Pregnant after IF/loss - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Manifest - crossing my fingers everything is a-ok and the ultrasound is amazing on Thursday!! Our u/s is on Sat, our numbers seem to be high for a singleton and low for twins (they put in 2 embies) so we shall see .... Sending you positive wishes all day Thursday!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox View Post
I am in a similar boat (no nausea yet, though last time it took until 6 weeks, and I am only 5wks 2days, and no breast tenderness anymore) Though its odd what symptoms 'comfort' me and what other ones I seem to ignore. My best friend was listening to me worry last night about symptoms and she asked me if I was as constipated (TMI, sorry) as the last time (I notice it a lot since I tend to be on the 'loose' side all the time) and I am - I just don't count it as a 'reassuring' symptom! I don't know why. Nausea and breast tenderness, yes, little hard poos no.
OK, at the "hard little poos". I don't see it as a symptom, either, since mine at least can be attributed more to prenatal vitamins and their iron, than to the pregnancy. I know because when I start getting uncomfortable, I stop the vitamins (subbing plain folic acid) until I am good again. Maybe 24 hours after the last vitamin, I can poop happy, so I know it's them and not the pg.

I was nauseous this morning, fatigued the last two evenings, and my boobs are crazy sore. But I've been here before, so I'm not getting too excited about it. (At least, I'm trying not to...) I'm 6 weeks today or tomorrow... (weird, post-MC period makes it hard to determine.)

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#123 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieColinsMom View Post
Can I get back with you after my 11am ultrasound?

And a huge thank you to you for putting the list togethor.
I am _so_ hoping that you get good news.
#124 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
I am _so_ hoping that you get good news.
Go ahead and add me to the pg list. The ultrasound showed a sac on track for 5 weeks.

Seeing the stats from my previous pg on the screen upset me for a bit, but I'm feeling great now.
#125 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Go ahead and add me to the pg list. The ultrasound showed a sac on track for 5 weeks.

Seeing the stats from my previous pg on the screen upset me for a bit, but I'm feeling great now.
Congrats! Your instincts were right on track. :

Sorry you had to see the stats from your other pregnancy.
#126 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 01:19 PM

Critty, what were your numbers? I ask because according to betabase my number was double the median of a singleton for my dpo (20) but right at the median of twins. Of course, it could mean nothing. I'm just hoping for a good beta tomorrow.

I'm like 5w2d from LMP today. Almost no nausea, and I usually have pretty bad nausea each month. I'm a bit concerned, but I did have good numbers yesterday. And if I have it right, the whole "morning sickness=less miscarriage risk" is really "high hCG=less miscarriage risk", and I at least have a higher hCG....

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#127 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Critty, what were your numbers? I ask because according to betabase my number was double the median of a singleton for my dpo (20) but right at the median of twins. Of course, it could mean nothing. I'm just hoping for a good beta tomorrow.

I'm like 5w2d from LMP today. Almost no nausea, and I usually have pretty bad nausea each month. I'm a bit concerned, but I did have good numbers yesterday. And if I have it right, the whole "morning sickness=less miscarriage risk" is really "high hCG=less miscarriage risk", and I at least have a higher hCG....
This is the site I've been using to reference hcg #s: http://www.bobrow.net/kimberly/birth/hcglevels.html

What was your last hcg # & how far along were you then?
Mine was Monday at 5 weeks give or take a few days, 6450.
#128 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
OK, at the "hard little poos". I don't see it as a symptom, either, since mine at least can be attributed more to prenatal vitamins and their iron, than to the pregnancy. I know because when I start getting uncomfortable, I stop the vitamins (subbing plain folic acid) until I am good again. Maybe 24 hours after the last vitamin, I can poop happy, so I know it's them and not the pg.

I was nauseous this morning, fatigued the last two evenings, and my boobs are crazy sore. But I've been here before, so I'm not getting too excited about it. (At least, I'm trying not to...) I'm 6 weeks today or tomorrow... (weird, post-MC period makes it hard to determine.)
interesting that it could be the prenatals, although I took them from when I miscarried through TTC again and during that time I was back to my normal loose self! I am really much more used to having satisfying bathroom experiences I think I am going to buy some prunes today.

I am getting a tiny bit of that icky when too hungry feeling so I am hoping that leads to some real nausea soon (how odd to be hoping this!) but I am definitely weirded out that my breasts seem so fine. My hcg was high, so I figure its not a bad sign, but it still freaks me out. I do at least have the fatigue it seems. Its been SO hard to get out of bed in the AM to bike to work! I need to get to bed much earlier to compensate.

oh and to throw more HCG #''s out there, mine was 2038 at 4wks 4days, which is on the edge of normal (very high) but I think I implanted early, given when I had cramps that week.

I kind of wish I had gone to get another draw this week just to see doubling and all that. Instead no reassurance for another 3 weeks (first u/s) and I admit I am scared to death to go through that again - since last time that was the only thing that gave us the m/c news (since it was missed) I may ask not to see the screen until there's good news on it or something. That empty uterus picture still haunts me.

Chrissie, congrats on the u/s! that must be a big relief after your molar experience.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#129 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox View Post
I kind of wish I had gone to get another draw this week just to see doubling and all that. Instead no reassurance for another 3 weeks (first u/s) and I admit I am scared to death to go through that again - since last time that was the only thing that gave us the m/c news (since it was missed) I may ask not to see the screen until there's good news on it or something. That empty uterus picture still haunts me.

