anyone still temping? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-28-2008, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is that even necessary? I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. I guess I will be taking all my info with me. Just woudl like to stay asleep for an extra 30 minutes without getting up to temp.

I heard that I shoudl take extra time getting up in the morning- to help combat feeling poorly. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm already super gassy. That is not fun. :

But, I'm warming up to the idea.

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
#2 of 7 Old 09-28-2008, 11:25 PM

Hey Musiclady Congratulations:::. I'm so glad to see you in a DDC, and June is a perfect time for a teacher to have a baby. As for the temping thing, I temped for several weeks after the BFP until I felt liked I had passed the time when I would have a chemical pregnancy. It helped me to feel sane in the beginning, but eventually, I felt I didn't need to anymore. The drawback was any drop in temperature would put me into a funk all day. Either way you'll probably be worrying for the next few weeks, so do whatever helps you feel less worry.

Good luck with a happy and healthy 9 months!

Emily mother to Colin 5/3/2009
#3 of 7 Old 09-29-2008, 08:14 AM

I temped this morning, but not yesterday. I just did it because I was up. Once I pass the time AF is due (the end of this week) I will not temp at all. I guess I just want some warning if it does not look like the baby is sticking with us.

I agree with Emily, whatever helps you feel less anxiety is what you should do.
#4 of 7 Old 09-29-2008, 08:55 AM

I love seeing those high temps. I don't know when I'm going to stop temping. I'm not even tempted yet. But that said, I don't get up early to temp, or I probably wouldn't have been doing it for a year now.
#5 of 7 Old 09-29-2008, 09:16 PM

I'm still doing it and will continue until I feel more confident. I don't get up early to do it, though, just my normal time.
I guess if you wanted to keep an eye on your temps, you could sleep the extra half hour and then adjust your temp down by .1 degrees since it's not quite so critical at this point, you know?

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#6 of 7 Old 10-01-2008, 01:15 AM

i quit temping the day before i got my bfp. i kept feeling like i was gearing up for af, so i just stopped. i'm also doing some weird nightwaking with the strange early pregnancy dreams, so my temps wouldn't even be accurate anyway
#7 of 7 Old 10-01-2008, 05:06 AM

I stopped this morning and now I almost regret it. Having high temps these past few days was reassuring. However I generally think it's too stressful to temp after a BFP and should be avoided.... Positive thoughts, positive thoughts!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page