The "Let's get to know each other!" Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-07-2008, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post
Updated to here! We have 6 Melissas, 5 Erins and 6 people due on June 8/09!
I was scrolling through and thinking that there were an awful lot of Erins

And my anniversary is June 8

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 12:18 AM

I just did an online calculator and it turns out my EDD is likely June 10. Good to know. I'm already 4w6d?! Wow ...

Heh. According to a Chinese Gender predictor, since I'm 37 and i conceived in Sept, I'll be having another girl. I wonder if it'll be true ...

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

Old 10-08-2008, 01:39 AM

Name: Jennifer
EDD: June 13/09

This is my first pregnancy. Very excited and a little nervous! Looking forward to having other women to chat with through the next 9 months! :

Not sure at this point about all my plans, that's part of why I joined Mothering!

Congrats to all you other June Mama's to be!!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:26 AM

Name: Shannon

EDD: June 20

Other children and their ages: DS#1 is 5, DD is almost 4, DS#2 is 2

Hometown/state/province: MN

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): SAHM, although DH has a side business that I will most likely take part in running.

Birth plans: I would love a UC homebirth. DH is nervous about that, although he's an EMT so he should be able to handle it! Also, cost will play a factor as well.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I just got my positives yesterday, 11 dpo. They're faint, but definately there, so I'm scared that it's still early...

EDIT: I just took a digital and it came up POSITIVE, so I guess it's really true!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:39 PM

Name: Clare

EDD: 06/18/09

Other children and their ages: None. This is my first!

Hometown/state/province: Currently in MA, but will be back in the UK from January.

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): Work outside the home currently.

Birth plans: Probably try for a home birth but it depends on the support I feel from the UK health service midwives. Where I live in the UK it tends to be pretty good and I know several friends that have gone this route. Would love to employ independent private midwives but that's not a realistic prospect at the moment. Otherwise it will be the midwife-led birthing unit we are lucky enough to have in my UK hometown.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: Very excited! And feeling quite scared as it's so early and I'm higher risk for tubal pregnancy as I had surgery on a tube when I was younger. Waiting for a midwife to call me back at the mo to discuss it. Feeling overwhelmingly lucky as it was our first month of TTC. It didn't quite feel real until I used a digital test today and the magic word appeared in well under a minute! Looking at fuzzy lines on sticks for the last two days was just not quite the same.

Mama to DD (June '09) and very newly expecting #2 Oct '11
Old 10-08-2008, 04:38 PM

Name: Chrissie

EDD: 6/7

Other children and their ages: Colin, 4

Hometown/state/province: Tampa, FL

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): WOHM

Birth plans: unsure

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I miscarried just 1.5 months ago so I'm cautiously optimistic.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:20 PM

Name: Jen

EDD: June 12, 2009

Other children and their ages: Daughter, 25 mos.

Hometown/state/province:NJ

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home):SAHM. Write tiny bit freelance but NEED MORE $$$

Birth plans:hospital, same as for first child, but trying for VBAC. First daughter was born @ 36 weeks. I went into labor quickly and she was breach, so they sectioned me a.s.a.p. Doc said at my last year checkup that I could likely VBAC a second baby.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: Very happy. We were hoping to conceive from daughter's 2nd bday in Aug. through November, and we were very lucky to be blessed fast. This way the kids can be in school together growing up. I feel the age difference was good for me because my first is very devoted to Mommy, is Speech-delayed, and by age three I believe we will both be prepared for a new little one. I do wonder though about how she will do with the new baby nursing. She is still nursing a couple times a day herself.

Age 37. SAHM to 2 girls, 8/06 Breech C-Section and 5/09 VBAC. Angel at 5 weeks 7/11. Expecting 8/11/12!

Old 10-09-2008, 12:39 PM

Hometown: Austin, TX
Other Children: Daughter 11 and Son 9 (On Oct. 22)
Occupation: Attorney --full time, but I try to work at home as much as possible

Birth Plans: I had two home water births before (son was breech!), but I lived in a different city. I am exploring birthing centers in the area. I am a little more nervous this time around, and too busy to prepare the house. I know it wounds silly, but you don't have to clean up after yourself at a birth center!

Thoughts about this pregnancy: It has been so long, I forgot what it was like. I was a grad student with #1 and a SAHM with #2. I do not like this whole working thing, but I have no choice (have to repay all those law school loans.)
I am nervous about dealing with breast pumps (I never have) and childcare. Husband works at home, but we are going to need some help.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does UC stand for?
Old 10-09-2008, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Name: Vera

EDD: June 18ish

Other children and their ages: Joshua is 4, and Aaron will be 2 in Nov

Hometown/state/province: Athens, AL

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): SAHM, but was a software developer pre-kids. I also have done a bit of WAHM stuff... diaper sewing, but I haven't stocked my HC in AGES, and have no plans to do so anytime soon.

