The "Let's get to know each other!" Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 179 Old 09-26-2008, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hey mamas, this is going to be an intense 9 months, so let's get to know each other better! Share as much as you feel comfortable sharing!

Name:

EDD:

Other children and their ages:

Hometown/state/province:

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home):

Birth plans:

Thoughts about this pregnancy:

: June mamas! :

triplembride (Megan): EDD May 24/09
Miasmamma (Erin): EDD May 31/09
Shonahsmom (Jenna): EDD late May/early June
mama2j&t (Leah): EDD early June
Alohamelly (Melissa): EDD early June
WeasleyMum (Mara): EDD June 1/09
Critty (Christie): EDD June 1/09
surprisedmama (Morag): EDD June 1/09
MisaGoat (Melissa): EDD June 1/09
rivkah: EDD June 1/09
no5no5 (June): EDD June 3/09
laralou: EDD June 3/09
blissful_maia (Sabrina): EDD June 4/09
Avani (Avani): EDD June 5/09
nyakanyasko (Jessica): EDD June 6/09
sonuptosondown (Deb): EDD June 7/09
ChrissieColinsMom (Chrissie): EDD June 7/09
aprilv (April): EDD June 8/09
musiclady (Lori): EDD June 8/09
maisiedotes (Kerri): EDD June 8/09
FeminineFigure (Michelle): EDD June 8/09
sunflwrmoonbeam (Ashley): EDD June 8/09
maclolo (Anya): EDD June 8/09
mmpmelmack (Melissa): EDD June 9/09
BlissfullyLoving: EDD June 9/09
evanleighorion (Erin): EDD June 10/09
chely7425 (Rachel): EDD June 10/09
blumom2boyz (Tanya): June 10/09
apparitions (Patsy): EDD June 10/09
ktmama (Kate):EDD June 10/09
MrsTC (Tresa): EDD June 11/09
LaMarmotte: EDD June 11/09
liss_420 (Melissa): EDD June 12/09
2in09: EDD June 12/09
bdoody11 (Bree): EDD June 12/09
Monk Monk (Jen): EDD June 12/09
erin_brycesmom (Erin): EDD June 13/09
Carlin (Carlin): EDD June 13/09
Nnejy (Jennifer): EDD June 13/09
milkydoula (Erin): EDD June 14/09
carmen358 (Carmen): EDD June 14/09
Mel4ministry (Melissa): EDD mid June
warrior_mama (Caroline): EDD mid June
tubulidentata2 (Carrie): EDD mid to late June
Cuau: EDD June 15/09
gabby_mom_74 (Christi): EDD June 15/09
kisskisskiddo (Michele): EDD June 16/09
rainface (Jess): EDD June 16/09
PoppyMama (Ananda): EDD June 17/09
RachaelsMommy (Erin): EDD June 18/09
summerbaby (Clare): EDD June 18/09
boscopup (Vera): EDD June 18/09
maxwill129 (Shannon): EDD June 20/09
MoonJelly: EDD June 20/09
because (Jessica): EDD June 21/09
Shy0717 (Shyana): EDD June 23/09

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#2 of 179 Old 09-26-2008, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Name: Sabrina

EDD: June 4/09. but not counting on it as my other dds were very "late"!

Other children and their ages: Ayla, who is 4.5, and Maija, who will be 2 in a couple days! :

Hometown/state/province: Ontario, Canada

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): I am a student midwife, and I will be a "real" registered (and paid ) midwife by the time this babe is born! But I do already live the schedule of a midwife, which might present its challenges in the next 9 months!

Birth plans: I am really, truly considering UC, but at the very least will be having a hands-off homebirth with a midwife.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I am thrilled, but also a little bit overwhelmed! There is lots to think about and plan, and a lot of emotions to work through.

So happy to be here with all of you! :

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#3 of 179 Old 09-26-2008, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Name: Mara

EDD: June 1st

Other children and their ages: none

Hometown/state/province: Virginia

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): Banking (fun times right now!)

