's definitely a blessing. thank you, God!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page