Pregnant after IF/loss - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#121 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 11:20 AM
 
Critty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Manifest - crossing my fingers everything is a-ok and the ultrasound is amazing on Thursday!! Our u/s is on Sat, our numbers seem to be high for a singleton and low for twins (they put in 2 embies) so we shall see .... Sending you positive wishes all day Thursday!!!
Critty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#122 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 12:05 PM
 
WeasleyMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 2,859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox View Post
I am in a similar boat (no nausea yet, though last time it took until 6 weeks, and I am only 5wks 2days, and no breast tenderness anymore) Though its odd what symptoms 'comfort' me and what other ones I seem to ignore. My best friend was listening to me worry last night about symptoms and she asked me if I was as constipated (TMI, sorry) as the last time (I notice it a lot since I tend to be on the 'loose' side all the time) and I am - I just don't count it as a 'reassuring' symptom! I don't know why. Nausea and breast tenderness, yes, little hard poos no.
OK, at the "hard little poos". I don't see it as a symptom, either, since mine at least can be attributed more to prenatal vitamins and their iron, than to the pregnancy. I know because when I start getting uncomfortable, I stop the vitamins (subbing plain folic acid) until I am good again. Maybe 24 hours after the last vitamin, I can poop happy, so I know it's them and not the pg.

I was nauseous this morning, fatigued the last two evenings, and my boobs are crazy sore. But I've been here before, so I'm not getting too excited about it. (At least, I'm trying not to...) I'm 6 weeks today or tomorrow... (weird, post-MC period makes it hard to determine.)

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

WeasleyMum is offline  
#123 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter
 
no5no5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieColinsMom View Post
Can I get back with you after my 11am ultrasound?

And a huge thank you to you for putting the list togethor.
I am _so_ hoping that you get good news.
no5no5 is offline  
#124 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
 
ChrissieColinsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
I am _so_ hoping that you get good news.
Go ahead and add me to the pg list. The ultrasound showed a sac on track for 5 weeks.

Seeing the stats from my previous pg on the screen upset me for a bit, but I'm feeling great now.
ChrissieColinsMom is offline  
#125 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 01:12 PM
 
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieColinsMom View Post
Go ahead and add me to the pg list. The ultrasound showed a sac on track for 5 weeks.

Seeing the stats from my previous pg on the screen upset me for a bit, but I'm feeling great now.
Congrats! Your instincts were right on track. :

Sorry you had to see the stats from your other pregnancy.
BlissfullyLoving is offline  
#126 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 01:19 PM
 
sunflwrmoonbeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Critty, what were your numbers? I ask because according to betabase my number was double the median of a singleton for my dpo (20) but right at the median of twins. Of course, it could mean nothing. I'm just hoping for a good beta tomorrow.

I'm like 5w2d from LMP today. Almost no nausea, and I usually have pretty bad nausea each month. I'm a bit concerned, but I did have good numbers yesterday. And if I have it right, the whole "morning sickness=less miscarriage risk" is really "high hCG=less miscarriage risk", and I at least have a higher hCG....

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
sunflwrmoonbeam is offline  
#127 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 01:56 PM
 
ChrissieColinsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Critty, what were your numbers? I ask because according to betabase my number was double the median of a singleton for my dpo (20) but right at the median of twins. Of course, it could mean nothing. I'm just hoping for a good beta tomorrow.

I'm like 5w2d from LMP today. Almost no nausea, and I usually have pretty bad nausea each month. I'm a bit concerned, but I did have good numbers yesterday. And if I have it right, the whole "morning sickness=less miscarriage risk" is really "high hCG=less miscarriage risk", and I at least have a higher hCG....
This is the site I've been using to reference hcg #s: http://www.bobrow.net/kimberly/birth/hcglevels.html

What was your last hcg # & how far along were you then?
Mine was Monday at 5 weeks give or take a few days, 6450.
ChrissieColinsMom is offline  
#128 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 02:16 PM
 
seafox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 680
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
OK, at the "hard little poos". I don't see it as a symptom, either, since mine at least can be attributed more to prenatal vitamins and their iron, than to the pregnancy. I know because when I start getting uncomfortable, I stop the vitamins (subbing plain folic acid) until I am good again. Maybe 24 hours after the last vitamin, I can poop happy, so I know it's them and not the pg.

I was nauseous this morning, fatigued the last two evenings, and my boobs are crazy sore. But I've been here before, so I'm not getting too excited about it. (At least, I'm trying not to...) I'm 6 weeks today or tomorrow... (weird, post-MC period makes it hard to determine.)
interesting that it could be the prenatals, although I took them from when I miscarried through TTC again and during that time I was back to my normal loose self! I am really much more used to having satisfying bathroom experiences I think I am going to buy some prunes today.