Birth plans: Way too soon to think about it for me.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: This is my fifth pregnancy in 2 years-- four miscarriages. Even though my infertility docs can't find anything "wrong" with us, the odds still seem higher that this will end up being m/c # 5, rather than our first baby. So, I'm trying to remain neutral and calm about the pregnancy and not get all excited and hopeful. If things seem to be progressing later on, then I'll be so thrilled. (OTOH, I had my betas done Monday and Wednesday, and they were the best I've ever had, so there's that. And I've been a little queasy already, which I've never felt before 6 weeks before.) But I am NOT getting my hopes up. Our first u/s is October 13th, when I'll be 6 weeks.

ETA: Sabrina, what's the story behind your Ayla's name? It totally makes me think of Clan of the Cave Bear and the rest of that series...

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#4 of 179 Old 09-26-2008, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
[(OTOH, I had my betas done Monday and Wednesday, and they were the best I've ever had, so there's that. And I've been a little queasy already, which I've never felt before 6 weeks before.) But I am NOT getting my hopes up.
I'll not get my hopes up with you, but it sounds wonderful to me!

Quote:
ETA: Sabrina, what's the story behind your Ayla's name? It totally makes me think of Clan of the Cave Bear and the rest of that series...
That's where we got the idea at first! We also really love the meanings: tender affection (Hebrew) and the glow of the full moon (Turkish).

#5 of 179 Old 09-26-2008, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Name: Jenna

EDD: Late May/Early June

Other children and their ages: Daughter, Shonah, almost 9 years old

Hometown/state/province: Chicago, IL

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): WOH full-time in publishing

Birth plans: homebirth, possibly UC

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I'm thrilled. I found and married the most wonderful man in the world and the three of us, my husband, my daughter and I, are so excited about this baby. I wasn't sure if I would ever have another child and I'm so over the moon.
#6 of 179 Old 09-26-2008, 04:54 PM

Name: Christie

EDD: June 1, 2009

Other children and their ages: 0

Hometown/state/province: 30 mins North of Toronto, Ontario

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): Work from home (still in my jammies today - oops!)

Birth plans: We have a surrogate, so we are following her plan. Her last two deliveries were cesarian, we are following her lead, as it is HER body, she is just lending it to us. Women's College Hospital in Toronto has a surrogacy suite with 2 rooms so we can all stay together, which is wonderful.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: Over the moon! I have had an autoimmune illness for 4 years and we have explored adoption and surrogacy and finally met our amazing gestational carrier and we are now pregnant. We are so grateful to God/the Universe, our amazing surrogate M, our families and friends. We just got the beta today and it was 591 (day 17) so I am weepy and excited and 100% thrilled. I have had friends and my SIL offer to donate breast milk and I hope to find others to donate as well. I know my hubby will be a fantastic father, so I am so excited for him too. And I am honored to be part of this club
#7 of 179 Old 09-26-2008, 06:29 PM

Name:Melissa

EDD: late may/ early june "officialy" 6/9/09

Other children and their ages: David is 2

Hometown/state/province: baltimore, ohio

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): I am a nanny and DS comes to work with me!

Birth plans: Homebirth, just deciding wether or not to switch midwives...

Thoughts about this pregnancy: not too excited yet, we have had a lot of miscarriages, but its time I give every PG the positive vibes it deserves.
#8 of 179 Old 09-27-2008, 12:30 AM

Name: Morag

EDD: June 1, 2009

Other children and their ages: Makayla daughter 7 and Keiran son 4.5

Hometown/state/province: Vancouver BC

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): WOH 2 days home the rest

Birth plans: Home Birth

Thoughts about this pregnancy: Very surprised I was on the pill and didn't get my period at the end of the pack. I even took it every day at the exact time. I guess we are a fertile bunch.
#9 of 179 Old 09-27-2008, 01:19 AM

Name: Jessica

EDD: 6/6/09

Other children and their ages: Amina just turned 2

Hometown/state/province: Goleta, California

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): SAHM

Birth plans: VBAC but I will have to travel to LA for this as there are VBAC bans at all the hospitals in this area. Definitely learned a lot in the 2 years since Amina's birth and hope to have a more empowering experience.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks before Amina, so I am still a bit wary to get excited...but honestly, I'm really excited and happy!