Birth plans: cross the state line to birth with a CPM... current choices are possibly a friend's trailer that they aren't living in right now, or I might go to a birth center an hour away with a CNM that has a nice birthing pool, but I worry about the time. My labors have been 2.5 hours and 5 hours respectively, and it takes me a good hour to figure out I'm in labor.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I'm excited! : Although this will be our last planned pregnancy, so it marks the nearing of the end of a season for me. My first child will start school shortly after this child is born.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
Old 10-09-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivkah View Post

Birth Plans: I had two home water births before (son was breech!), but I lived in a different city. I am exploring birthing centers in the area. I am a little more nervous this time around, and too busy to prepare the house. I know it wounds silly, but you don't have to clean up after yourself at a birth center!

Thoughts about this pregnancy: It has been so long, I forgot what it was like. I was a grad student with #1 and a SAHM with #2. I do not like this whole working thing, but I have no choice (have to repay all those law school loans.)
I am nervous about dealing with breast pumps (I never have) and childcare. Husband works at home, but we are going to need some help.

If you have pumping questions (now or much later on), I would be happy to help. I pumped 18 months while working as a law clerk. UC = unassisted childbirth. For those brave souls. Anyway, welcome. :
Old 10-09-2008, 07:25 PM

Name: Christi

EDD: June 15ish
Other children and their ages:Taylor 15, Caleb 13, and Gabriella 2. I have 2 step children also: Tiffany 15 and Alex 13. Baby will be # 6 for us!

Hometown/state/province: Indiana

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): I am currently working full time but am hoping to find some work to do at home to help my dh and spend more time with my family.

Birth plans: local hospital with no drugs. The closest birthing center is over a half hour drive away, and my dh is way too nervous to let me birth at home.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I am so happy to be expecting again, but sad that this will be my last one. I am looking forward to seeing my little girl grow into a big sister. She loves babies and I think my dh is secretly hoping for another boy...

wife, SAH, LDS momma. I have a 14yr ds & 16yr ds ,3yr dd & 4 mo. dd (6/09) and 16yr dsd, 14yr dss.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:55 PM

Name: Carrie

EDD:
mid- to late-June

Other children and their ages:
Jamie, 29 months

Hometown/state/province: Hometown - Detroitish, MI; Now - Northeast TN

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home):
SAHM

Birth plans: HBAC

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I've been planning this pregnancy since before Jamie was born (we decided we wanted a home birth with Jamie because of our limited choices at the birthing center, but it was too late at that point). I even called the midwife before moving to this area a year ago. I even planned exactly what age I wanted Jamie to be when we would start TTC. So, I am very excited, but a bit nervous because planning something that is out of my control isn't always a good idea .
Old 10-09-2008, 11:45 PM

Name: Shyana (or you can call me Shy)

EDD: June 23, 2009

Other children and their ages: just one little furbaby who's 4

Hometown/state/province: Dallas, TX

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): I'm a NICU/NSY nurse and work full time but hope to cut back when little bit comes.

Birth plans: If my body allows, a birthing center birth. I have other factors that might cause me to be high risk but as of now that's my plan.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: very excited and also nervous....had a m/c earlier this year so just hoping this little one stays put.

dreads.gif  ribbonyellow.gif Proud Army Wife to DH ribbonyellow.gif  mama to one busy boy blahblah.gif and his dog2.gif  
Old 10-10-2008, 12:21 AM

Name: Kate

EDD: June 10, 2009

Other children and their ages: Lily 11, Annabelle 3 (my August girls)

Hometown/state/province: Boulder, CO

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): PT non-profit development director working from home most of the time. Annabelle attends Montessori school every morning.

Birth plans: 3rd homebirth.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I'm cautiously optimistic after two losses this year. I'm also 43 and will be 44 when this baby arrives. This is definitely my last try. We haven't been TTC or TTA, just going with the flow. The one month I *wasn't* TTC, we got pg! So we are surprised, but nervous and both trying to cultivate peace of mind.

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
Old 10-10-2008, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivkah View Post

Ha! We should have a play date sometime.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Name: Ananda

EDD: June 17th

Other children and their ages: C (dd) 11, T (ds) 9

Hometown/state/province: Austin

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): I work 2 part-time jobs and I'm also a self-employed aesthetician

Birth plans: Not sure....I'd like to UC but we'll see what happens

Thoughts about this pregnancy: DP and I are very happy and excited. This will most likely be my last baby so I'm really going to try to enjoy it. I didn't enjoy pregnancy the last two time but I'm hoping this will be somewhat fun.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Updated to here.

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:48 PM

Name: MoonJelly

EDD: 20 June 09

{Partner to DH  and Former WOHM, now SAHM  to DD, DD , and DS } *** ***
Old 10-11-2008, 01:31 AM

Name: Jess

EDD: 9/16

Other children and their ages: my partner has a 5 yr old daughter

Hometown/state/province: WA

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): mental health therapist

Birth plans: w/ a midwife in a birthing center

Thoughts about this pregnancy: we are thrilled and nervous and really looking forward to adding to our family :

stillheart.gif Momma-ing the Muffin since October 2011!

Old 10-11-2008, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Updated to here.