I am getting a tiny bit of that icky when too hungry feeling so I am hoping that leads to some real nausea soon (how odd to be hoping this!) but I am definitely weirded out that my breasts seem so fine. My hcg was high, so I figure its not a bad sign, but it still freaks me out. I do at least have the fatigue it seems. Its been SO hard to get out of bed in the AM to bike to work! I need to get to bed much earlier to compensate.


oh and to throw more HCG #''s out there, mine was 2038 at 4wks 4days, which is on the edge of normal (very high) but I think I implanted early, given when I had cramps that week.

I kind of wish I had gone to get another draw this week just to see doubling and all that. Instead no reassurance for another 3 weeks (first u/s) and I admit I am scared to death to go through that again - since last time that was the only thing that gave us the m/c news (since it was missed) I may ask not to see the screen until there's good news on it or something. That empty uterus picture still haunts me.

Chrissie, congrats on the u/s! that must be a big relief after your molar experience.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

seafox is offline  
#129 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 02:31 PM
 
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox View Post
I kind of wish I had gone to get another draw this week just to see doubling and all that. Instead no reassurance for another 3 weeks (first u/s) and I admit I am scared to death to go through that again - since last time that was the only thing that gave us the m/c news (since it was missed) I may ask not to see the screen until there's good news on it or something. That empty uterus picture still haunts me.

Chrissie, congrats on the u/s! that must be a big relief after your molar experience.
That is a good idea.
BlissfullyLoving is offline  
#130 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter
 
no5no5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieColinsMom View Post
Go ahead and add me to the pg list. The ultrasound showed a sac on track for 5 weeks.

Seeing the stats from my previous pg on the screen upset me for a bit, but I'm feeling great now.
: I am so happy for you, and I am delighted to move you up.
no5no5 is offline  
#131 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 03:05 PM
 
sunflwrmoonbeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine was 1674 at 20DPO, or 5w1d. I've been looking at betabase.info

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
sunflwrmoonbeam is offline  
#132 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 03:08 PM
 
seafox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 680
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Critty, what were your numbers? I ask because according to betabase my number was double the median of a singleton for my dpo (20) but right at the median of twins. Of course, it could mean nothing. I'm just hoping for a good beta tomorrow.

I'm like 5w2d from LMP today. Almost no nausea, and I usually have pretty bad nausea each month. I'm a bit concerned, but I did have good numbers yesterday. And if I have it right, the whole "morning sickness=less miscarriage risk" is really "high hCG=less miscarriage risk", and I at least have a higher hCG....
I hadn't looked at betabase before - mine was 5x the median for single and double the median of a twin pregnancy for the dpo I was (2038 at 18dpo) now I am freaking out a bit as to how high it was!

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

seafox is offline  
#133 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 05:02 PM
 
heatherh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BlissfullyLoving - 2 or even 3 m/c does not really increase your chances later on. Things are definitely in your favor! We'll help ya through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieColinsMom View Post
Go ahead and add me to the pg list. The ultrasound showed a sac on track for 5 weeks.
Yipee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
: I am so happy for you, and I am delighted to move you up.
Movin' on up (movin' on up)
To the east side...

Sorry
heatherh is offline  
#134 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 05:04 PM
 
heatherh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
no5no5 - Would you please update my info to something like
pregnant after two m/c since April '06?

Not officially diagnosed as IF but it took a long freaking time to get here. You can format however makes sense
heatherh is offline  
#135 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 05:18 PM
 
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherh View Post
BlissfullyLoving - 2 or even 3 m/c does not really increase your chances later on. Things are definitely in your favor! We'll help ya through.
Thanks Heather. I have been on the verge of tears all day. Just so scared, as I know you all understand. I think my already tender breasts are going to have bruises on them after all the squeezing to make sure they are still tender.
BlissfullyLoving is offline  
#136 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 05:23 PM
 
heatherh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Really. It'll be OK.

I'm with you in the scared department.

Why not just have yourself a good cry? Every couple of days (or so? more often? heck, I don't know) I just lose it. Then I feel better and say something positive to myself and the bean.
heatherh is offline  
#137 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter
 
no5no5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherh View Post
no5no5 - Would you please update my info to something like
pregnant after two m/c since April '06?

Not officially diagnosed as IF but it took a long freaking time to get here. You can format however makes sense
However you want it is how I'll put it. I tried to summarize using everyone's original words as much as possible.
no5no5 is offline  
#138 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 08:24 PM
 
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherh View Post
Really. It'll be OK.

I'm with you in the scared department.

Why not just have yourself a good cry? Every couple of days (or so? more often? heck, I don't know) I just lose it. Then I feel better and say something positive to myself and the bean.
I know you understand. I think I will take you up on the cry. I think I am trying so hard to stay positive that I am denying myself permission to feel the fears that are still lurking inside...if that makes sense. Thank you for reminding me that is ok to let these feelings out.
BlissfullyLoving is offline  
#139 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 08:28 PM
 
ManifestBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE



Hi, ManifestBaby - welcome! You've had quite a journey to get here. Congrats on 6 weeks! If you're going to have bleeding, everybody seems to think brown is the best type to have. I'll be thinking of you between now and Thursday and hoping for a healthy sticky baby(ies??) for you. [/QUOTE

Thank you I'm hoping for the same for all of us.