Jessica, Wife to Owen (6/7/03), mom to Amina (9/20/06) : and Colm (5/30/09) :

#10 of 179 Old 09-27-2008, 09:05 AM

Name: June

EDD: 6/3-6/6

Other children and their ages: DD 2 1/2

Hometown/state/province: Uhhh...in N. Florida at the moment, originally from the midwest, and spent the last ten years in the southwest.

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): SAHM.

Birth plans: Who knows. Last time it was a hospital birth, which worked out well, but I had a very supportive/relaxed family practice doc delivering. This time we're in a new (conservative) state and I'm not sure I'll be comfortable in a hospital with an OB...so considering a homebirth. Or a birthing center birth. We shall see.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: ::: FINALLY. LOL.
#11 of 179 Old 09-27-2008, 11:01 AM

Name: Avani

EDD: June 5,2009

Other children and their ages: I have five beautiful children that are 11,8,6,3, and my youngest turns two in October

Hometown/state/province: I'm in northern Cali

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): Full time student and mama

Birth plans: My last was a UC and i homebirthed all my others and i believe this one will be a planned UC but my good friends consist of midwives and doulas and i know they will want to be at the birth so we shall see!

Thoughts about this pregnancy: Total surprise. I have been on the pill, i am a single mama of 5 babies and i go to school full time and i just recently met a man who we both decided we wanted to be life partners and felt that we were soul mates. After we had that talk with each other about committing to each other for life, i found out i was pregnant. He is a single dad to 1 and i am a single mama to 5 so we are about to make a huge life change with each other. I am feeling optimistically crazy right now. For any of you that may already know me, i left an abusive partner (father to my other children) after many years of marriage and my children and I went through a lot during the last two years since i left. I am raising the kids on my own while going to school full time and i get nothing from the dad and he doesn't visit. So this is huge and intense for me and my family, but somehow it is meant to be so i am going with it. I am a firm believer in manifestation, so somehow this baby is coming to my partner and I (and our respective families) for a reason.

Blissfull Maia i certainly know you and your story and i am very happy to see that you have managed to transcend your relationship to this beautiful level.

Quite the introduction, i know, but since we will be getting to know each other over the next 9 months or so i want you all to know my background first.
#12 of 179 Old 09-27-2008, 03:36 PM

Name: Deb

EDD: 6/7/09

Other children and their ages: two boys, 7 and 5, and a girl, 2.

Hometown/state/province: Delaware

Birth plans: Hospital, most likely an induction at 38 weeks because of previous losses and preeclampsia.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I am very nervous because I'm having some spotting and cramping and my progesterone is low, but I am very encouraged that the little bean is hanging in there! My dh and I so very much want one more living child to make our family complete. We feel so blessed.

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#13 of 179 Old 09-27-2008, 04:46 PM

Name: Bliss

EDD: 6-9-09

Other children and their ages: DS age 4

Hometown/state/province: New England

Birth plans: Homebirth maybe UC

Thoughts about this pregnancy: Just a got a bfp today. Nervous. We had a loss in January, so I feel like I am just waiting it out for a while. We are so excited too, and I feel really at peace.
#14 of 179 Old 09-27-2008, 06:08 PM

Name: liss

EDD: 6-12-09

Other children and their ages: dd age 17 mos.

Hometown/state/province: albuquerque, new mexico

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): student midwife, but done doing births for a while in feb. it is hard to be a student midwife with a demanding 17 mo. old; i'm barely doing it, but it's only my first year. i imagine it'll get better once the new baby is about 2 and a little more ready to be taken care of by someone other than me (i'm on the 5 year plan to get this done)

Birth plans: home birth, possibly uc; depends if a midwife makes it to my house on time/ how long the labor is.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: excited and surprised. we had put ttc on hold while we got some situations worked out with our house and health insurance. apparently, this baby doesn't want to wait!
#15 of 179 Old 09-27-2008, 09:14 PM

Name: April

EDD: June 8

Other children and their ages: Tony- 23 months today

Hometown/state/province: central NJ

Birth plans: so excited to home birth

Thoughts about this pregnancy: we are thrilled! for a long time we thought be wanted our children at least 3 yrs apart, but suddenly a few months ago, we both wanted another baby NOW! dh was starting a new job, so we had some difficulty with timing (stressful days/trips for training at times when i was ovulating), but we knew it would happen when it was meant to. very excited!!
#16 of 179 Old 09-27-2008, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Avani... When I saw your name here, I was so excited! May these new souls coming into our lives bring so much healing and love!