Does anyone know if there's some way I can switch this thread over to someone else to update etc? It would be nice if it could keep going even after I go... :

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:54 PM

blissful_maia- I wouldn't worry about it . We can still have the thread and the survey, but we have the other roll call for edd. Take care of yourself mama

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

Old 10-11-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyetamommy View Post
blissful_maia- I wouldn't worry about it . We can still have the thread and the survey, but we have the other roll call for edd. Take care of yourself mama
I agree. I would ask the moderators for it to be removed from a sticky thread, and just unsubscribe from it. You need to take care of yourself right now and not get email updates.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:33 AM

I'm in!

Name: Karissa

EDD: June 3rd

Other children and their ages: Margeaux, 22mo

Hometown/state/province: Seattle

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): WOH, online advertising

Birth plans: Midwife and doula at birthing center

Thoughts about this pregnancy: Um...surprise! In a good way. Guess it was just in the plans for us. Can't wait 'til everybody knows and we're happily in the 2nd trimester. Looking forward to doing it all over again.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:56 PM

Name: Bree

EDD: June 13th

Other children and their ages: This is my 1st!

Hometown/state/province: Utah

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): I'm a nanny, with sah when the babe comes

Birth plans: homebirth with a midwife

Thoughts about this pregnancy: Sooooo excited! I had an early loss in August, so while I'm a little nervous, my tests are much darker and I've actually already passed the point when I lost my first baby. I feel strangely calm about it, but we will still wait a while to tell the world (my family knows and that's it). Dh and I can't wait to become parents!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

Old 10-12-2008, 04:14 PM

Name: Karen

EDD: June 24th

Other children and their ages: Mariska Katherine 20 months

Hometown/state/province: Montgomery Cty Maryland

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): SAHM

Birth plans: Still working on it!

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I just did an early pregnancy test last night so it is still sinking in. So excited and yet really, really nervous. I was so calm last time but I had no idea what I was getting into! LOL! I am still nursing my 20 month old and wondering how that will go through pregnancy. I had to cut her back from the million times a day she was nursing to approximately 5x per day where she is now in order to conceive. DD mostly took that in stride so I am hoping we can work together as an obstacles come along. I can't believe I am going to be blessed again!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 04:45 PM

Name: Lauren

EDD: June 24

Other children and their ages: One ds, 9/05

Hometown/state/province: Somewhere near Philadelphia, PA

Birth plans: I had a wonderful experience at a birth center with our son. I am leaning toward a homebirth this time, although I have lot of talking to do to convince DH.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: Thrilled!!! It took us a while to get here I am already dreading the nausea though. I was very sick with ds and don't want a repeat of that. On the other hand, I want to savor it all because it will likely be our last pregnancy.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:01 PM

Name: Katie

EDD: 6/20/09 based on my dates

Other children and their ages: Tianna - 11, Kierstan - 9, Damian - 5, Brennin - 3, Hamilton - 7 months

Hometown/state/province: Harrisburg, PA

Birth plans: Another home birth

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I'm hoping for a girl this time to even up the score but if we are blessed with another boy I won't be disappointed. We weren't planning to have any more but this little sweetie has other plans for us. I'm just nervous about having two so close together.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:05 AM

Name: Amy

EDD: app. 6/19/09

Other children and their ages: None

Hometown/state/province: Jacksonville, FL

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): WOH for the city

Birth plans: No clue

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I am terrified. I just did a home pregnancy test about 3 hours ago and it came back positive. I am in the process of a divorce and the baby's father is a FWB -- not even a boyfriend. I am starting a brand new job tomorrow (Monday, October 13) and I don't have insurance. I am, quite honestly, scared to death right now.

Me , + 4 + 2 rats = home
Zoe Faith ~ 11/01/08
Old 10-13-2008, 10:35 AM

Name: Katie

EDD: Loosely, May 30th

Other children and their ages: I have a three year old boy and a one year old boy (and I have four losses--three first trimester losses, one second trimester loss--they were all mixed up with the full-term babies)

Hometown/state/province: Minnesota

Birth plans: NATURAL, I have an obgyn right now--but I'm considering homebirth...so we'll see

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I've seen a strong, fast heartbeat already--so I'm way more optimistic, but I'm not delusional (I have a bad track record)--I'm incredibly excited though!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:13 AM

Name: Jessie

EDD: early June-ish

Other children and their ages: Nate will be 10 in 2 weeks, Gunner is 7.5, Ana is 5.5 and Ali will be 3 on Wednesday.

Hometown/state/province: Vancouver, WA

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): Neither! I run my own small business from home sewing clothing, diapers, bags and other items.

Birth plans: I haven't thought that far ahead yet. All 4 of my births have been in hospitals, but Dh would love a homebirth. It's something for us to discuss over the next few months.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: Running the gamut of emotions. Excitement, fear, anxiety, happiness ~ it's all there. We thought our last child was our *last* child and gave away every single stitch of baby clothing, every single baby item. We have nothing at all for a baby here. On the plus side, I'm fairly adept with a sewing machine and can turn my skills in making infant items for others into making infant items for my own.

User Tag List