Chrissie, congrats on the u/s! that must be a big relief after your molar experience.
That is a good idea.
#130 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

: I am so happy for you, and I am delighted to move you up.
#131 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 03:05 PM

Mine was 1674 at 20DPO, or 5w1d. I've been looking at betabase.info

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#132 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:

I hadn't looked at betabase before - mine was 5x the median for single and double the median of a twin pregnancy for the dpo I was (2038 at 18dpo) now I am freaking out a bit as to how high it was!

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#133 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 05:02 PM

BlissfullyLoving - 2 or even 3 m/c does not really increase your chances later on. Things are definitely in your favor! We'll help ya through.

Quote:
Yipee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
: I am so happy for you, and I am delighted to move you up.
Movin' on up (movin' on up)
To the east side...

Sorry
#134 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 05:04 PM

no5no5 - Would you please update my info to something like
pregnant after two m/c since April '06?

Not officially diagnosed as IF but it took a long freaking time to get here. You can format however makes sense
#135 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherh View Post
BlissfullyLoving - 2 or even 3 m/c does not really increase your chances later on. Things are definitely in your favor! We'll help ya through.
Thanks Heather. I have been on the verge of tears all day. Just so scared, as I know you all understand. I think my already tender breasts are going to have bruises on them after all the squeezing to make sure they are still tender.
#136 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 05:23 PM

Really. It'll be OK.

I'm with you in the scared department.

Why not just have yourself a good cry? Every couple of days (or so? more often? heck, I don't know) I just lose it. Then I feel better and say something positive to myself and the bean.
#137 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
no5no5 - Would you please update my info to something like
pregnant after two m/c since April '06?

Not officially diagnosed as IF but it took a long freaking time to get here. You can format however makes sense
However you want it is how I'll put it. I tried to summarize using everyone's original words as much as possible.
#138 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Really. It'll be OK.

I'm with you in the scared department.

Why not just have yourself a good cry? Every couple of days (or so? more often? heck, I don't know) I just lose it. Then I feel better and say something positive to myself and the bean.
I know you understand. I think I will take you up on the cry. I think I am trying so hard to stay positive that I am denying myself permission to feel the fears that are still lurking inside...if that makes sense. Thank you for reminding me that is ok to let these feelings out.
#139 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 08:28 PM

[QUOTE

Hi, ManifestBaby - welcome! You've had quite a journey to get here. Congrats on 6 weeks! If you're going to have bleeding, everybody seems to think brown is the best type to have. I'll be thinking of you between now and Thursday and hoping for a healthy sticky baby(ies??) for you. [/QUOTE

Thank you I'm hoping for the same for all of us.

[QUOTE]Manifest - crossing my fingers everything is a-ok and the ultrasound is amazing on Thursday!! Our u/s is on Sat, our numbers seem to be high for a singleton and low for twins (they put in 2 embies) so we shall see .... Sending you positive wishes all day Thursday/QUOTE]

Thanks so much. The thought of twins is exciting isn't it? I'm praying that all of our dreams come true.

Bliss thanks for the :
#140 of 369 Old 10-08-2008, 09:54 PM

no5no5 - 'tis good.

Yep, Blissfully - let that bad stuff out!
#141 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Yippee. I felt so queasy this am I had to RUN to the bathroom. Then I promptly felt better, but still. I am thrilled. I think that's pretty good for 5w5d.

A few weeks from now I will (hopefully) be regretting I ever wanted morning sickness.
#142 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 AM

I'm getting a bit of queasiness too! Woo hoo!

2nd beta today. I've been promising the yet to be nicknamed that if it more than doubles it gets a pony.

Just because the pony's going to be plastic and possibly My Little doesn't mean it's not a pony!

#143 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 11:18 AM

Me: Guess what honey, the nausea started this morning! I almost heaved before work.

DH: That's great! I'm so glad you feel bad!

Me: Thanks babe. I really appreciate how supportive you're being...

DH: I hope you feel like SH** tomorrow!

DH:... also, your boobs look big.

(And the funny bit is, there's no sarcasm at all in this conversation.)

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#144 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 11:40 AM

How's everyone doing today?

4w6d for me today. No betas, no US, no news, but no bleeding, so, I'll take it.
#145 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Mine was 1674 at 20DPO, or 5w1d. I've been looking at betabase.info

That sounds like a good #. Thank you sharing the site.

Manifest- I'm thinking about you today. Good luck!
#146 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Me: Guess what honey, the nausea started this morning! I almost heaved before work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Marmotte View Post

Sounds perfect.
#147 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Marmotte View Post

That is about the same as me.
#148 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I'm getting a bit of queasiness too! Woo hoo!

2nd beta today. I've been promising the yet to be nicknamed that if it more than doubles it gets a pony.

Just because the pony's going to be plastic and possibly My Little doesn't mean it's not a pony!
Quote:

You guys both crack me up

Same as yesterday. Nothing new going on. 'cept I'm 5w5d!
#149 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 03:29 PM

Chrissie- thanks

Ok, I just got back from my ultrasound. Two babies -could see one great looking heartbeat the other one he couldn't tell he said it might just be a little behind. :

I could go back in a week, if I want, for another scan but I think I'll just wait until my scheduled appointment with my OBGYN. I will pray they both stick around but I feel blessed to know that at least one probably will.
#150 of 369 Old 10-09-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManifestBaby View Post
Chrissie- thanks

Ok, I just got back from my ultrasound. Two babies -could see one great looking heartbeat the other one he couldn't tell he said it might just be a little behind. :

I could go back in a week, if I want, for another scan but I think I'll just wait until my scheduled appointment with my OBGYN. I will pray they both stick around but I feel blessed to know that at least one probably will.
::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page