BlissfullyLoving... I am so happy you got your BFP! It's so neat "knowing" people on the TTC boards and sharing our triumphs!

liss_420... Guess your little one had other plans! I remember your thoughtful post a month or two ago about waiting! Glad the acupuncture made you ultra-fertile and brought this new one into your life!

And to everyone else!

#17 of 179 Old 09-27-2008, 10:29 PM

Name: Leah

EDD: Early June

Other children and their ages: Boys 6 & 4 and Girl 2

Hometown/state/province: Ft Worth TX

Birth plans: probably birthcenter

Thoughts about this pregnancy: This was an accident.... well surprise i guess! We were "done" and I'm still adjusting I love being a mama so I'm sure this will turn out to be a huge blessing.
#18 of 179 Old 09-28-2008, 12:23 AM

Name: Melissa

EDD: June 1st

Other children and their ages: I have one son who just turned 2

Hometown/state/province: NJ

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): Student (graduating in December!)

Birth plans: As of now I probably will have a hospital birth with midwives. If I am able to get a job right after I graduate and switch insurance plans or have enough income to cover a home birth midwife I will. But as of now I don't have the money to pay out of pocket and I don't have any out of network benefits.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I am happy to be pregnant. I took a home pregnancy test on Thursday night and found out. I had a miscarriage in July at 11 weeks so I am a little worried about this pregnancy. I am not as excited as I was when I found out I was pregnant last time. I really do want to be pregnant and have another baby, but I don't want to be disappointed. Once I get further along I will probably be more excited.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
#19 of 179 Old 09-28-2008, 12:24 AM

Thanks for the welcome blissful!

Congratulations to everyone!
#20 of 179 Old 09-28-2008, 05:50 PM

Name: Lori

EDD: June 8, 2009

Other children and their ages: three stepchildren, 24, 21, 19

Hometown/state/province: SC

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): High School band director (this should be interesting)

Birth plans: honestly, scared to death about this part, and I firmly believe that drugs were invented for a reason. So, I hope to have enough to alleviate enough pain that I can manage, and not hurt the baby.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: I'm excited, but it's so early that I'm also nervous. I've been getting really queasy and today have been in the bathroom all day. But not puking, IYKWIM. Sorry, TMI- but it's like my body is getting turned inside out. Really gassy too- lots of burping. Weird.

Luckily, I have a close friend who is 3 months along with her 3rd child, so she's been a good sounding board. Everytime I go to the bathroom, I'm afraid I'll see AF. So, I'm starting to finally relax a little.

Mostly, I'm just so happy to begin this adventure with my lovely husband. We are finally making our family. I love him so much and I'm so excited to experience this with him. Sappy. Sorry. :

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
#21 of 179 Old 09-28-2008, 06:22 PM

Name: Melly/Melissa

EDD: Early June

Other children and their ages: DD, age 11 and DS, age 13 months

Hometown/state/province: Originally from Hawaii but am currently at Ft. Lewis, WA.

Birth plans: None yet

Thoughts about this pregnancy: Lots, mostly negative right now. Still trying to process ...

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#22 of 179 Old 09-29-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamelly View Post
Name: Melly/Melissa
Other children and their ages: DD, age 11 and DS, age 13 months

Thoughts about this pregnancy: Lots, mostly negative right now. Still trying to process ...
Wow, I'd still be trying to process, too. That's a lot to deal with!

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#23 of 179 Old 09-29-2008, 01:44 PM

Hi Everyone!
I just 30 min ago got my BFP and I am still shocked. We were not officially "trying" but we were not "not trying" either.
Name: Kerri

EDD: I think 6/8/09

Other children and their ages: DD Mairaed, 10 months, and missing DS,Doran, born still 7/6/05

Hometown/state/province: Dresden, Maine

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): Kitchen manager/pastry chef

Birth plans: Wow. it is all so new still. I am high-risk and am such a basket case anyways... I usually go with my gut with everything. I had a drug-free birth with my son because it was all so traumatic, I just wanted it to end, and then with DD I was induced so I guess if I can go as natural as possible...

