Anyone buying stuff already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 09-27-2008, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Even though I am afraid about this pregnancy I already bought a few things today. I needed a new skirt, and since I do not mind wearing maternity clothes when I am not pregnant, I just bought a maternity one that was on sale. I also got a summer shirt that was on clearance. Then I saw the Sakura slings were on sale. I have a maya wrap from ds, but these are so pretty. I got a sling too! At this rate I will have all my diapers, carriers, maternity clothes, and baby clothes by the time I am through my first trimester.

We have been trying for a year, and I think I am just so excited! I cannot wait to start getting baby clothes!
#2 of 15 Old 09-27-2008, 09:49 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I haven't bought anything for this new baby since I found out I was pregnant, but I have collected things at thrift stores etc. since dd2 was born. I did, however, dig out my box of little baby things and sobbed over the teeny tiny diapers! I will be buying a few pants with stretch waists as I grow REALLY fast when pregnant. First I'm bloated and then my uterus just pops out. I could feel it outside of my pelvis at 8 weeks last time! I'm sure with a 3rd pregnancy it will be even worse!

I think it's great! :

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#3 of 15 Old 09-27-2008, 09:51 PM

well, i haven't been buying yet, but i told my sister to bring over her huge supply of materniy clothes which i washed last week and hung up in my closet(even before i tested positive, haha, hopeful thinking!).

i am planning on getting a ring sling at some point- probably soon because i am so excited! i didn't have a sling for ds's newborn days and i know it would have been so helpful!
#4 of 15 Old 09-27-2008, 10:01 PM

When we first started going down the surrogacy route, which was LAST October, we bought some organic cotton little baby mittens. That is the only thing we have bought. We bought our surro her prenatal vitamins and it had a organic onsie as a gift, so we almost have a full outfit! Ha! I think we will wait until after the 1st trimester is over until we purchase anything, but I am excited to start shopping and have been researching like a mad woman!!
#5 of 15 Old 09-27-2008, 10:13 PM

I havent actually bought anything, but i did go assess the CD numbers, and have decdied to buy NB prefolds this time, and I JUST printed the curly purly soaker pattern....
#6 of 15 Old 09-27-2008, 10:31 PM

I've been collecting soft yarn that would be good for baby hats, blankets and soakers for the past 6 months or so

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#7 of 15 Old 09-28-2008, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Glad to see I am not the only one. It is so exciting!
#8 of 15 Old 09-28-2008, 02:45 AM

I just bought some folic acid tablets today. They're nice and small and when I'm feeling queasy I can't even look at those giant prenatal vitamins! So I'm figuring flintstones and a bit of extra folic acid is better than staring down that prenatal vitamin every morning and not taking it most of the time

Jessica, Wife to Owen (6/7/03), mom to Amina (9/20/06) : and Colm (5/30/09) :

#9 of 15 Old 09-28-2008, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyakanyasko View Post
I just bought some folic acid tablets today. They're nice and small and when I'm feeling queasy I can't even look at those giant prenatal vitamins! So I'm figuring flintstones and a bit of extra folic acid is better than staring down that prenatal vitamin every morning and not taking it most of the time
I did that the last time I was pregnant. They are definitely easier to take then prenatals.

I switched brands a few months ago, and the ones I have now are pretty easy to take. They are Innate Response Prenatal Trimester 1 and 2. They are just a little smaller and glossy.
#10 of 15 Old 09-28-2008, 09:41 AM

Hi Blissfully! I just wanted to pop over here and say congrats!! I didn't see your announcement on the ttc boards but I remember participating in a thread with you and you are such a suppportive, wonderful person! So congrats!!

Also, a little fuel for the fire..
I found this site for baby/kids clothes while preggo with ds. It is incredible!

Also, a word of caution; don't buy too much, and don't buy all little sizes. If you want to keep shopping, start buying stuff in 2T, 3T, and 4T too. That stage comes before you know it and then you won't just have a bunch of baby stuff your little one can no longer wear.

Have a happy and healthy 9 months, all!:

I hope to be joining you, but this cycle is looking a little bleak, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.
#11 of 15 Old 09-28-2008, 09:44 AM

Well... since I gave away pretty much ALL of my baby and maternity stuff this summer I have to start over, darn I had such a fabulous stash of diapers and gave them away too :

My first project is to try sewing a pair of yoga type pants. I bought a pattern and some fabric yesterday. I had a similar pair during another pg and was able to wear them the whole time. I'm afraid I'll get big pretty fast since this is #4.... omg....#4
#12 of 15 Old 09-28-2008, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2in09 View Post
Hi Blissfully! I just wanted to pop over here and say congrats!! I didn't see your announcement on the ttc boards but I remember participating in a thread with you and you are such a suppportive, wonderful person! So congrats!!

Also, a little fuel for the fire..
I found this site for baby/kids clothes while preggo with ds. It is incredible!

Also, a word of caution; don't buy too much, and don't buy all little sizes. If you want to keep shopping, start buying stuff in 2T, 3T, and 4T too. That stage comes before you know it and then you won't just have a bunch of baby stuff your little one can no longer wear.

Have a happy and healthy 9 months, all!:

I hope to be joining you, but this cycle is looking a little bleak, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.
Hi! Thanks for the kind words. : I have my : that you will be joining us soon too. I am trying to bring over as many people as I can. On one of the ttc threads three of us got bfps on the same day! There was another one this morning.

Thanks for the clothing site and advice. I will only get a few things for baby clothes right now because it is just too hard to know how long babies will be in sizes. Ds was pretty on track with the sizing, but I cannot be sure that our next baby will too. I will probably only pick up a few more outfits in the next few sizes until after the baby is born. We still have all the onesies and gowns from ds.

I hated ds's diapers, so I will need to buy a new stash. We only have a few left, and I sold the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2j&t View Post
Well... since I gave away pretty much ALL of my baby and maternity stuff this summer I have to start over, darn I had such a fabulous stash of diapers and gave them away too :

My first project is to try sewing a pair of yoga type pants. I bought a pattern and some fabric yesterday. I had a similar pair during another pg and was able to wear them the whole time. I'm afraid I'll get big pretty fast since this is #4.... omg....#4
Do you think that you can borrow the diapers from whoever you gave them to? Perhaps #4 wants all new things!

Good luck with the yoga pants. My friend, a yoga instructor, lived in her yoga pants through her last pregnancy.
#13 of 15 Old 09-28-2008, 06:20 PM

No ... cause if this baby is a boy, I have mostly everything i need already.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#14 of 15 Old 09-29-2008, 12:20 PM

Nope, no baby stuff. I'm only buying things I'll need in the next few weeks: vitamins I'd run out of, CLO, that kind of thing. I do have a few baby things in the house-- a hat and bootie set my mom knitted last year, a moses basket that a lovely MDC mama gave me. I'm trying to go step-by-step though!

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#15 of 15 Old 10-03-2008, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

My sling came in the other day. It is so pretty! It is not very soft right now, but hopefully after I wash it a few times the fibers will soften and loosen up.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page