[QUOTE]Manifest - crossing my fingers everything is a-ok and the ultrasound is amazing on Thursday!! Our u/s is on Sat, our numbers seem to be high for a singleton and low for twins (they put in 2 embies) so we shall see .... Sending you positive wishes all day Thursday/QUOTE]

Thanks so much. The thought of twins is exciting isn't it? I'm praying that all of our dreams come true.

Bliss thanks for the :
ManifestBaby is offline  
#140 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 09:54 PM
 
heatherh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
no5no5 - 'tis good.

Yep, Blissfully - let that bad stuff out!
heatherh is offline  
#141 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
 
no5no5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yippee. I felt so queasy this am I had to RUN to the bathroom. Then I promptly felt better, but still. I am thrilled. I think that's pretty good for 5w5d.

A few weeks from now I will (hopefully) be regretting I ever wanted morning sickness.
no5no5 is offline  
#142 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 AM
 
sunflwrmoonbeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm getting a bit of queasiness too! Woo hoo!

2nd beta today. I've been promising the yet to be nicknamed that if it more than doubles it gets a pony.

Just because the pony's going to be plastic and possibly My Little doesn't mean it's not a pony!

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
sunflwrmoonbeam is offline  
#143 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 11:18 AM
 
WeasleyMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 2,859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Me: Guess what honey, the nausea started this morning! I almost heaved before work.

DH: That's great! I'm so glad you feel bad!

Me: Thanks babe. I really appreciate how supportive you're being...

DH: I hope you feel like SH** tomorrow!

DH:... also, your boobs look big.


(And the funny bit is, there's no sarcasm at all in this conversation.)

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

WeasleyMum is offline  
#144 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 11:40 AM
 
La Marmotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How's everyone doing today?

4w6d for me today. No betas, no US, no news, but no bleeding, so, I'll take it.
La Marmotte is offline  
#145 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 12:26 PM
 
ChrissieColinsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Mine was 1674 at 20DPO, or 5w1d. I've been looking at betabase.info

That sounds like a good #. Thank you sharing the site.

Manifest- I'm thinking about you today. Good luck!
ChrissieColinsMom is offline  
#146 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter
 
no5no5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
Me: Guess what honey, the nausea started this morning! I almost heaved before work.

DH: That's great! I'm so glad you feel bad!

Me: Thanks babe. I really appreciate how supportive you're being...

DH: I hope you feel like SH** tomorrow!

DH:... also, your boobs look big.


(And the funny bit is, there's no sarcasm at all in this conversation.)



Quote:
Originally Posted by La Marmotte View Post
How's everyone doing today?

4w6d for me today. No betas, no US, no news, but no bleeding, so, I'll take it.
Sounds perfect.
no5no5 is offline  
#147 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 01:31 PM
 
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
Me: Guess what honey, the nausea started this morning! I almost heaved before work.

DH: That's great! I'm so glad you feel bad!

Me: Thanks babe. I really appreciate how supportive you're being...

DH: I hope you feel like SH** tomorrow!

DH:... also, your boobs look big.


(And the funny bit is, there's no sarcasm at all in this conversation.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by La Marmotte View Post
How's everyone doing today?

4w6d for me today. No betas, no US, no news, but no bleeding, so, I'll take it.
That is about the same as me.
BlissfullyLoving is offline  
#148 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 02:02 PM
 
heatherh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
I'm getting a bit of queasiness too! Woo hoo!

2nd beta today. I've been promising the yet to be nicknamed that if it more than doubles it gets a pony.

Just because the pony's going to be plastic and possibly My Little doesn't mean it's not a pony!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
Me: Guess what honey, the nausea started this morning! I almost heaved before work.

DH: That's great! I'm so glad you feel bad!

Me: Thanks babe. I really appreciate how supportive you're being...

DH: I hope you feel like SH** tomorrow!

DH:... also, your boobs look big.


(And the funny bit is, there's no sarcasm at all in this conversation.)
You guys both crack me up

Same as yesterday. Nothing new going on. 'cept I'm 5w5d!
heatherh is offline  
#149 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 03:29 PM
 
ManifestBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chrissie- thanks

Ok, I just got back from my ultrasound. Two babies -could see one great looking heartbeat the other one he couldn't tell he said it might just be a little behind. :

I could go back in a week, if I want, for another scan but I think I'll just wait until my scheduled appointment with my OBGYN. I will pray they both stick around but I feel blessed to know that at least one probably will.
ManifestBaby is offline  
#150 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 03:33 PM
 
BlissfullyLoving's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManifestBaby View Post
Chrissie- thanks

Ok, I just got back from my ultrasound. Two babies -could see one great looking heartbeat the other one he couldn't tell he said it might just be a little behind. :

I could go back in a week, if I want, for another scan but I think I'll just wait until my scheduled appointment with my OBGYN. I will pray they both stick around but I feel blessed to know that at least one probably will.
::
BlissfullyLoving is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off