Thoughts about this pregnancy: well, as I said above, I am still nervous as I lost my son a few years ago and we don't know why.

I know it is too early to tell people but we did call our parents, who are totally shocked too! I am going to have a 19-month-old and a newborn! I better work on my patience....

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#24 of 179 Old 09-29-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisiedotes View Post
Hi Everyone!
I just 30 min ago got my BFP and I am still shocked. We were not officially "trying" but we were not "not trying" either.
Name: Kerri

EDD: I think 6/8/09

Other children and their ages: DD Mairaed, 10 months, and missing DS,Doran, born still 7/6/05

Hometown/state/province: Dresden, Maine

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): Kitchen manager/pastry chef

Birth plans: Wow. it is all so new still. I am high-risk and am such a basket case anyways... I usually go with my gut with everything. I had a drug-free birth with my son because it was all so traumatic, I just wanted it to end, and then with DD I was induced so I guess if I can go as natural as possible...

Thoughts about this pregnancy: well, as I said above, I am still nervous as I lost my son a few years ago and we don't know why.

I know it is too early to tell people but we did call our parents, who are totally shocked too! I am going to have a 19-month-old and a newborn! I better work on my patience....
Congratulations and welcome! I am sorry about your son.
#25 of 179 Old 10-01-2008, 06:46 PM

Name: Melissa

EDD: mid June

Other children and their ages: Cadence, age 2.5

Hometown/state/province: Greenville, MI

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): SAHM - I babysit my nephew a couple evenings a week and also do sewing projects for friends

Birth plans: Homebirth :-)

Thoughts about this pregnancy: Still in shock! Definetely excited, but also nervous.
#26 of 179 Old 10-01-2008, 11:26 PM

wow! there are a lot of melissa's in this ddc! i'm one of 'em, but you can call me liss
#27 of 179 Old 10-02-2008, 02:19 PM

I am officially joining...

Name: Erin

EDD: May 31st, but I went late with DD, so I joined the June club!

Other Children: Amelia who is 27 months

Hometown/State: Oregon Oh

Birth Plans: Homebirth

Thoughts about this pregnancy: My DH would like everyone to know that TCOYF worked for us... in the wrong way!!! We weren't trying, at all. So it's a shock, but a welcome one.

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#28 of 179 Old 10-02-2008, 08:14 PM

Name: Michelle

EDD: 6/8/09

Other children and their ages: 2 stepdaughters, 10 and 7

Hometown/state/province: WI

Occupation (SAHM or work outside the home): business owner

Birth plans: would love a homebirth, but as a 1st time mom, I'm nervous about that (and it would drive my mother insane), so instead I'm probably going with a hospital birth with a VERY supportive family doctor with an OB specialty who has been recommended by several local homebirth midwives. Stubbornly want a natural birth if possible.

Thoughts about this pregnancy: Very excited! It is a bit early since I'm getting MARRIED next month to my sweetheart of 4 years. It hasn't quite sunk in with him yet. I'm nervous, but optimistic!
#29 of 179 Old 10-03-2008, 10:02 AM

I thought I should let you all know that I am on dial-up internet, so I will be posting a little less than others. We live way out in the country.
#30 of 179 Old 10-03-2008, 10:20 AM

I'm in!:

EDD: June 3, 2009

Other children: Taylor, boy, 14yo
Tabitha and Tristyn, girl twins, almost 6

Hometown/state/province: Alabama

Occupation: parttime preschool director (20hrs at a church 2.5 mi from me, 10 at home)

Birthplans: I want a VBAC, but I am nervous. My doc doesn't want me to VBAC, but we are still negotiating. I always wanted a homebirth, but I won't do it this time.

Thoughts about pregnancy: I am excited, but very scared I will have twins again or that the baby might have health problems due to my age. Dh didn't want more kids at all. He has managed to be happy about this, but twins or a baby with issues would totally stress him out. I am anxious for 2 more weeks to see if it is more than one.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page