Pregnant after IF/loss - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 369 Old 11-01-2008, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
Thank you MisaGoat & MiracleMama for introducing yourselves and welcome to the group.

As for me, I finally made my first (second) prenatal appointment. It is on Tuesday. I am so, so nervous, even though all it is is a history and a doppler check for the HB. I feel like if (when?) they don't find a HB I will sob the whole way home, and probably die in a fiery car crash. Even though I know at 9 weeks a HB with a doppler is not guaranteed. I wish DH could come, but he's got to work. Oh well. DD will come, so maybe she will keep me cheery.

ETA: I am 9 weeks today. I would say : but I'm not feeling very positive right now.

What about running more bloodwork? Would that be helpful if you are not able to hear the HB yet? I didn't hear the HB with my first pregnancy until I was closer to 12 weeks- everything was completely fine.

I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday!
#362 of 369 Old 11-01-2008, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post

What about running more bloodwork? Would that be helpful if you are not able to hear the HB yet? I didn't hear the HB with my first pregnancy until I was closer to 12 weeks- everything was completely fine.

I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday!
Thanks. I think more bloodwork at this point can only make me crazier. I am actually wishing I hadn't even had my betas done at all. I sort of feel like pretending I am not pregnant--not going to prenatal appointments, not talking about it, not thinking about it, etc. I don't know. I don't think anything could induce me to have a D&C unless I started to get an infection or something...and nothing but time is really going to induce me to feel confident either. So I just don't see what the point is.

With DD, we heard her heart the instant the doppler touched me. I think that was about 8 weeks. I know it can vary based on where the placenta is, etc., but I also know myself well enough to know that if we don't hear a heartbeat, I will lose it. I am being totally irrational. I recognize that.
#363 of 369 Old 11-01-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critty View Post
That was kinda rude of the nurse! But "ultrasound-dildo" - ROTFL!!!!
Oh no, she's really cool. She just sort of did this squeaky baby-voice when she saw the embryo, saying "don't worry mama, I'm right here, see? Look at my heartbeat!" in a silly sort of way. She was awesome to me w/ my first two m/c's, (gave me her cellphone number and said call anytime) so I could forgive almost anything now but it didn't bother me.

Welcome MisaGoat and MiracleMama!

No5No5, : for hearing the heartbeat on the first try. I know how much it will set your heart at ease! BTW, what is the story behind your user-name? It's such a mystery!

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#364 of 369 Old 11-01-2008, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
No5No5, : for hearing the heartbeat on the first try. I know how much it will set your heart at ease! BTW, what is the story behind your user-name? It's such a mystery!
Thanks.

Well, way back when, years & years ago, the first time I ever made a user name for anything, ever...I tried my name & variations of my name & everything else I could think of and they had all been taken. Eventually I tried "No!No!" just because I got so frustrated...and it worked, and it cracked me up so I kept it. Then when I went to a site that didn't allow exclamation points in the user name, I substituted the number 5. So not a super exciting story, but that's it. It has no significance to anything about me, other than my ability to get easily frustrated and crack myself up at the same time.
#365 of 369 Old 11-01-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Thanks.

Well, way back when, years & years ago, the first time I ever made a user name for anything, ever...I tried my name & variations of my name & everything else I could think of and they had all been taken. Eventually I tried "No!No!" just because I got so frustrated...and it worked, and it cracked me up so I kept it. Then when I went to a site that didn't allow exclamation points in the user name, I substituted the number 5. So not a super exciting story, but that's it. It has no significance to anything about me, other than my ability to get easily frustrated and crack myself up at the same time.
That's awesome. It's always been a puzzle to me because most usernames aren't too hard to figure out but yours was just... huh. No5 what? WHAT? I think mine labels me as a hardcore Harry Potter fan, which was definitely the intent.

Also, since we're heading onto 20 pages, what do others think of starting a PALS Part II thread to replace this one? Super-long threads can be a bit overwhelming...

#366 of 369 Old 11-01-2008, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
That's awesome. It's always been a puzzle to me because most usernames aren't too hard to figure out but yours was just... huh. No5 what? WHAT? I think mine labels me as a hardcore Harry Potter fan, which was definitely the intent.

Also, since we're heading onto 20 pages, what do others think of starting a PALS Part II thread to replace this one? Super-long threads can be a bit overwhelming...
Oh, ha ha ha. I thought Weasley must just be your name. I am a pretty hardcore HP fan, too, so the fact that I made that assumption is just silly.

We had planned on starting a new thread in November...and Bliss said she'd start it, as I recall. Can we include IF in the new thread, though? I just want to be sure I (and a few others) will still be welcome, even though I have not had a loss. I think I fit in here pretty well...but I guess I could be wrong.
#367 of 369 Old 11-01-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Oh, ha ha ha. I thought Weasley must just be your name. I am a pretty hardcore HP fan, too, so the fact that I made that assumption is just silly.

We had planned on starting a new thread in November...and Bliss said she'd start it, as I recall. Can we include IF in the new thread, though? I just want to be sure I (and a few others) will still be welcome, even though I have not had a loss. I think I fit in here pretty well...but I guess I could be wrong.
I thought JKR pretty much made up the name Weasley! Although I would love it if that were actually my name... DH has banned any and all Harry-Potter based names for future offspring.

Anyway I meant another thread just like this one, I just typed PALS because it's quicker to type. IF is its own kind of loss, anyways, and of course you fit in here. BTW it IS November now!

#368 of 369 Old 11-01-2008, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I thought JKR pretty much made up the name Weasley! Although I would love it if that were actually my name... DH has banned any and all Harry-Potter based names for future offspring.

Anyway I meant another thread just like this one, I just typed PALS because it's quicker to type. IF is its own kind of loss, anyways, and of course you fit in here. BTW it IS November now!
Yeah, I always thought that too until I saw your user name. Again, Does the name ban apply to all HP names, or just the weird ones? What about, e.g., James?

Good. No worries. I know it's November (), but I guess we can wait for Bliss to start the thread, unless she prefers not to.
#369 of 369 Old 11-02-2008, 08:56 AM

Sorry for the delay. I have been so sick. Here is the new thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...1#post12517791

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page